- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 09/28/2023 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $27.00 (CAD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $32.00 (CAD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in for all pre-registered splashes. Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to three minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- This event is an Open Splash event. This is done at Portable Dock trials and other shows that have timing conflicts with other dog events. The time for each splash for the day will be set such as 9am for example for all the splashes. You have between the posted start time and end time (either before AR starts or the end of the last day, usually 3pm) to complete your splashes for the day. When you check in you will be handed “Splash Cards” for each splash that you pay for. When you are ready to jump during the day, hand a splash card to the wrangler to get put into the running order. It is the handler's responsibility to be sure to be present it before their turn to jump. Please be aware that at many events, the running order board fills very quickly and early in the day.
- Please Note: You must pay for all pre registered splashes at time of check-in. Any splashes not paid for will be put back into the event's on-site registration availability list and result in a no-show. If you are registering multiple dogs there will be a no-show for each dog. You are responsible for all pre-registered splashes.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00.
05:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
10:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
12:30 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash)
10:00 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
12:30 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
10:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #12 (Distance Jump)
12:30 pm: Splash #302 (Hydro Dash)
09:30 am: Splash #103 (Air Retrieve)
Pooch Pool School's Jump Start On 2024 Season!
Open to dogs of any breed, any experience level and any distances!
We are an outdoor facility located on beautiful Vancouver Island, BC.
-Please keep your dogs leashed, at least 8ft from other dogs and please clean up after them and use designated potty areas & Pee Trees.
-Parking: Watch for volunteers directing parking areas
-Please CHECK-IN at the office trailer
-A NADD registration is required to enter. Please REGISTER HERE for a NADD# ($35 U.S.)
-Splashes include up to 3 minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to the first jump if you want it to be considered a practice jump.
-This is a JUMP CARD Event. This means each day you can choose when you want to jump your dog. If you have signed up for all four splashes in one day, you can jump your dog all in one splash time or two, whatever works for you if you have other dog events or places to be.
-Each distance jumping Splash allows two judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
-This Event has bookend Specialty Disciplines of Air Retrieve (AR) and Hydro Dash (HD) starting on Thursday evening and ending on Monday (Thanksgiving) morning! Specialty "Try Its" and practice will be available on these bookend days, 75 min before Splash Time.
-You can earn a Diving Dog Title You must have 5 Qualifying Scores within a Division for a Title. NADD Titles are recognized by CKC and AKC recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
Results and Awards
Jump results are available in your NADD Portal.
Qualifying ribbons are awarded for each qualifying jump, and Rosettes for each Title earned.
Ribbons will be available for pick up at the registration desk once the Splash is completed and scores are entered.
Please pick up your ribbon before leaving. Any unclaimed ribbons are not kept after event closes.
-Please read the official NADD rules here before you attend the Trial.
-Try-Its at this Event. Try-Its cost $15 for two Try-It tickets. Tickets can be used on any day of the competition.
Check-in, crate set-up and practice available.
-Please note that if any pre-entries are not paid for on your first day entered, they will be removed from the Splash and sold as day-of-entry price even if you want to pay for them later.
-We will have on-site Registration as long as we have space in our Splashes available, as well as Try-Its as time allows.
-Day of Registration will be allowed each day on the day you wish to jump until there is no space.
-Air Retrieve will have day of spots but we will not have a waitlist once pre-registration fills. All spots are on a first come basis.
Dogs on leash, clean up after them and keep 8 feet apart between unfamiliar dogs.
Most important rule: Please Have Fun With Your Dog!