NADD Sanctioned Facility Requirements
ATTN: As of May 20th, 2020...NADD is not taking applications to be a facility. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are not processing any NEW applications. We will reopen the application process after Oct 15th, 2020.
What is required to become a sanctioned NADD Facility?
First, we ask that you read these requirements and fill out the questionnaire below. The application process can take up to 1 to 3 weeks for approval. As our sport has grown and the interest has more than tripled in the last few years, we are now only looking for facilities with several years of diving dog experience. Also, we will ONLY be accepting facilities that are currently operating as an established dog-related business (training. boarding)
Pool: The pool of water for dock jumping must be at least 4 feet deep. The dimensions of the pool must be at least 21’ x 41’ (or receive NADD approval). The water must be clean, clear water, no debris or algae. The pool must have a safe ramp or steps for the dog to exit the water. We no longer accept pond facilities.
Dock: The dock must be sturdy and well-constructed. The dock must be 40 feet long by no more than 8 ft wide and no less than 7.5 feet wide. The dock must have a barrier around it to prevent dogs from jumping off the dock to the ground. The surface has to be non-slip and maintain good traction for the handler/dog. Recommendations are Astro-turf, outdoor no-slip carpeting, rubber-like, or an approved surface that is non-slip when wet. The finished dock must sit 2 feet off the surface of the water. The dock must be permanently set up... not be a mobile dock.
You must provide a copy of your insurance.
All pools must have a measuring banner on both sides of the pool. It shall have the numerical number for feet and slashes every 3” increments.
2-NADD Logo banners and 2-AKC (or CKC if in Canada) logo banners must be displayed on the dock. These banners must be at least 3′ x 3′. Also, the banner below the dock must be (approx) 18"′ x 8′ with the AKC (or CKC) logo at one corner and the NADD logo in the other corner. Your facility name and/or logo can be in the middle of the banner. The facility must also award a strip and title ribbons to all handler/dog teams that have a qualifying jump and a rosette ribbon for a title.
Judging is manual eyeball judging with one or two judges. All judges must be registered and certified through NADD.
The facility runs and manages the trial. NADD will take your on-line entries and have all your paperwork ready for your trial. The only thing you have to do is your day of show entries. NADD will keep track of every jump and send a certificate of titles to all dogs that earn a title.
- As the NADD season gets extremely busy during the Summer and Fall, we will only approve facilities between the beginning of November to the beginning of May each year. If a facility wants to apply outside of those dates, they will be considered but will have to wait until the following year’s season to host events.
- Each NADD facility agrees to only run NADD sanctioned events.
- Also, as the sport of diving dogs is growing so rapidly, in order to be considered, a facility must have an understanding of both the sport and how to run events. We, as a company, are not able to take the time to train someone how to train dogs for the sport and how to understand a sport they have never competed in. So, experience in the sport, or lack thereof, is highly considered in the application process.
- NADD has a Radius Clause for all facilities. A New NADD Facility must have a 100-mile radius from other NADD facilities.
- NADD will not approve facilities that are not currently established as a dog related business. This does NOT mean have a pool and dock, but it does mean, they are ready to set up the pool and dock and hold events within a very reasonable time (approx 6 months). Facilities should investigate local laws and codes prior to applying to NADD. If the facility is looking to be indoors, they must already have locations available before applying.
If you are interested in becoming a NADD facility please completely fill out the NADD Facility Application.