Eromit AIRcademy presents The Western Cup Challenge (CANADA)
August 10, 2018 - August 12, 2018 (Friday - Sunday)
This event is now completed.
- Online registration closes 08/08/2018 at midnight.
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $25.00 (CAD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $30.00 (CAD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 40 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 10 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Independent Event Finals
- This event will have an independent Facility Finals. The finals will not count towards NADD jumps (averages, rankings, etc).
- Each facility will determine how many dogs will make the Finals and the awards to be given, if any.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
09:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump) - *Spash 2 will begin immediately at the conclusion of Splash 1.
01:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump) - Splash 3 to begin immediately at the conclusion of Splash 2.
03:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump) - Splash 4 will begin immediately after Splash 3.
05:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
10:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #6 (Distance Jump) - Splash 6 to begin immediately at conclusion of Splash 5
02:00 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump) - Splash 7 to begin immediately at conclusion of Splash 6. Finals to Follow after Splash 7.
We expect this to be the BIGGEST dock diving event in Western Canada for the 2018 season!
FRIDAY 10 am -1pm- Training session- Beginner or advanced dogs welcome, please pre-register by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a spot.
Friday 3 -5 pm & 6-8pm - "Drop In" style competitions in Timed Retrieve & Fast Fetch. Show up during one of these time slots to enter and compete. These two events are not sanctioned by NADD so don't count towards rankings or titles BUT will count towards Western Cup Champion points and placement ribbons & trophies will be awarded for each division.
Timed Retrieve -brief overview- dogs starting just behind 20 foot mark on the dock to race towards bumper suspended at the end of the pool. The time starts when the dog crosses the 5 foot mark on the dock and ends when they reach the 8 foot mark on the return to the ramp.
Fast Fetch - brief overview- dogs have 60 seconds to make 3 retrieves from either the dock or ramp or a combination. The 3 retrieves must add up to at least 60 feet (with the distance marked by where the dog grabs the bumper in the water). The dog is not permitted to catch the toy in the air and the time starts from when the first toy hits the water, ends when the dog crosses the 5 foot mark heading towards the ramp with the 3rd toy in their mouth. Some strategy required!
Check in on Saturday between 8-830 am. First Splash starts at 9am, Splash 2 to follow immediately. At noon on Saturday (between splashes 2 and 3) we are hosting a fundraiser event for the Smiling Blue Skies Cancer Fun. Bring cash for a chance at some amazing prizes provided by local sponsors! Splash 3&4 will follow, and Air Retrieve immediately afterwards. A Potluck Dinner is planned for Saturday evening.
Sunday morning - 8:30 am- FREE Canine First Aid Seminar provided by Dr. Bianca Scheidt from Animal Care Hospital. 10 am Splash 5, 6, 7, and then Distance Finals.
*** Special prizes and custom trophies are available from our wonderful sponsors, in addition to the usual NADD qualifying and title ribbon for sanctioned events!***
The Western Cup Champion will be the dog who earns the most points over the 4 weekend events: Timed Retrieve, Fast Fetch, Distance and Air Retrieve. Points will be earned based on how many dogs were defeated in each event, for that division. For example, if there were 10 dogs in the senior division of Air Retrieve, the winner would receive 9 points (defeated nine dogs in their division).
As with all of our trials, we will offer a High In Trial recognition award to the dog with the highest average who over 5 distance splashes.
A concession will be available on site (burgers, hot dogs, etc). Dry camping is also available on site for $10 per night.
All competitors and spectators are required to abide by site rules.
Like and watch our facebook page or contact us for more info! www.facebook.com/eromitk9