- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 07/15/2023 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $27.00 (CAD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $32.00 (CAD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in for all pre-registered splashes. Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
Event Contact Info
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 403.348.6564
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to three minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00.
09:00 am: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve) - Must check-in 30 minutes prior. Facility bumpers will be used.
11:00 am: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash) - Must check-in 30 minutes prior. Facility bumpers will be used.
09:00 am: Splash #302 (Hydro Dash) - Must check-in 30 minutes prior. Facility bumpers will be used.
12:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve) - Must check-in 30 minutes prior. Facility bumpers will be used.
Prairie Dog Sports 2023 Air Retrieve and Hydro Dash Specialty
This is a two-day Air Retrieve and Hydro Dash Specialty
9am - Site, Registration, & Pool Open
9:45am - Pool Closed to Practice, Judge's Meeting
10 am - First Dog on The Dock
Saturday Run Order A-Z
Sunday Run Order Z-A
Run orders are posted on-site daily
RESULTS & AWARDS
Jump results are available in your NADD Portal.
Ribbons are presented at the end of each day.
Ribbons are awarded for each qualifying jump, and rosettes for each title earned.
Ribbons will be available for pick-up at the registration desk shorty after each splash. It is the responsibility of each registered competitor to pick-up ribbons at event. Unclaimed ribbons are not kept after event closes.
PREPAYMENT - Per NADD, we can now offer you the option to prepay for your splashes using the following EFT, firstname.lastname@example.org password registration.
Do not arrive prior to site opening.
Pool is open to practice from 9am-9:45am.
Only facility bumpers will be used for Air Retrieve and Hydro Dash.
Check in at registration desk upon arrival or a minimum of 30-minutes prior to registered splash.
Try-it's - Sign-up sheet at registration desk. $15 for two 3-minute turns. Available as time allows between splashes.
This is an outdoor event.
Benching is from your vehicle.
CAMPING - Onsite dry camping is available, $10 per unit, per night. Email email@example.com to register
PHOTOS - Prairie Echo Photography will be onsite to capture your dog's jumps. Pre-orders are requested. Please message Mahalia or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prairie Dog Sports Inc. reserves the right to refuse any person(s) and or dog(s) entry to the facility and events.
Electronic collars/devices are NOT allowed onsite - this includes electronic bark collars.
Prong or pinch collars may be used onsite while walking dog(s) but must be removed prior to entering pool/dock area.
Potty your dog(s) at least 40' away from pool/dock area. Do NOT potty your dog(s) on buildings, vehicles, garbage cans, pylons, or anything not natural.
Follow directional signage and park in approved parking only.
Please respect a minimum of 10' distance between all dogs and handlers.
No nose-to-nose contact with other dogs.
If a dog is handled in an aggressive or inappropriate manner a warning may be issued or the team may be asked to leave without refund.
Pushing or shoving of dog(s) into pool is strictly forbidden.
Treats and/or food are NOT allowed the pool/dock area.
Bitches in season are NOT allowed in pool/dock area.