This event is now completed.
Notice: Undefined index: UID in /var/www/html/NADD/LiveNADD/views/event/info.php on line 379
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 07/27/2023 at midnight (CDT).
- Price per splash for this event is $30.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Payment is required at check-in for all pre-registered splashes. Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
Event Contact Info
Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 715-797-6665
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to three minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- This event is being run by a NADD mobile dock. Info on parking and other event site info can be found on the event description or on our social media page.
- This event is an Open Splash event. This is done at Portable Dock trials and other shows that have timing conflicts with other dog events. The time for each splash for the day will be set such as 9am for example for all the splashes. You have between the posted start time and end time (either before AR starts or the end of the last day, usually 3pm) to complete your splashes for the day. When you check in you will be handed “Splash Cards” for each splash that you pay for. When you are ready to jump during the day, hand a splash card to the wrangler to get put into the running order. It is the handler's responsibility to be sure to be present it before their turn to jump. Please be aware that at many events, the running order board fills very quickly and early in the day.
- Please Note: You must pay for all pre registered splashes at time of check-in. Any splashes not paid for will be put back into the event's on-site registration availability list and result in a no-show. If you are registering multiple dogs there will be a no-show for each dog. You are responsible for all pre-registered splashes.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
NADD Regionals Qualifier
- In order to qualify for Distance Jump, each dog must have a minimum of three DJ splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of the top three jumps from the event for each dog. Only the top 3 dogs in each division will receive an automatic Distance Jump invite to the Regionals.
- Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
- The Air Retrieve and Hydro Dash qualifier will be based on the highest score achieved at the event. In both Open & Lap, the Top 3 Finishers for each division will earn invites.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00.
09:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash)
09:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #12 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #13 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #14 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #15 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #16 (Distance Jump)
Start times may be adjusted based on final splash counts.
Day of entries will be available but limited each day and try it spots will be first come first serve.
We will have a noon option for AR ,HD specialties as well as 5pm on the day they offered. AR will be limited to 10 spots at noon and must be signed up for at check in on the day it is scheduled.
There will be mandatory briefings for each specialty, 30 mins prior to start. Start distance and run order will be determined at that time.
HOW IT WORKS:
- When you arrive and get settled, come check in at the admin table (best without your dog) , under the red Antinol tent, near the dock and pool.
- Share a warm greeting and your dog(s) name and what you need (either checking in or needing to sign up) , then sign your waiver(s).
- You will get a total for your jumps, etc, then pay (cash, check, credit card). ALL splashes must be paid for at check in.
- You will get a splash card for each of the distances purchased. (HD and AR do not get cards).
- Best to head right to the board and let the board boss know when and how you'd like to jump (pick your times and spacing between jumps/dogs). Reminder as a courtesy to your peers please limit two splashes per dog per hour if possible
- Once on the board, keep an eye and an ear out for your turn as it can always shift a little earlier or later than you scheduled. (we tend to run early!) If you miss your turn within 30 mins we can usually get you right in but any longer and you may end up moving to later in the day. Just know we will do everything we can to accommodate your jump needs.
- Boards will fill up fast. If you arrive to find them full in the morning, don't panic, we can usually work you in if you can work with us. Just ask the board person nicely.
Please read before signing up!
- Thank you for understanding our no off-leash policy. (Except when on the dock)
- Please pick up after your dogs. If you don’t follow this rule you will be asked to leave and NO refunds will be given. Disposal of poop should only be in outdoor waste containers AWAY from the tents and dock.
- Please communicate all problems, all concerns, and issues you have with the staff, the facility or any of the handlers and their dogs immediately as they occur, we want to address problems in real time to solve it during the event. There is no way to correct it after the event is over. So please!!! do not hesitate to talk to us! We want you to have the best possible experience at our event.
- The most important rule! Please have fun with your dog!
- Please reach out to Steve Powell at anytime with questions.