- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 06/15/2021 at midnight (CST).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $25.00 (CAD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $30.00 (CAD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
NADD/AKC Regionals Qualifier
- In order to qualify, each dog must have a minimum of three splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of the top three jumps from the event for each dog. Only the top 3 dogs in each division will receive an automatic invite to the Regionals.
- Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
- The Air Retrieve qualifier will be based on the highest score achieved at the event. In both Open & Lap, the Top Finisher for each division will earn invites.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
09:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
10:30 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash)
02:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
03:30 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
10:30 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
01:30 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
10:30 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #302 (Hydro Dash)
01:30 pm: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
Join us for the first competition of the season! PLEASE WATCH THIS EVENT DESCRIPTION FOR UPDATES WITH REGARDS TO ANy COVID RESTRICTIONS/REGULATIONS THAT MAY BE IN PLACE.
This event is held on private property - Gates open at 7:30 am and close at 10pm. On-Site camping is AVAILABLE for this event by preregistration only - limited spots, email to reserve. $10 per night. EMAIL email@example.com after entering the event to reserve your camping spot. Help keep our neighbors happy by controlling barking between splashes.
We have plenty of space poolside for shade tents and crating. You will need to provide your own shade.
**** If Regulations allow, we may offer a BBQ lunch for sale. This will be updated closer to the event. ****
Ribbons for each qualifying jump, top 3 placements per division for each splash, and Rosettes for each title earned. High In Trial Awards will be offered for the dog with the best 5 combined qualifying Distance scores in each of the Open and Lap Dog Classes. Ribbons are 'self serve' available for pickup at the admin desk shortly after each splash.
- for Distance & HD events- Alphabetical A-Z on Friday/ Saturday (by dog name), Z-A on Sunday (note that handlers with multiple dogs will be allowed some separation for efficiency!)
- for Air Retrieve event- Starting order will be longest to shortest starting distance, with dogs belonging to the same handler separated.
- Poop Pick up is a must and dogs must not use pool or agility areas to eliminate. Anything man-made may not be used for peeing (including the dock supports!)
- No Dog to Dog contact is permitted for safety reasons. Dogs must stay on leash except on the dock or enclosed agility area. Keep a 2 leash length distance between dogs (and people!) at all times.
- Please drive slowly while entering the property. Speed bumps exist!
- 10 acres surrounding the pool and camping areas are available for leash walking competing dogs. Please do not allow your dog to harrass (bark or lunge at) neighboring livestock.
- Please control barking between splashes.
- Special precautions are in place to prevent the spread of COVID or any other contagious illness. You will be attending at your own risk and agree to abide by any site regulations set forth for sanitation at this event. ALL PEOPLE in attendance will be required to sign our 2020 liability waiver upon arrival.
- Spectators from the general public are not permitted at this event to limit numbers.
- Social distancing measures will be in place. Shade tents will be appropriately spaced at the event to provide ample room - please follow spacing directions/markers when setting up.
- You will be required to stay 6 feet or more away from anyone who is not a household member. This will be strictly enforced and violators will be excused from the trial without a refund.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at key locations. Use it as directed. Feel free to bring your own for personal use.
- We reserve the right to provide additional rules and updates in order to comply with all government regulations and to keep our staff and competitors safe. Please understand the spirit of these rules is for YOUR benefit and are what allow us to host a trial in these trying times. We cannot have these events without full cooperation of all in attendance.
Eromit AIRcademy COVID-19 Risk Reduction Plan
• All Registrations for events, lessons and practice sessions must be done in advance via
online sign up.
• All payments are to be done electronically in advance. If this is not an option for you, please
contact us ahead of time to find an alternative.
• Waivers submitted electronically prior to arrival
• Everyone in attendance will be accounted for with waiver on file.
Event Check-in & Ribbons
• Check-in electronically in advance.
• Ribbons will be labelled by an administrator or volunteer wearing gloves and can be picked
up at the end of each day. Note that official scores will not be logged into the system until the end of each day to reduce administration activities on site.
• Shade tenting can be set up along the pool field fenceline. Tents may only be shared by
members of the same household. Set up in designated areas that will be spaced at least 6 feet apart. Competitors may also choose to crate out of their vehicle and should be prepared to provide shade as parking is in full sun.
• Physical distancing of at least 6 feet between non-household members must be maintained
at all times
• Teams waiting in line to jump will have space-measured, designated wait areas to ensure that
distancing is met (shade tent or hula hoop placed to show specific waiting area).
• Competitors wishing to watch may bring their own lawn chairs and set up in the spectating
gallery at least 6 feet apart. There will be no picnic area to prevent gathering.
• Sanitizing stations are set up at the entrance and exit to the dock, at the entrance and exit to
the agility field
• Hand washing/sanitizing stations are located next to each porta potty
• Competitors/students are encouraged to bring their own sanitizer for extra use.
• Common touch points on the dock, gates, and portapotties will be sanitized after each
• Spectators are not permitted. Only competing handlers and immediate family members may
be on site during an event. Only registered handlers and immediate family members may attend classes and practices.
• Must be pre-registered to confirm a camping spot. Camping is for dry, self contained units
(no power or water hookups) so campers must be prepared to maintain their own sanitation. Full service camping including showers is available at the Ten Mile Lake campground, just 5 minute away for those that require more service. Reservations are recommended.
• No BBQ or lunch/drink sales will be provided on site. Competitors and clients should plan to
bring their own lunch, drinking water and snacks.
Directions - note that not all electronic maps have us mapped correctly- use these directions to confirm you are in the right place!
We are located at 4131 Schemenaur Road.
Coming from Quesnel BC, turn right onto Highway 26 (towards Barkerville). Proceed for 6 km and then turn left onto Schemenaur Road. We are 2 kms down on the left (immediately after the railway tracks- watch for signage).
Coming from the north/Prince George- Schemenaur Road is on the left approximately 2 km after you cross the Cottonwood River Bridge. Proceed for 7 km - we are on the right, immediately before the railway tracks (watch for signage)