- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 08/04/2020 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $25.00 (CAD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $30.00 (CAD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Independent Event Finals
- This event will have an independent Facility Finals. The finals will not count towards NADD jumps (averages, rankings, etc).
- Each facility will determine how many dogs will make the Finals and the awards to be given, if any.
- At least 3 jumps are required to participate in independent event finals.
02:00 pm: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
03:30 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
06:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve) -
09:00 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
10:30 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump) - Distance splashes will begin immediately at the conclusion of the previous splash.
12:00 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash) - HD will begin immediately after the conclusion of the previous splash.
01:30 pm: Splash #5 (Distance Jump) - Distance splashes will begin immediately after the conclusion of the previous splash.
09:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
10:30 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump) - Distance splashes will begin immediately after the conclusion of the previous splash.
12:00 pm: Splash #302 (Hydro Dash) - HD will begin immediately after the conclusion of the previous splash.
Free open dock and tent setup is open for registered competitors from 11-1pm on Friday, August 7th.
This event is held on private property - Gates open at 7:30 am and close at 10pm. Dry camping (no hookup) is available onsite for registered competitors for $10 per night for Friday/Saturday/Sunday of event weekends. Camping fees are donated to our Smiling Blue Skies Cancer Fund fundraiser. Help keep our neighbours happy by controlling barking during non-competing hours. There is plenty of space poolside for shade tents and crating.
BBQ Lunch will be available for sale on Saturday and Sunday.
Ribbons for each qualifying jump, top 3 placements per division for each splash, and Rosettes for each title earned. Special awards and trophies are provided for division winners in the indiviudual events based on overall scoring or finals as applicable, and the Western Cup Challenge trophy will go to the overall, cumulative score winner! (see below for details)
- for Distance & HD events- Alphabetical A-Z on Saturday (by dog name), Z-A on Sunday (note that handlers with multiple dogs will be allowed some separation for efficiency!)
- for Air Retrieve event- Starting order will be longest to shortest starting distance.
- Non-NADD events will have jump orders determined by sign up order.
- Poop Pick up is a must and dogs must not use pool or agility areas to eliminate. Anything man-made may not be used for peeing (including the dock supports!)
- No Dog to Dog contact is permitted for safety reasons. Dogs must stay on leash except on the dock or designated off leash areas which are securely fenced.
- Please drive slowly while entering the property. Speed bumps exist!
- 10 acres surrounding the pool and camping areas are available for leash walking competing dogs. Please do not allow your dog to harrass (bark or lunge at) neighboring livestock.
Please control barking during non-competition hours.
Directions - note that not all electronic maps have us mapped correctly:
We are located at 4131 Schemenaur Road.
Coming from Quesnel BC, turn right onto Highway 26 (towards Barkerville). Proceed for 6 km and then turn left onto Schemenaur Road. We are 2 kms down on the left (immediately after the railway tracks- watch for signage).
Coming from the north/Prince George- Schemenaur Road is on the left approximately 2 km after you cross the Cottonwood River Bridge. Proceed for 7 km - we are on the right, immediately before the railway tracks.
Western Cup Challenge SCHEDULE
Friday, August 7th:
10 am - site opens for tent set up/camping.
11-1 open dock practice (hydrodash and air retrieve practice available as well as distance and fast fetch) -free for registered competitors. Ask for assistance with specialty event practice at the registration desk.
11 am Check in and Registration
2pm: Distance Splash 1
3:30 - Distance Splash 2
4:30 - Fast Fetch Fetch (non-sanctioned Fun event/fundraiser)
6 pm Air Retrieve
Saturday August 8th** note that the start time of the first splash each day is SET- but the subsequent splashes may get moved up and times for splash are approximate. Plan to arrive well in advance of your scheduled start time to avoid disappointment).
9 am - Distance Splash 3
10:30 - Distance Splash 4
12:00 - Hydro Dash 1
1:30 Distance Splash 5
4 pm -FREE educational seminar (topic TBD)
6 00pm ish Potluck Dinner (‘or maybe a group takeout order?) social to follow.
Sunday, August 9th
9 am: Distance Splash 6
10:30 - Distance Splash 7
12:00 Hydrodash 2
*** Distance Finals will begin asap after the conclusion of Hydrodash**
Awards Ceremony to Follow Distance Finals.
For a complete listing of Western Cup Challenge details, including individual event demo videos and scoring, please visit our webpage HERE
The Western Cup Challenge is the MOST FUN you can have at a dock diving trial. Go for the glory in individual events, go big for the giant overall trophy, and have a great time with our amazing team of staff and competitors! All kinds of prizes and sponsor goodies will be on hand. Click above for complete details including info on the Non-NADD sanctioned fun event, overall scoring, and more!