NADD REGIONAL & NATIONAL SHOWCASE INVITE CRITERIA
NADD Regionals Information for Competitors
The overall feedback from 2020 regionals was very positive. Going forward into the 2021 season NADD will host 6 regional events in the US (NE, SE, NW, SW, NC, SC) and 1 in Canada. (provided the border is open)
Regional Dates & Location
SouthWest - July 30 - Aug 1, 2021 - Prescott, AZ
NorthCentral - August 20 - 22, 2021 - Amana IA
SouthEast - Aug 27-29, 2021 - GA TBD
NorthWest - Sept 10-12, 2021 - location TBD
NorthEast - Sept 10-12, 2021 - Willimantic, CT
SouthCentral - Sept 10-12 - location TBD
Canada - TBD
There are be 3 ways to earn an invite to REGIONALS
1. Having placed 1st - 3rd at any of the 2020 Regionals AND have 15 splashes in the 2021 season prior to registering for a 2021 Regionals
2. Placing 1st - 3rd at a 2021 Qualifier AND having 15 splashes in the season in the 2021 season prior to registering for a 2021 Regionals
a. At any qualifier, invites will roll down if the higher finishing dog entered the event with an invite currently.
b. Starting in the 2021 season, due to the growth of the Veteran Division, NADD will start awarding an invite to the TOP finishing Veteran Open dog in each distance division at any qualifier. (This is for OPEN DISTANCE only and does not roll down)
3. Earning an Advance or Excellent title in the current season AND having 15 splashes in the season.
The minimum required splashes for the 2021 season are:
● Distance 15 splashes
● AR 5 splashes
● HD 5 splashes
Once an invite is earned you can go to any regional and attend multiple regionals but can only place 1st-3rd in a discipline (AR/HD/Distance) at one regional. If you place at another regional that placement will roll down.
● Registration for each regional will open 1 month prior to the first date of the event. Registration will close the Tuesday prior to the start date of a Regionals at 11:59 CST
● A dog must take all distance splashes on the same day but can sign up for the other disciplines on different days if spots are available.
○ Example - Distance splashes on friday, AR on Saturday and HD on Sunday.
● Will be the same at 2020 Regionals, only difference is you can choose which day you want to do each of the disciplines you entered in. (both distance splashes have to be done the same day)
● Run order will be set by dog's name, repeated for same day distance jumps. Order will vary (still alphabetical by dog) for HD and AR due to different dogs participating.
● Schedule for the day will be HydroDash, Distance than Air Retrieve Jumping Regionals format would be an average of 2 splashes and season average for distance.
● The actual score for splashes #1 & 2. The 3rd score is the dogs 2021 season average.
● No allowance for going over your Regionals division. If your average of 3 splashes puts you in a higher division that’s where you place.
● If your average is in a lower division than your invite, you will not be bumped down into the lower division.
● Only allow practice during the first distance splash. No practice for HD or AR
● 3 min on the dock
● HD and AR will run the same as last year. Best score wins with standard tiebreakers.
● Rosette awarded to the top 3 dogs in each division.
● Top 3 placements earn invites to the National Showcase. (can only place in one regional, placements will roll down)
● $65 for distance splashes and $50 per each discipline of AR and HD
● Payment is required at time of registration.
NADD National Showcase information Competitors
The purpose for the National Showcase is to have a memorable experience that celebrates their achievement throughout the year.
Where and When:
When: October - tentatively October 27-31, 2021
Where: TBD - will be announced when details are finalized
How do I get invited:
● Place in the top 25% per division from overall regionals results
● 2021 1st - 3rd Regionals Placements
● 2020 Nationals 1st - 3rd winners + 15 splashes
● Top 10 overall in each division +15 splashes
● #1 in Breed +15 splashes
● Top 1st - 3rd dog in each division at the last chance qualifiers held the two days before. (still need to have had 15 splashes in the 2021 season)
● Veteran invites to be determined.
The Showcase runs all day Friday and Saturday. Depending on the number of competitors entered we may start Hydrodash or Air Retrieve on Thursday night (if needed).
Banquet and Awards
The awards banquet will have a fee per person and the intention at this time is for it to be a catered meal with vegan options and presentation of Showcase and seasonal awards. This is contingent on facility options and covid restrictions at that time.
The Classic Last Chance & The Classic Qualifier
Alongside the National Showcase, NADD will run a last chance qualifier called, The Classic Last Chance. This is open to all dogs. The top 3 dogs in each division will earn a spot in the National Showcase.
● All registrations are prepaid.
● Dogs must have 15/5 splashes for the season to accept the 1-3rd placement invite to the National showcase. We will roll down.
● Wednesday and Thursday will be a last chance qualifier for the National Showcase.
● Sunday will be The Classic Qualifier for the 2022 season. Placing 1st - 3rd on Sunday will earn you an invite to 2022 regionals event
COVID continues to affect our lives. NADD has made these plans knowing full well that we could need to alter events as COVID requirements dictate. We will keep you posted if any changes need to be made to any of our events.