- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 08/06/2019 at midnight.
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $25.00 (CAD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $30.00 (CAD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Independent Event Finals
- This event will have an independent Facility Finals. The finals will not count towards NADD jumps (averages, rankings, etc).
- Each facility will determine how many dogs will make the Finals and the awards to be given, if any.
- At least 3 jumps are required to participate in independent event finals.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
04:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump) - Splash 2 will begin immediately after Splash 1 finishes.
01:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump) - *Splash 3 will start as soon as Splash 2 finishes*
03:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump) - *Splash 4 will start as soon as Splash 3 finishes*
09:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump) - *Splash 6 will begin immediately after Splash 5 finishes*
01:00 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump) - *Splash 7 will begin immediately after Splash 6 finishes *
03:00 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump) - *Splash 8 will begin immediately after Splash 7 finishes - Finals to follow*
Come one, come all, to our biggest event of the year!
Friday's schedule will boast a day full of fun unofficial events which will count towards "Western Cup Challenge" standings. Watch this page for details of each game. We'll wrap up the day with Air Retrieve.
Saturday will see 4 Distance splashes that run one after another (note that other than the first splash of the day, start times on the entry page are approximate - we run one splash after the other and are often ahead of schedule so please arrive early!) Saturday afternoon, once the official NADD events are complete, we'll have an educational topic session and follow up with a potluck and social!
Friday/Saturday/Sunday - Gates open at 7:30 am and close at 10pm. Dry camping is available onsite for registered competitors for $10 per night for Friday/Saturday/Sunday of event weekends. Please email us to book a camping spot in advance - email@example.com
LAP DOGS- we have a verified measuring judge on site!
BBQ Lunch will be available for sale each day around lunch time.
Ribbons for each qualifying jump, top 3 placements per division for each splash, and Rosettes for each title earned. We also offer a special High In Trial award for the combined best 5 qualifying distance jumps for each of the Open and Lap Dog classes. The Western Cup Challenge Award will be awarded on Sunday after points from all eligible events have been tabulated.
- Poop Pick up is a must and dogs must not use pool or agility areas to eliminate.
- No Dog to Dog contact is permitted for safety reasons. Dogs must stay on leash except on the dock or enclosed agility area.
- Please drive slowly while entering the property.
- 10 acres surrounding the pool and camping areas are available for leash walking competing dogs. Please do not allow your dog to harrass (bark or lunge at) neighboring livestock.
- Camping is available for registered competitors only.
- Please control barking during non-competition hours.
Directions - note that not all GPS units have us mapped correctly:
We are located at 4131 Schemenaur Road. Coming from Quesnel BC, turn right onto Highway 26 (towards Barkerville). Proceed for 6 km and then turn left onto Schemenaur Road. We are 2 kms down on the left (immediately after the railway tracks- watch for signage).
Coming from the north/Prince George- Shemenaur Road is on the left approximately 2 km after you cross the Cottonwood River Bridge. Proceed for 7 km - we are on the right, immediately before the railway tracks (watch for signage).