This event is now completed.
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 05/19/2020 at midnight (CST).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
05:00 pm: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
06:00 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
07:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve) - Friday AR will run from lowest starting distance to highest starting distance. There is the potential that this splash may conclude under the lights if we run out of daylight.
09:00 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
10:30 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
12:30 pm: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve) - Saturday AR will run from highest to lowest starting distance.
09:00 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
10:30 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
12:30 pm: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #103 (Air Retrieve) - Sunday AR will be run from lowest to highest starting distance.
09:00 am: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
10:30 am: Splash #12 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #104 (Air Retrieve) - Monday AR will be run from highest to lowest starting distance.
HDD May 2020 Covid-19 Event Plan
Each day with have 3 separate jump groups:
Friday- 12-2, 2-4, 4-6
Saturday/Sunday: 9-11:30, 11:30-2, 2-4:30
Monday: 9-11, 11-1, 1-3
Each group will complete all distance splashes and then AR for any dogs entered in AR.
Jump groups will be established once the event has closed for pre-registration.
No on-site registration will be available without prior approval. A wait list will be started for full splashes and you can get on the waitlist by emailing us with your name, your dog's name, NADD #, and desired splashes to email@example.com
All check in will be done at vehicle by HDD staff in mask/gloves.
Running orders for each jump group will be pre-posted and emailed.
Large white board by dock will show the running order number of dog currently on the dock so handlers can follow along with the running order.
Hand sanitizer will be available at bottom of both up and down ramp.
The dock surface will be disinfected regularly throughout the day.
Sink will be available for hand washing outside of the restroom
Handlers must request ribbons at check in. Ribbons will be written at the end of the splash by an HDD worker in mask/gloves. They will be sealed in ziplock bags and delivered to vehicles.
No one outside of staff will be allowed in judging area/tent. This will be strictly enforced.
HDD staff will not hold or throw for any dogs outside of HDD staff dogs.
No outside spectators will be allowed on the property.
Poolside video-ing/taking pictures will be allowed as long as social distancing is maintained. This will be revoked if social distancing is not maintained.
No lunch/ice creams at this event
These 2 waivers must both be filled out by anyone who will be at the event (handler or holder). You can fill them out at this link st any point before the event: