- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 08/12/2022 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $25.00 (CAD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $30.00 (CAD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in for all pre-registered splashes. Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- This event is an Open Splash event. This is done at Portable Dock trials and other shows that have timing conflicts with other dog events. The time for each splash for the day will be set such as 9am for example for all the splashes. You have between the posted start time and end time (either before AR starts or the end of the last day, usually 3pm) to complete your splashes for the day. When you check in you will be handed “Splash Cards” for each splash that you pay for. When you are ready to jump during the day, hand a splash card to the wrangler to get put into the running order. It is the handler's responsibility to be sure to be present it before their turn to jump. Please be aware that at many events, the running order board fills very quickly and early in the day.
- Please Note: You must pay for all pre registered splashes at time of check-in. Any splashes not paid for will be put back into the event's on-site registration availability list and result in a no-show. If you are registering multiple dogs there will be a no-show for each dog. You are responsible for all pre-registered splashes.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
NADD Regionals Qualifier
- In order to qualify, each dog must have a minimum of three splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of the top three jumps from the event for each dog. Only the top 3 dogs in each division will receive an automatic invite to the Regionals.
- Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
- The Air Retrieve and Hydro Dash qualifier will be based on the highest score achieved at the event. In both Open & Lap, the Top 3 Finishers for each division will earn invites.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
10:00 am: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
12:00 pm: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
06:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash)
12:00 pm: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
06:00 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #103 (Air Retrieve)
11:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #12 (Distance Jump)
Pooch Pool School's SunFest Splash is our 2nd event of the season and is also a Western QUALIFIER! Open to dogs of any breed, any experience level and any distances!
This one year new facility is located on beautiful Vancouver Island, BC.
We are an outdoor facility. We will have porta-potties on site, food truck and sponsor vendors.
-Please keep your dogs leashed, at least 8ft from other dogs and please clean up after them and use designated potty areas.
-Parking: Watch for volunteers directing parking areas
-Please CHECK-IN at the office trailer
-A NADD registration is required to enter. Please register here on the NADD site
-Splashes include up to 4 minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to the first jump if you want it to be considered a practice jump.
-This is an Open Splash event
-Each distance jumping Splash allows two judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
-You must have 5 Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD Titles are recognized by CKC and AKC recognition programs.
-Please read the official NADD rules here before you attend the Trial.
-Try-Its at this Event. Try-Its cost $15 for two Try-It tickets. Tickets can be used on any day of the competition.
COVID Policy - We will be following all Provincial Health guidelines.
Check-in, crate set-up and practice available.
-Please note that if any pre-entries are not paid for on your first day entered, they will be removed from the Splash and sold as day-of-entry price even if you want to pay for them later.
-We will have on-site Registration as long as we have space in our Splashes available, as well as Try-Its as time allows.
-Day of Registration will be allowed each day on the day you wish to jump until there is no space.
-Air Retrieve will have day of spots but we will not have a waitlist once pre-registration fills. All spots are on a first come basis.
Please read the pool rules on: poochpoolschool.ca before signing up.
Dogs on leash, clean up after them and keep 8 feet apart between unfamiliar dogs.
Most important rule: Please Have Fun With Your Dog!!!