- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 07/22/2022 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in for all pre-registered splashes. Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
NADD Regionals Qualifier
- In order to qualify, each dog must have a minimum of three splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of the top three jumps from the event for each dog. Only the top 3 dogs in each division will receive an automatic invite to the Regionals.
- Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
- The Air Retrieve and Hydro Dash qualifier will be based on the highest score achieved at the event. In both Open & Lap, the Top Finisher for each division will earn invites.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
10:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
11:30 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
01:30 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
08:00 am: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash)
10:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
11:30 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
01:30 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
10:30 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
03:30 pm: Splash #12 (Distance Jump)
Judges for this trial will be: Jason Hyler, Sandra Dannelley, Erin Thompson and Emily Hyler.
We accept cash (preferred) or check for entries. Cards can be used with a 3% fee.
Distance and HD running order will be A-Z Friday/Sunday and Z-A Saturday.
AR will run by starting distance low to high Friday and high to low on Sunday.
Our facility provides free waters, $1 ice cream and popsicles and we do our best to arrange either a food truck or serve lunches. We will send out all details in emails the week of the trial.
For inquiries on full splashes or entering after the pre-registration deadline please email firstname.lastname@example.org or text Emily @ 832-588-7016
Our facility is located directly on FM 359, just south of the intersection with Neiman Rd (Some GPS programs will try to take you to the wrong location- entering "Houston Dive Dogs" into google maps is the safest bet).