- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration begins on 05/31/2022 at 01:00 pm (CDT) and closes 08/05/2022 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $25.00 (CAD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $30.00 (CAD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in for all pre-registered splashes. Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Independent Event Finals
- This event will have an independent Facility Finals. The finals will not count towards NADD jumps (averages, rankings, etc).
- Each facility will determine how many dogs will make the Finals and the awards to be given, if any.
- At least 3 jumps are required to participate in independent event finals.
08:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump) - This Splash begins as soon as the previous one ends.
12:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump) - This Splash begins as soon as the previous one ends.
02:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump) - This Splash begins as soon as the previous one ends.
04:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve) - Air Retrieve begins as soon as the last distance splash ends).
08:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump) - This Splash begins as soon as the previous one ends.
12:00 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash) - HD begins as soon as the previous distance splash ends.
02:00 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump) - This Splash begins as soon as the previous one ends.
04:00 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump) - This Splash begins as soon as the previous one ends.
08:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump) - This Splash begins as soon as the previous one ends.
12:00 pm: Splash #11 (Distance Jump) - This Splash begins as soon as the previous one ends.
Join us for the first competition of the season! PLEASE WATCH THIS EVENT DESCRIPTION FOR UPDATES WITH REGARDS TO ANY COVID RESTRICTIONS/REGULATIONS THAT MAY BE IN PLACE.
**** Try its will NOT be offered at this event. ***
This event is held on private property - Gates open at 7:30 am and close at 10pm. On-Site camping is AVAILABLE for this event by preregistration only - limited spots, email to reserve. $10 per night (SUNDAY NIGHT CAMPING IS FREE FOR REGISTERED COMPETITORS!) . EMAIL email@example.com after entering the event to reserve your camping spot. Help keep our neighbors happy by controlling barking between splashes. Camping is only available on Thursday, Friday and Saturday/Sunday nights. If you need camping before or after those dates, some ideas are: Ten Mile Lake Provincial Park is beautiful and is less than a 10 minute drive from our pool. The Airport Inn Motel also has a campground within 10 minutes.
We have plenty of space poolside for shade tents and crating. You will need to provide your own shade.
Electronic Pre-payment is preferred. Registered Competitors will receive an email with payment instructions after the closing date for entries has been received. On-site check in (cash only if you are not paying in advance please- we have no internet/cell service at the pool).
This event has finals for the Top 6 dogs in each division (lap and open classes). The finals run at the end of the scheduled events on Sunday and are followed by the awards ceremony. Please plan to stay for the Finals to compete or cheer on your friends! Everytything is typically done by 4-5 pm, but camping is FREE on Sunday night so that you can even stay to get a good night's sleep before heading home!
Ribbons for each qualifying jump, top 3 placements per division for each splash, and Rosettes for each title earned. Ribbons are 'self serve' available for pickup at the admin desk shortly after each splash, except for overall awards and the Western Cup Trophy, which is awarded for cumulated performance over all of the events for the weekend.
Running order- Owners with multiple dogs will be spaced out.
- On Friday, we'll start run by dog names starting with A to Z.
- Saturday- run order will be M-Z then A-L
- Sunday will run reverse alphabetical Z-A
- Poop Pick up is a must and dogs must not use pool or agility areas to eliminate. Anything man-made may not be used for peeing (including the dock supports!)
- No Dog to Dog contact is permitted for safety reasons. Dogs must stay on leash except on the dock or enclosed agility area. Keep a 2 leash length distance between dogs (and people!) at all times.
- Please drive slowly while entering the property. Speed bumps exist!
- 10 acres surrounding the pool and camping areas are available for leash walking competing dogs. Please do not allow your dog to harrass (bark or lunge at) neighboring livestock.
- Please control barking between splashes.
- Special precautions may be in place to prevent the spread of COVID or any other contagious illness. You will be attending at your own risk and agree to abide by any site regulations set forth for sanitation at this event.
- All handlers AND helpers will be required to sign our waiver on checkin.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at key locations. Use it as directed. Feel free to bring your own for personal use.
- We reserve the right to provide additional rules and updates in order to comply with all government regulations and to keep our staff and competitors safe. Please understand the spirit of these rules is for YOUR benefit and are what allow us to host a trial in these trying times. We cannot have these events without full cooperation of all in attendance.
Directions - note that not all electronic maps have us mapped correctly- use these directions to confirm you are in the right place!
We are located at 4131 Schemenaur Road.
Coming from Quesnel BC, turn right onto Highway 26 (towards Barkerville). Proceed for 6 km and then turn left onto Schemenaur Road. We are 2 kms down on the left (immediately after the railway tracks- watch for signage).
Coming from the north/Prince George- Schemenaur Road is on the left approximately 2 km after you cross the Cottonwood River Bridge. Proceed for 7 km - we are on the right, immediately before the railway tracks (watch for signage)