- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 07/23/2022 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $25.00 (CAD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $30.00 (CAD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in for all pre-registered splashes. Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
01:00 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash) - All Handlers must be present for handler's meeting at 12:30
03:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve) - All handlers must be present for handlers meeting at 2:30pm.
10:00 am: Splash #302 (Hydro Dash)
12:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
Welcome to our 2022 Specialty event!
Typical qualifying ribbons for each qualifying jump and title rosettes are of course offered! Camping for FRIDAY & SATURDAY NIGHT ONLY for registered competitors for $10.
Other nearby camping options: Ten Mile Lake Provincial Park; Airport Inn Campground.
Recommended pet-friendly hotel: Quality Inn
*** We may plan to have private lessons or seminars on the weekend, before or after official events are complete. Email if you are interested!
This event is held on private property - On-Site camping is AVAILABLE for this event by preregistration only - limited spots, email to reserve. $10 per night. EMAIL email@example.com after entering the event to reserve your camping spot. Help keep our neighbors happy by controlling barking between splashes. Camping is only available on Friday and Saturday nights. If you need camping before or after those dates, some ideas are: Ten Mile Lake Provincial Park is beautiful and is less than a 10 minute drive from our pool. The Airport Inn Motel also has a campground within 10 minutes.
We have plenty of space poolside for shade tents and crating. You will need to provide your own shade.
Electronic Pre-payment is preferred. Registered Competitors will receive an email with payment instructions after the closing date for entries has been received. On-site check in (cash only if you are not paying in advance please- we have no internet/cell service at the pool).
Ribbons for each qualifying jump, top 3 placements per division for each splash, and Rosettes for each title earned. Ribbons are 'self serve' available for pickup at the admin desk shortly after each splash.
Running order- Owners with multiple dogs will be spaced out.
- On Saturday, we'll start run by dog names starting with A to Z.
- Sunday will run reverse alphabetical Z-A
- Poop Pick up is a must and dogs must not use pool or agility areas to eliminate. Anything man-made may not be used for peeing (including the dock supports!)
- No Dog to Dog contact is permitted for safety reasons. Dogs must stay on leash except on the dock or enclosed agility area. Keep a 2 leash length distance between dogs (and people!) at all times.
- Please drive slowly while entering the property. Speed bumps exist!
- 10 acres surrounding the pool and camping areas are available for leash walking competing dogs. Please do not allow your dog to harrass (bark or lunge at) neighboring livestock.
- Please control barking between splashes.
- Special precautions may be in place to prevent the spread of COVID or any other contagious illness. You will be attending at your own risk and agree to abide by any site regulations set forth for sanitation at this event.
- All handlers AND helpers will be required to sign our waiver on checkin.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at key locations. Use it as directed. Feel free to bring your own for personal use.
- We reserve the right to provide additional rules and updates in order to comply with all government regulations and to keep our staff and competitors safe. Please understand the spirit of these rules is for YOUR benefit and are what allow us to host a trial in these trying times. We cannot have these events without full cooperation of all in attendance.
Directions - note that not all electronic maps have us mapped correctly- use these directions to confirm you are in the right place!
We are located at 4131 Schemenaur Road.
Coming from Quesnel BC, turn right onto Highway 26 (towards Barkerville). Proceed for 6 km and then turn left onto Schemenaur Road. We are 2 kms down on the left (immediately after the railway tracks- watch for signage).
Coming from the north/Prince George- Schemenaur Road is on the left approximately 2 km after you cross the Cottonwood River Bridge. Proceed for 7 km - we are on the right, immediately before the railway tracks (watch for signage)