This event is now completed.
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 05/06/2022 at midnight (CST).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in for all pre-registered splashes. Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
Event Contact Info
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 937-607-8524 ext 6
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- This event is an Open Splash event. This is done at Portable Dock trials and other shows that have timing conflicts with other dog events. The time for each splash for the day will be set such as 9am for example for all the splashes. You have between the posted start time and end time (either before AR starts or the end of the last day, usually 3pm) to complete your splashes for the day. When you check in you will be handed “Splash Cards” for each splash that you pay for. When you are ready to jump during the day, hand a splash card to the wrangler to get put into the running order. It is the handler's responsibility to be sure to be present it before their turn to jump. Please be aware that at many events, the running order board fills very quickly and early in the day.
- Please Note: You must pay for all pre registered splashes at time of check-in. Any splashes not paid for will be put back into the event's on-site registration availability list and result in a no-show. If you are registering multiple dogs there will be a no-show for each dog. You are responsible for all pre-registered splashes.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
10:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
06:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
08:00 am: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
10:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
08:30 am: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash)
10:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #12 (Distance Jump)
This is a Jump card trial. Please take a moment to read the rules regarding jump cards.
OPEN SPLASH EVENT FORMAT (Jump Card): run as follows:
a) No set splash times, as all splashes for that day are run simultaneously. This allows
the competitor to determine their jump time. Each competitor will be given a NADD jump card at registration. They will turn in their card when ready to compete. A competitor can only compete in the number of splashes offered for each day. It is the competitor’s responsibility to allow enough time to jump their dogs during theoffered times each day.
b) It is the responsibility of the competitor to complete all daily jumps on the assigned day of the splashes. Cards must be submitted no later than 2 hours prior to the end of Open Splash time.
the privilege of pre-registration.
A. Each competitor will enter events through the NADD portal. Event registration will open 10 weeks prior to the events start date.
Online preregistration will close at 12am on the 14th day before an event begins. You may not remove splashes or withdraw once the event has closed.
Each dog MAY NOT be preregistered for more than ONE event on any given day.
Each dog MAY NOT be entered in more than 12 Distance splashes in one weekend of
competition, across multiple events.
Any pre-registered dog that is not withdrawn prior to the deadline and does not show, will
receive a no-show. Each dog not withdrawn will be counted as a no-show.
As NADD does not charge at the point of pre-registration, competitors are responsible for
removing their dog from events if they are unable to attend.
There is no penalty until a handler earns 3 NO-SHOWS. Upon 3 no-shows, they will lose
a) If a competitor drops splashes after the closing date or at check-in, that will incur a no-show.
b) Splashes can be exchanged (i.e., exchanging splash #1 for splash #2) without incurring a no-show.
c) A competitor can choose to pay for all the splashes they entered and scratch without incurring a no-show.
d) For injured or in season dogs, to request that a no-show be removed, the owner must submit a veterinarian’s note to the event organizer no later than 2 weeks after the event. The veterinarian’s note applies only to the dog referenced, not for all dogs entered by a competitor.
e) For an ill or injured competitor requesting to remove a no-show a doctor’s note is required. The doctor’s note must be submitted to the event organizer no later than 2 weeks after the event.
f) A competitor may request to have 1 no-show (per year) removed after 1 calendar year. This is done by emailing NADD at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include dogs name, NADD number, Name and Dates of event to be removed.
g) Preregistration is a privilege and abuse could result in the suspension of your privileges.
7. Barring major weather or conflicts, no changes will be made to events within 30 days.
a) Splashes, times, schedule, and specific details related to each trial are listed on the
DDOM will be hosting an UPDog Challenge.
Here is the May updog events
Throw N Go
Throw N Go
4 Way Play