- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration begins on 04/27/2023 at 01:00 pm (CDT) and closes 07/06/2023 at midnight (CDT).
- Price per splash for this event is $30.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Payment is required at check-in for all pre-registered splashes. Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
Event Contact Info
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 715-797-6665
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to three minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- This event is being run by a NADD mobile dock. Info on parking and other event site info can be found on the event description or on our social media page.
- This event is an Open Splash event. This is done at Portable Dock trials and other shows that have timing conflicts with other dog events. The time for each splash for the day will be set such as 9am for example for all the splashes. You have between the posted start time and end time (either before AR starts or the end of the last day, usually 3pm) to complete your splashes for the day. When you check in you will be handed “Splash Cards” for each splash that you pay for. When you are ready to jump during the day, hand a splash card to the wrangler to get put into the running order. It is the handler's responsibility to be sure to be present it before their turn to jump. Please be aware that at many events, the running order board fills very quickly and early in the day.
- Please Note: You must pay for all pre registered splashes at time of check-in. Any splashes not paid for will be put back into the event's on-site registration availability list and result in a no-show. If you are registering multiple dogs there will be a no-show for each dog. You are responsible for all pre-registered splashes.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
NADD Regionals Qualifier
- In order to qualify, each dog must have a minimum of three splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of the top three jumps from the event for each dog. Only the top 3 dogs in each division will receive an automatic invite to the Regionals.
- Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
- The Air Retrieve and Hydro Dash qualifier will be based on the highest score achieved at the event. In both Open & Lap, the Top 3 Finishers for each division will earn invites.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
08:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash)
08:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
08:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #12 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #302 (Hydro Dash)
08:00 am: Splash #13 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #14 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #15 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #16 (Distance Jump)
THis event is a qualifier. Top 3 dogs in each divisions will get an invite to Regionals and a placement ribbon sponsored by Blue-9
Thursday - Saturday check-in, practice and run order boards open at 7:00 am. We will only have 30min open for practice in the morning. In addition to the afternoon Hydrodash or AR, we will offer a 1 hr block of time at noon for either HydroDash or AR (depending on what's running that day) Sign up for that block will open each morning and be first come first serve.
** START TIMES MAY CHANGE AFTER CLOSING TO FACILITATE NUMBER OF ENTRIES AND OTHER ONSITE EVENT START TIMES. Notification of start time changes will go out the night before.
Sunday -check-in, and run order boards open at 7:00 am. No practice on Sunday morning. Cards must be turned in no later then 2pm
- Qualifying ribbons will be available after your jumps. Ribbons are all self serve and available at the ribbons table next to the admin tent.
- Once we start splashes in the morning we don't stop. That means if could be running early. (sometimes as much as 45 mins ahead of schedule) So please check back frequently to make sure you know where we are in the run order. We will try to send out updates using the Remind app but it's your responsibility to be at the dock when it's your dogs turn.
- We line up 3-5 dogs at a time and get them ready to go on the dock for their turn: There will be a space marked at the base of the stairs for the next dog on the dock. Please be ready when your dogs name is called. If you miss your turn we will sort you back in the run order but can't guarantee how quickly we can get your splashes back on the board.
This location does have onsite camping. Please reach out to the facility to secure a camping spot.
- All dogs must be leashed when on the premises. (Exception - when on the dock)
- Please pick up after your dogs. If you don’t follow this rule you will be asked to leave and NO refunds will be given. Disposal of poop should only be in the designated waste containers.
- Fully climate controlled restrooms available at the facility.
- Competitors may set up their tents once for the weekend if desired but it's recommended that you drop them and secure them incase of bad weather.
- If you have any concerns while at the event, don’t hesitate to approach one of our staff to discuss it. We want to address problems in real time to solve it during the event. There is no way to correct it if you mention it to us or NADD after the event is over.
So please!!! do not hesitate to talk to us! We want you to have the best possible experience at our event.
- Judges for this event: Steve Powell, Kristin Elmquist,
- The most important rule! Please have fun with your dog!