- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 08/25/2022 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $25.00 (CAD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $30.00 (CAD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in for all pre-registered splashes. Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
NADD Regionals Qualifier
- In order to qualify, each dog must have a minimum of three splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of the top three jumps from the event for each dog. Only the top 3 dogs in each division will receive an automatic invite to the Regionals.
- Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
- The Air Retrieve and Hydro Dash qualifier will be based on the highest score achieved at the event. In both Open & Lap, the Top Finisher for each division will earn invites.
12:30 pm: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump) - (this splash will begin as soon as splash 1 ends- could be prior to 2 pm- arrive early!)
04:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve) - Must attend handlers meeting at 3:30
09:00 am: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash) - Must attend handlers meeting at 8:30
10:30 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump) - Will begin immediately after Splash 3 (could be prior to noon, arrive early!)
01:30 pm: Splash #5 (Distance Jump) - Will begin immediately after Splash 4 ends- could be prior to 1:30, arrive early!
03:00 pm: Splash #6 (Distance Jump) - Will begin immediately after distance splash 5, may be before 3pm. Arrive early!
The last and final chance to qualify for the 2022 Canadian Western Regional Championship - held here at the same site on the weekend immediately after this qualifier.
Plan to come a little early to get in your last jumps, qualify for another discipline, or just get experience in the championship event pool.
Thursday Sept 1, 2022
Thursday morning 9-11:30 - check in and pool open for practice
12- Judge's briefing for Splash 1
12:30 Splash 1 begins
2 pm or( immediately after splash 1 ends) - Splash 2 begins
3:30 Judge's briefing for AR- all dogs entered in AR must be present
4pm - AR begins
Friday Sept 2022
8:30 am - Judge's briefing for HD - all dogs entered in HD must be present
9 am - HD begins
10:30 Distance Splash 3
12 Distance Splash 4
1:30 Distance Splash 5
3pm Distance Splash 6
This event is held on private property - Gates open at 7:30 am and close at 10pm. On-Site (dry, no services) camping is AVAILABLE for this event by preregistration only - limited spots, email to reserve- THURSDAY, FRIDAY, and SATURDAY nights only. $10 per night. EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org after entering the event to reserve your camping spot. Help keep our neighbors happy by controlling barking between splashes. If you need camping before or after those dates, some ideas are: Ten Mile Lake Provincial Park is beautiful and is less than a 10 minute drive from our pool. The Airport Inn Motel also has a campground within 10 minutes.
We have plenty of space poolside for shade tents and crating. You will need to provide your own shade.
**There is no BBQ or concession for the Last Chance Qualifier. Pack a lunch or nearest fast food is a 10 minute drive.
Electronic Pre-payment is preferred. Registered Competitors will receive an email with payment instructions after the closing date for entries has been received. On-site check in (cash only if you are not paying in advance please- we have no internet/cell service at the pool for digital payment).
Ribbons for each qualifying jump, top 3 placements per division for each splash, and Rosettes for each title earned. Ribbons are 'self serve' available for pickup at the admin desk shortly after each splash.
Running order- Owners with multiple dogs will be spaced out.
- On Thursday, we'll start run by dog names starting with Z to A
- Friday - Dogs will run A to Z. Handlers with multiple dogs will be able to ensure seperation for efficiency.
- Poop Pick up is a must and dogs must not use pool or agility areas to eliminate. Anything man-made may not be used for peeing (including the dock supports!). Watch those boys!
- No Dog to Dog contact is permitted for safety reasons. Dogs must stay on leash except on the dock or enclosed agility area. Keep a 2 leash length distance between dogs (and people!) at all times.
- Please drive slowly while entering the property. Speed bumps exist! Follow signs to get to the pool. Park only in designated areas.
- 10 acres surrounding the pool and camping areas are available for leash walking competing dogs. Please do not allow your dog to harrass (bark or lunge at) neighboring livestock.
- Please control barking between splashes.
- Special precautions may be in place to prevent the spread of COVID or any other contagious illness. You will be attending at your own risk and agree to abide by any site regulations set forth for sanitation at this event.
- All handlers AND helpers will be required to sign our waiver on checkin.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at key locations. Use it as directed. Feel free to bring your own for personal use.
- We reserve the right to provide additional rules and updates in order to comply with all government regulations and to keep our staff and competitors safe. Please understand the spirit of these rules is for YOUR benefit and are what allow us to host a trial in these trying times. We cannot have these events without full cooperation of all in attendance.
Directions - (NO DROP INs, visit only during posted competition hours) -*** Note that not all electronic maps have us mapped correctly- use these directions to confirm you are in the right place!
We are located at 4131 Schemenaur Road.
Coming from Quesnel BC, turn right onto Highway 26 (towards Barkerville). Proceed for 6 km and then turn left onto Schemenaur Road. We are 2 kms down on the left (immediately after the railway tracks- watch for signage).
Coming from the north/Prince George- Schemenaur Road is on the left approximately 2 km after you cross the Cottonwood River Bridge. Proceed for 7 km - we are on the right, immediately before the railway tracks (watch for signage)