This event is now completed.
Notice: Undefined index: UID in /var/www/html/NADD/LiveNADD/views/event/info.php on line 379
- This is an Indoor Event
- Online registration closes 02/03/2022 at midnight (CST).
- Price per splash for this event is $28.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Payment is required at check-in for all pre-registered splashes. Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
Event Contact Info
Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 616-570-2896
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to three minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- This event is being run by a NADD mobile dock. Info on parking and other event site info can be found on the event description or on our social media page.
- This event is an Open Splash event. This is done at Portable Dock trials and other shows that have timing conflicts with other dog events. The time for each splash for the day will be set such as 9am for example for all the splashes. You have between the posted start time and end time (either before AR starts or the end of the last day, usually 3pm) to complete your splashes for the day. When you check in you will be handed “Splash Cards” for each splash that you pay for. When you are ready to jump during the day, hand a splash card to the wrangler to get put into the running order. It is the handler's responsibility to be sure to be present it before their turn to jump. Please be aware that at many events, the running order board fills very quickly and early in the day.
- Please Note: You must pay for all pre registered splashes at time of check-in. Any splashes not paid for will be put back into the event's on-site registration availability list and result in a no-show. If you are registering multiple dogs there will be a no-show for each dog. You are responsible for all pre-registered splashes.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
NADD Regionals Qualifier
- In order to qualify, each dog must have a minimum of three splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of the top three jumps from the event for each dog. Only the top 3 dogs in each division will receive an automatic invite to the Regionals.
- Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
- The Air Retrieve and Hydro Dash qualifier will be based on the highest score achieved at the event. In both Open & Lap, the Top 3 Finishers for each division will earn invites.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00.
09:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash)
09:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #12 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #13 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #14 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #15 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #302 (Hydro Dash)
- There is no set splash times for this event. We will have a run order board.
- After checking in and picking up your jump cards, please turn in your cards when you're ready to get in line for your jumps. You must be on the list to complete your jumps at least 2 hrs prior to the end of distance jumping for the day.
- Try it and practice dogs will be added in where time allows. Preference will be given to dogs with jump cards.
- This event is located inside the Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi, MI.
There are several pet friendly hotel options in the area. The show also has a group rate with the Doubletree Hilton. (http://www.themichiganwinterdogclassic.com/index.htm) Please contact the show for more information.
Dog friendly options in the area:
27000 Providence Parkway
Novi, MI 48374
Pet Fee - $75
Resident Inn Detroit Novi
27477 Cabaret Drive
Novi, MI 48377
Pet Fee - $100
Hyatt Place Detroit/Novi (attached to the event center - usually booked)
46080 Grand River Ave
Novi, MI 48374
Pet Fee - $75
Sonesta Select Detroit Novi
42700 W 11 Mile Rd
Novi, MI 48375
Pet Fee - $75
Sonesta Simply Suites Detroit Novi
42600 11 Mile Rd
Novi, MI 48375
Pet Fee - $75
- All handlers will be required to sign the COVID-19 Waiver. This waiver can be found here (click).
- As determined by the Michigan Winter Dog Classic show committee, we are required to follow the same COVID-19 Protocols as outlined at the AKC Nationals. They can be read in full here. Those protocols are as follows:
- Masks will be required. The mask must be covering your nose and mouth to be worn indoors at all times, regardless of vaccination status, except when actively eating or drinking.
- You must be stationary when eating or drinking.
- Be made with at least two or more layers of washable (if not disposable), breathable fabric and not have valves or vents
- If using a disposable mask it should be changed daily and disposed of properly
- Fully cover the nose and mouth
- Fit snuggly against the sides of your face and not have gaps.
- Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow the attendee to remain hands-free
- If you are using a face shield you must also wear a face mask.
- Please wash your hands frequently. Hand sanitizer will be provided around the admin and dock areas.
- Do not congregate around the admin table or judges.
- Please respect a 6 foot social distance from NADD staff as well as other competitors.
- If you feel sick, are sick, or have been around someone who is sick, please do not attend this event.
- You will need to pay the parking fee to get into the show venue.
ENTRY TO THE SHOW
- Competitors who have preregistered for dock jumping will not have to pay to enter the show. We will provide a list of those who have preregistered to the check in table. Please just provide them with your name and they will let you in.
- If you have not preregistered, you will need to pay to enter the show. Ticket information can be found here.
- They have set aside a designated spot for us to setup crates. As of right now we will not have early entry to setup crates. Please plan on bringing your crates with you when you check in.
- You can leave your crates setup in the designated area. NADD, AKC and the Michigan Winter Dog Classic is not responsible for lost/stolen/damaged items. Please plan accordingly.
- Dogs may not be left in crates overnight.
- No pop up tents inside the venue in the crating area.
DAY OF SHOW REGISTRATION
- Depending on numbers and how the day is going, we may have slots available to add in dogs.
- Please pre-register if at all possible!
TRY IT DOGS
- We will have try its available. Tickets are $10/dog and allow you two turns with up to four minutes on the dock.
- Your dog must be added to the board. Try it spots are limited as preference is given to dogs with jump cards.
- We are hoping to have a photographer available at this show. We will provide details and information here once it has been confirmed.