NADD REGIONAL & NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP INVITE CRITERIA
NADD Regionals/Championship Qualifying Information for Competitors
in 2022 NADD will host 6 regional events in the USA (NE, SE, NW, SW, NC, SC ) and 2 in Canada.
Regional Dates & Location
SouthCentral - Aug 12-14 - El Reno, OK
SouthWest - Aug 19-21 -Prescott Valley, Arizona
NorthCentral - August 18-21 - Amana, IA
SouthEast - Aug 25-28 - Perry, GA
NorthWest - Sept 9-11, 2022 - Auburn, WA
NorthEast - Sept 9-11, 2022 - North Franklin, CT
To get an invite to 2022 Regionals:
- Place in the top 3 of any division (open and lap) in any discipline (Distance, Air Retrieve and/or Hydrodash) at a 2022 Qualifier event. (Invites roll down) They do not determine the division you compete in at Regionals
- Top veteran in each open division (of distance only) also earns an invite (does not roll down if Vet is in the top 3)
- Place in the top 3 at the 2021 National Showcase (10/30/21), 2022 FCQ/First Chance Qualifier (10/31/21) or the 2022 Santa Splash (12/19/21)
- Earn an advanced or excellent title during the 2022 season (9/16/21 thru 9/15/22)
Division placement for the 2022 Regionals will be determined by: The dog’s season average on the closing date of the Regionals they attend (the Tuesday prior to the start date of a Regionals at 11:59 CST).
To get an invite to 2022 National Championship:
- Place in the top 3 of any division at a 2022 Regionals event this season (Lap, Open, Veteran)
- Place in the top 3 of any division at the 2021 National Showcase (10/30/21), 2022 FCQ/First Chance Qualifier (10/31/21) or the 2022 Santa Splash (12/19/21) event. (1st place at FCQ & Santa Splash get a pass thru to the Showcase, 2nd and 3rd must attend regionals to accept Showcase invite)
- Place in the top 25% per division from overall regionals results
- Top 10 in Division
- The top ten dogs in each division, in each discipline, at the end of the season, will be invited to the 2022 National Championship. You MUST attend a 2022 regionals to accept the invite, so plan accordingly if you are close to being at the top of your division.
Division placement for the 2022 National Showcase will be determined by the dog’s season average on the closing date of the 2022 season (9/15/22)
This year's criteria is basically the same as last seasons’ except we are expanding who needs to attend regionals. When everyone that competes in the Showcase attends a regionals first, it makes for a more fair and competitive National Showcase experience.
Season average =
in Distance (average of 15 best jumps),
in Air Retrieve - (average of 5 best AR scores),
in HydroDash - (average of 5 best HD scores)
In order to accept an invitation you must also have completed the minimum required splashes.
The minimum required splashes for the 2022 season are:
- Distance 15 splashes
- AR 5 splashes
- HD 5 splashes
Once an invite is earned you can go to any regional and attend multiple regionals but a dog can only place 1st-3rd in a discipline (AR/HD/Distance) at one regional. If you place at another regional that placement and invite will roll down.
Registering for Regionals
- Registration for each regional will open 10 weeks prior to the first date of the event. Registration will close the Tuesday prior to the start date of a Regionals at 11:59 CST
- A dog must take all distance splashes on the same day but can sign up for the other disciplines on different days (or the same day) if spots are available.
○ Example - Distance splashes on Friday, AR on Saturday and HD on Sunday.
Registering for National Championships
- Registration for for National Championships will open approximately 4 weeks before the start of the Championships. Registration information will be posted at a later date.