- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 07/10/2019 at midnight.
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $25.00 (CAD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $30.00 (CAD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
09:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
10:30 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump) - *spash 2 will start immediately after splash 1 finishes*
12:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump) - *Splash 3 will start immediately after Splash 2*
01:30 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump) - *Splash 4 will start immediately after splash 3*
03:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve) - Air Retrieve will begin as soon as possible after Splash 4 concludes.
09:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
10:30 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump) - *Splash 6 will start immediately after Splash 5*
12:00 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump) - *Splash 7 will start immediately after splash 6*
01:30 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump) - *splash 8 will start immediately after splash 7*
03:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve) - Air Retrieve will begin as soon as possible after Splash 8.
Join us for the Eromit AIRcademy Summer Splash!
Schedule notes: Arrive as early as 8 to get set up and check in. You must check in at least 15 minutes prior to the start of your first splash. A handler's meeting will be held immediately before each splash- First splash of the day will begin at 9 am. Subsequent splashes will follow (we take only a short break between splashes, so often run ahead of the posted schedule).
Running order: A-Z on Saturday, Z-A on Sunday. For Air Retrieve, we'll run dogs coming in at 16+ first on Saturday, and on Sunday, the teams with the longest drive home will get to jump first.
Saturday/Sunday - Gates open at 7:30 am and close at 10pm. Dry camping is available onsite for registered competitors for $10 per night for Friday/Saturday/Sunday of event weekends. Camping must be booked in advance - email@example.com
Other accommodations nearby: Ten Mile Lake Provincial park- full service campground just 10 minutes from us. Reservations are recommended. Airport Inn & Campround: (budget motel and RV hookups), Quality Inn Hotel.
LAP DOGS- we have a verified measuring judge on site!
BBQ Lunch will be available for sale each day around lunch time.
Ribbons for each qualifying jump, top 3 placements per division for each splash, and Rosettes for each title earned. We have very cool shiny metallic ribbons for excellent and advanced titles! We also offer a special High In Trial prize for the combined best 5 qualifying distance jumps for each of the Open and Lap Dog classes.
- Poop Pick up is a must and dogs must not use pool or agility areas to eliminate.
- No Dog to Dog contact is permitted for safety reasons. Dogs must stay on leash except on the dock or enclosed agility area.
- Please drive slowly while entering the property.
- 10 acres surrounding the pool and camping areas are available for leash walking competing dogs. Please do not allow your dog to harrass (bark or lunge at) neighboring livestock.
- Camping is available for registered competitors only.
- Please control barking during non-competition hours.
Directions - note that not all GPS units have us mapped correctly:
We are located at 4131 Schemenaur Road. Coming from Quesnel BC, turn right onto Highway 26 (towards Barkerville). Proceed for 6 km and then turn left onto Schemenaur Road. We are 2 kms down on the left (immediately after the railway tracks- watch for signage).
Coming from the north/Prince George- Shemenaur Road is on the left approximately 2 km after you cross the Cottonwood River Bridge. Proceed for 7 km - we are on the right, immediately before the railway tracks (watch for signage).