NADD Recognized Facility Requirements
NOTE: This is updated information as of Dec 8th, 2020.
What is required to become a recognized NADD Facility?
First, we ask that you read these requirements and fill out the questionnaire below. The application process can take up to 2 to 4 weeks for approval. As our sport has grown and the interest has more than tripled in the last few years, we are now only looking for facilities with several years of diving dog experience. Second, as this sport has grown, the clients using the facility are looking for experienced trainers to work with. The applications asked for actual dock diving experience the facility will have. NADD will train the facility how to run NADD events but does not have the time or availability to teach the basics of the sport and other training skills. Also, we will ONLY be accepting facilities that are currently operating as an established dog-related business (training. boarding) onsite.
Pool: The pool of water for dock jumping must be at least 4 feet deep. The dimensions of the pool must be at least 21’ x 45’ (or receive NADD approval). The water must be clean, clear water, no debris, or algae. The pool must have a safe ramp or steps for the dog to exit the water. We no longer accept pond facilities. The facility must have adequate room for parking and events.
Dock: The dock must be sturdy and well-constructed. The dock must be 40 feet long by no more than 8 ft wide and no less than 7.5 feet wide. The dock must have a barrier around it to prevent dogs from jumping off the dock to the ground. The surface must be non-slip and maintain good traction for the handler/dog. Recommendations are Astroturf, outdoor no-slip carpeting, rubber-like, or an approved surface that is non-slip when wet. The finished dock must sit 2 feet off the surface of the water. The dock must be permanently set up... not be a mobile dock.
You must provide a copy of your insurance.
All pools must have a measuring banner on both sides of the pool. It shall have the numerical number for feet and slashes every 3” increments.
2-NADD Logo banners and 2-AKC (or CKC if in Canada) logo banners must be displayed on the dock. These banners must be at least 3′ x 3′. Also, the banner below the dock must be (approx) 18"′ x 8′ with the AKC (or CKC) logo at one corner and the NADD logo in the other corner. Your facility name and/or logo can be in the middle of the banner. The facility must also award a strip and title ribbons to all handler/dog teams that have a qualifying jump and a rosette ribbon for a title.
Judging is manual eyeball judging with one or two judges. All judges must be registered and certified through NADD.
The facility runs and manages the trial. NADD will take your on-line entries and have all your paperwork ready for your trial. The only thing you must do is your day of show entries. NADD will keep track of every jump and send a certificate of titles to all dogs that earn a title.
- As the NADD season gets extremely busy during the Summer and Fall, we will only approve facilities between the beginning of November to the beginning of May each year. If a facility wants to apply outside of those dates, they will be considered but will have to wait until the following year’s season to host events.
- Each NADD facility agrees to only run NADD recognized events.
- NADD has a Radius Clause for all facilities. A New NADD Facility must have a 100-mile radius or 1 1/2 hour drive from other NADD facilities. To see the locations of the other NADD Facilities, check HERE.
- The applying facility MUST have experience with NADD in the sport of Diving Dogs. The applying facility must have competed or attended events, personally.
- NADD will not approve facilities that are not currently established as a dog related business. This does NOT mean have a pool and dock, but it does mean, they are ready to set up the pool and dock and hold events within a very reasonable time (approx 6 months). Facilities should investigate local laws and codes prior to applying to NADD. If the facility is looking to be indoors, they must already have locations available before applying.
- Also, if your application is being submitted and part of your reasoning is just to tell us how much folks don't like another local NADD facility...please save us both the time. We want to know why YOUR facility is perfect for NADD, what you plan to do to grow the sport. Applying and just bashing another facility is NOT the environment we want to establish with the NADD community.