- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 07/01/2022 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in for all pre-registered splashes. Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
NADD Regionals Qualifier
- In order to qualify, each dog must have a minimum of three splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of the top three jumps from the event for each dog. Only the top 3 dogs in each division will receive an automatic invite to the Regionals.
- Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
- The Air Retrieve and Hydro Dash qualifier will be based on the highest score achieved at the event. In both Open & Lap, the Top Finisher for each division will earn invites.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
09:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash)
09:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #12 (Distance Jump)
Registration, Check-In and Payment
- Pre-registration is recommended, but we will accept Day Of entries provided there are spots available. All spots are on a first come basis, as this is the fairest for everyone.
- You can Pre-pay per NADD guidelines, but it is not required. We will accept PayPal, credit card, cash or check at check in.
- Per the updated NADD rules, any splashes dropped after the closing date or at check-in will incur a no-show. Splashes can be exchanged (splash #1 for #2) without penalty. A competitor can choose to pay for all the splashes they entered and scratch without incurring a no-show.
- Check-in starts 1 hour before the first splash each day.
- Splash check-in will close 1/2 hour before each splash begins.
- Be sure to sign all necessary waivers at check in.
Run Orders and Ribbons
- It is your responsibility to read and follow NADD and Run Jump Splash Facility Rules
- Our 21x50 regulation pool will open for practice 1 hour before the first splash each day. Competitor dogs can also “get wet” in our 13x25 pool any time during the day, taking turns with other competitors and Try-It dogs.
- We will have brief handler meetings before each splash. Each handler must attend a meeting before their first splash of the day.
- Running order will run A-Z on Friday, Z-A on Saturday, and A-Z on Sunday.
- You will be responsible to pick up your own Blue qualifying ribbons at a designated station.
- Specialty Ribbons will be available as soon as possible as scores are entered and double checked.
Run Jump Splash has a 13x25 pool available for Try-its.
Try-its cost $10.00 per day (5 minutes on the dock each time).
Basic Facility Rules
- All dogs must be leashed when on the premises (except when on the dock). No flexi/retractable leashes are permitted.
- Please pick up after your dogs and dispose of poop in our outdoor waste containers. If you don't follow this rule you will be asked to leave, and no refunds will be given. Please leave the grounds as you found them!
- Bring your own towels, crates and chairs. You can crate out of your car in designated areas, or bring an EZ-up for setup in our grassy areas.
- Please communicate all problems, concerns or issues you have with the staff, the facility, or any of the handlers and their dogs immediately as they occur. We want to address and solve problems in real time during the trial. There is no way to correct it if you mention it to us or NADD after the event is over.
- Don't hesitate to talk with us! We want you to have the best possible experience at Run Jump Splash!.
- We have one 50 amp and three 30 amp camping spots available (no water or sewer). $25 per night or $10 for electric hook up day parking (if available). Call us to pre-pay/reserve or get on the waiting list. We will refund if you cancel before event pre-registration ends.
- We have unlimited dry camping available for $10 per night. No pre-pay or reservations are required and generators are welcome in specific areas.
3333 State Road 60 E, Mitchell, IN 47446
Pet Friendly Hotels/Airbnb’s
Our Facility is near a ski resort in Paoli and a casino in French Lick. We are currently contacting hotels and Airbnb’s to secure special rates for Run Jump Splash competitors. For now, here’s a small list of known pet-friendly lodging:
Super 8 Ritz Motel & Lodging
Comfort Suites Hawk Hill Cabin
Quality Inn & Suites
French Lick/West Baden Springs
Mitchell Comfort Suites
Spring Mill Inn West Baden Springs Hotel
Follow us on Facebook @K9RunJumpSplash for additional information!