- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 04/27/2024 at midnight (CST).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $25.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $30.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in for all pre-registered splashes. Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to three minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00.
09:00 am: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash) - Please check in 30 minutes before SPLASH start time.
11:30 am: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve) - Please check in 30 minutes before SPLASH start time.
09:00 am: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve) - Please check in 30 minutes before SPLASH start time.
11:30 am: Splash #302 (Hydro Dash) - Please check in 30 minutes before SPLASH start time.
Brian and I welcome you to our 2024 SPECIALTY! Brian and I are SUPER excited to have you to our facility!
The judges for this event will be Brian Whitton, Bryan Burns and Elsa V. Moncivais-Whitton.
If you are looking for a pet friendly nearby hotel:
LaQuinta - 201 Buddy Ganem Dr in Portland (361)777-2777; approximately 15-20 minutes away, not bad on traffic.
-We ask that competitors arrive 30 minutes prior to SPLASH start time to check in and warm up - wet their dogs;
-Payment will be accepted at the time of check in.
-There will only be one dog with it’s handler(s) on the dock at a time;
-We (Brian, Elsa, judges, volunteers) will ensure that the next dog and hander do not enter the competition dock until the previous dog and handler have exited the dock;
-At our facility, we are set up with an area for the next dog and handler to wait at a safe distance;
-We will be utilizing our PA system, to ensure competitors are aware of who is on the dock, who is up next, to include the next three dogs;
-We will list the order of each SPLASH on a white board that can be seen from a distance.
-There is plenty of space at our facility to have easy ups set up at a safe distance, to include in-car crating.
-We will have hand sanitizer available throughout the premises, but is recommended competitiors bring their own;
-Our bathroom facility is equipped with soap, hand sanitizer, paper towels, and trash cans for use;
-We will place a trash can outside the bathroom to dispose of the paper towel you may have used to open and close the door;
-The perimeter gates will be left open, to eliminate hands on by all entering or leaving the facility;
-We ask that all competitors pick up after their dogs, we will have poop bags located throughout the grounds;
-We do have trash cans set up throughout the facility.
-We will have regular - set SPLASH start times, see above. The running order for all three days will be A to Z.
Cash and checks are accepted and are the preferred method of payment; there will be a $35 return check fee for any returned checks.
*Depending on exhibitor interest, Saturday after the SPLASHes, Elsa will be conducting evaluations for AKC CGC, CGCA and Trick Titles. If interested, please email Elsa at K9CoastalSports@yahoo.com with your name, dog's(s') names and the type of evaluation you are interested in. The fee is $20 per dog, per evaluation; evaluations will be conducted outside.
Please do not hesitate to call/text if you have any questions (361) 332-2017.