10573 Colerain Rd
St Marys, GA 31558
- This is an Outdoor Event
// if address is missing ?>
Please click button to display map
- Online registration closes 06/02/2023 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $25.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $30.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in for all pre-registered splashes. Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
Event Contact Info
Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (912) 882-1857
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to three minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Independent Event Finals
- This event will have an independent Facility Finals. The finals will not count towards NADD jumps (averages, rankings, etc).
- Each facility will determine how many dogs will make the Finals and the awards to be given, if any.
- At least 3 jumps are required to participate in independent event finals.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00.
Friday, Jun 9, 2023
08:30 am: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve) - Air Retrieve Friday
10:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
11:30 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
02:30 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
Saturday, Jun 10, 2023
08:30 am: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash) - Hydrodash Saturday
09:30 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
12:30 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
Sunday, Jun 11, 2023
08:30 am: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve) - Air Retrieve Sunday
10:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
11:30 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
- Check-in opens 1 hour before the first splash (to include AR/HD) each day. Distance competitors do not have to check-in before AR/HD, but before their distance splash.
- All splashes will begin promptly after the splash before it, so PLEASE arrive early! If we have less dogs in a splash, it will run faster and the next splash may start earlier than the listed time.
- We always accept day-of entries in all of our splashes up until we reach our max.
- Cash, check, and credit are accepted. If possible, please have exact change when using cash. We also have toys and other items available for purchase.
- This event will be run on a normal schedule at this time, alphabetically by dog name, A-Z. Running order will be posted, but there may be slight changes if owners have multiple dogs close in the running order. Please be ready at the stairs when it is your turn, we will continue on with the next dog if you are not ready and then come back to you. We try to keep our events running smoothly by having the upcoming dog going up the stairs while the prior dog is leaving down the ramp. We want everyone to have fun, so we try to eliminate your waiting time by continually having a dog on the dock.
- Finals will be held after the completion of the final splash on Sunday, time depends on how many dogs are entered in Sunday's splashes. You must have 3 distance splashes over the weekend to qualify for finals. AR and HD placements will be given after the end of those disciplines for the weekend.
- When parking please be mindful of spacing so everyone can get on the field to park. Please place any canopies or tents in front of, or behind your vehicle, not beside it, so more people can park. If all the parking spaces fill along the edges of the field, you are more than welcome to park in a single line down the middle of the field. There is also parking in the paved parking lot in front of the house/building if you would like/need to park there.
- Ribbons are on a table at our admin building. The Qualifying jump ribbons are self-serve, meaning you pick up the ribbons for all of your splashes and write your labels. We enter scores throughout the day, so your splash distances should be on the NADD portal shortly after your splash.
- The boarding kennels are off limits to anyone other than Mugu's staff. Please do not enter the glass doors going into the kennels. Please do not open the chain-link gates on the dog runs. Entry to the bathroom is located between the kennel buildings, please ensure the chain-link gate there is closed when you go in and out.
- We sometimes have vendors available at our events, and your support keeps them coming back. This includes our photographers! If you are interested in vending (limited space) please reach out to Angela Maddux via facebook.
- The Moose Lodge will be selling food and drinks, but we may have additional trucks out when available!
- If travelling I-95N, you will take exit 1 for Saint Mary's Road, keep right at the fork, follow signs for St Mary's Road, after 4.3 miles turn left onto Colerain Road, destination will be on the right.
- If travelling I-95S, take exit 6 toward Laurel Island Pkwy, follow Laurel Island Parkway for 4.1 miles then turn onto Colerain Road, destination will be on the left.
- Exit 3 can also be used to get to our facility- it is where most of the food and hotels are located.