- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 07/08/2023 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $27.00 (CAD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $32.00 (CAD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in for all pre-registered splashes. Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
Event Contact Info
Contact Email Address: k9Funfamily@gmail.com
Contact Phone: 587-703-2283
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to three minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00.
10:00 am: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
12:00 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash)
10:00 am: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
12:00 pm: Splash #302 (Hydro Dash)
WELCOME to the K9 Fun Centre Game On Games Specialty Event!!!
This is a 2 Day Special Air Retrieve and Hydro Dash Splash with AR and HD Splashes Saturday and Sunday.
- 9:00 Pool Opens, Check in and On Site Registration Opens
- 9:45 Judges Briefing
- 10:00 First Dog on the Dock
This is an outdoor event that is held on private property - gates open at 8:00 am and close at 10 pm.
TRY-ITS AT THIS EVENT
Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $15.00 for two 3 minute turns.
Results and Awards
- Jump results are available in your NADD Portal.
- Qualifying ribbons are awarded for each qualifying jump, and rosettes for each title earned.
- Ribbons will be available for pick-up at the registration desk once the Splash is completed and scores are entered.
It is the responsibility of each registered competitor to pick-up ribbons at event. Unclaimed ribbons are not kept after event closes.
Camping (no hookups) is available Thursday through Monday -event weekends- onsite for registered competitors. Preregistration is required. Email K9funfamily@gmail.com to secure your spot! There is no power or water hookups so campers must be prepared to maintain self-contained sanitation.
Directions *note that not all electronic maps have us mapped correctly*
We are located at 283016 TWNSHP RD 254 MD ROCKYVIEW Calgary AB T1Z 0L9
Use these coordinates to find our location: 51.154959, -113.842950 or use this google link https://goo.gl/maps/TzbkiuiJptwms2Qq8
- Poop Pick up is a must and dogs must not use the pool area to eliminate. Anything man-made may not be used for peeing (including the dock supports).
- No Dog to Dog contact is permitted for safety reasons. Dogs must stay on leash except on the dock and maintain a good distance.
- Please drive slowly while entering the property.
- 25 acres surrounding the pool and camping areas are available for leash walking competing dogs.
- Please control barking during non-competition hours.
- Everyone in attendance will be accounted for with a Facility waiver and NADD waiver kept on file.
- Minimal cash on hand, please be prepared to pay for your splashes at check in or prior to check in via electronic money transfer to K9funfamily@gmail.com prior to arrival.
Shade tenting can be set up along the pool. Set up in designated areas that will be spaced at least 6 feet apart. Competitors may also choose to crate out of their vehicle and should be prepared to provide shade as parking is in full sun.
Spectators are welcome to watch from the gallery on the South side of the dock-must supply own shade and seating, and cheer on the dogs!
MOST IMPORTANTLY ...
Let's have some FUN on the dock!