- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 06/18/2019 at midnight.
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $25.00 (CAD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $30.00 (CAD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
National Championship Qualifier
- In order to qualify, each dog must have a minimum of three splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of all the jumps from the event for each dog. Only the top dog in each division will receive an automatic invite to the National Championships.
- Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
- The Air Retrieve qualifier will be based on the highest score achieved at the event. In both Open & Lap, the Top Finisher for each division will earn invites.
- Hydro Dash will be offered at this event. This splash is in the trial phase, and scores earned at this event will not count toward any official NADD titles.
- Hydro Dash scores will be tracked in the Member Portal and can be viewed during the trial phase, but please be aware that divisions shown during the 2019 season are tentative and will be fine-tuned as more data is collected. After the trial phase is over, all scores will be removed and participants will start fresh with official splash data for the 2020 season.
- Dogs of any age can participate in this type of splash.
05:00 pm: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
06:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve) - ** Will begin at the conclusion of Distance Jump Splash 1 **
09:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
10:30 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump) - **Splash 3 begins at the conclusion of Splash 2**
12:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump) - **Splash 4 begins at the conclusion of Splash 3 **
02:00 pm: Splash #5 (Distance Jump) - **Splash 5 begins at the conclusion of splash 4**
03:30 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve) - **Air Retrieve will start approximately 1/2 an hour after the conclusion of splash 5**
09:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
10:30 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump) - ** Splash 7 will begin at the conclusion of splash 6**
12:00 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump) - **Splash 8 will start immediately at the conclusion of splash 7**
02:00 pm: Splash #9 (Distance Jump) - **splash 9 to start immediately at the conclusion of splash 8 **
Join us for the first competition of the season!
Open dock for registered competitors is available free of charge from noon until 2 pm on Friday.
NON-SANCTIONED EVENTS ON FRIDAY June 21st-
2pm HydroDash Fun Run 1
3 pm HydroDash Fun Run 2
4 pm Fast Fetch (a game of strategy!)
*** Note that all 3 of these events can be played by dogs from either the dock or the ramp! Beginner friendly! Events are not official NADD sanctioned and do not count for titles but placement ribbons will be awarded. $10 entry fee per event **
This event is held on private property - Gates open at 7:30 am and close at 10pm. Dry camping is available onsite for registered competitors for $10 per night for Friday/Saturday/Sunday of event weekends. Help keep our neighbors happy by controlling barking during non-competing hours. Plenty of space poolside for shade tents and crating.
BBQ Lunch will be available for sale on Saturday and Sunday.
Ribbons for each qualifying jump, top 3 placements per division for each splash, and Rosettes for each title earned. High In Trial Awards will be offered for the dog with the best 5 combined qualifying Distance scores in each of the Open and Lap Dog Classes. Ribbons are 'self serve' available for pickup at the admin desk shortly after each splash.
- for Distance events- Alphabetical A-Z on Saturday (by dog name), Z-A on Sunday (note that handlers with multiple dogs will be allowed some separation for efficiency!)
- for Air Retrieve events- Starting order will be longest to shortest starting distance.
- Poop Pick up is a must and dogs must not use pool or agility areas to eliminate. Anything man-made may not be used for peeing (including the dock supports!)
- No Dog to Dog contact is permitted for safety reasons. Dogs must stay on leash except on the dock or enclosed agility area.
- Please drive slowly while entering the property. Speed bumps exist!
- 10 acres surrounding the pool and camping areas are available for leash walking competing dogs. Please do not allow your dog to harrass (bark or lunge at) neighboring livestock.
- Camping is available for registered competitors only.
Please control barking during non-competition hours.
Directions - note that not all electronic maps have us mapped correctly:
We are located at 4131 Schemenaur Road.
Coming from Quesnel BC, turn right onto Highway 26 (towards Barkerville). Proceed for 6 km and then turn left onto Schemenaur Road. We are 2 kms down on the left (immediately after the railway tracks- watch for signage).
Coming from the north/Prince George- Schemenaur Road is on the left approximately 2 km after you cross the Cottonwood River Bridge. Proceed for 7 km - we are on the right, immediately before the railway tracks (watch for signage).