- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration begins on 04/21/2023 at 01:00 pm (CDT) and closes 06/30/2023 at midnight (CDT).
- Price per splash for this event is $30.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Payment is required at check-in for all pre-registered splashes. Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
Event Contact Info
Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 616-570-2896
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to three minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- This event is being run by a NADD mobile dock. Info on parking and other event site info can be found on the event description or on our social media page.
- This event is an Open Splash event. This is done at Portable Dock trials and other shows that have timing conflicts with other dog events. The time for each splash for the day will be set such as 9am for example for all the splashes. You have between the posted start time and end time (either before AR starts or the end of the last day, usually 3pm) to complete your splashes for the day. When you check in you will be handed “Splash Cards” for each splash that you pay for. When you are ready to jump during the day, hand a splash card to the wrangler to get put into the running order. It is the handler's responsibility to be sure to be present it before their turn to jump. Please be aware that at many events, the running order board fills very quickly and early in the day.
- Please Note: You must pay for all pre registered splashes at time of check-in. Any splashes not paid for will be put back into the event's on-site registration availability list and result in a no-show. If you are registering multiple dogs there will be a no-show for each dog. You are responsible for all pre-registered splashes.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
NADD Regionals Qualifier
- In order to qualify, each dog must have a minimum of three splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of the top three jumps from the event for each dog. Only the top 3 dogs in each division will receive an automatic invite to the Regionals.
- Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
- The Air Retrieve and Hydro Dash qualifier will be based on the highest score achieved at the event. In both Open & Lap, the Top 3 Finishers for each division will earn invites.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
09:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash)
09:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #12 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #302 (Hydro Dash)
There are no set splash times for this event with the exception of AR and HD. We will have a run order board with jump time optiond for DJ.
- After checking in and picking up your jump cards, please turn in your cards when you're ready to get in line for your jumps. You must be on the list to complete your jumps at least 2 hrs prior to the end of distance jumping for the day.
- Try it and practice dogs will be added in where time allows. Preference will be given to dogs with jump cards.
- All jumps must be completed before 3 pm Sunday.
- Dock, pool, and crating space will be located in the parking lot. Please watch our Facebook page for updates regarding how to access this area (https://www.facebook.com/naddgreatlakesdock)
HOTEL & CAMPING INFORMATION
There are several pet friendly hotels in the area.
- Crating space will be available around the dock area. Please watch our Facebook page for up to date details.
- You can leave your crates setup in the designated area. NADD, AKC and the Waukesha Kennel Club are not responsible for lost/stolen/damaged items. Please plan accordingly.
- We're excited to announce our photographer this year will be Rosalyn Russell Photography. Rosalyn has an extensive career in dog sports and has a passion for dog action photography. Visit her Facebook page for examples of all the wonderful photos she has taken. All photo sign up information will be posted to her Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/PuppaRozzie
DAY OF SHOW REGISTRATION
- Day of show registration is currently available. This may change as the weekend moves along.
- Please pre-register if at all possible!
TRY IT DOGS
- We will have try its available. Tickets are $10/dog
- Your dog must be added to the board. Try it spots are limited as preference is given to dogs with jump card
- Looking for dock diving merchandise? Shirts, Mugs, Accessories? Check out: www.dockdiving.org