- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 07/22/2022 at midnight (CDT).
- Price per splash for this event is $28.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Payment is required at check-in for all pre-registered splashes. Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
Event Contact Info
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 616-570-2896
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- This event is being run by a NADD mobile dock. Info on parking and other event site info can be found on the event description or on our social media page.
- This event is an Open Splash event. This is done at Portable Dock trials and other shows that have timing conflicts with other dog events. The time for each splash for the day will be set such as 9am for example for all the splashes. You have between the posted start time and end time (either before AR starts or the end of the last day, usually 3pm) to complete your splashes for the day. When you check in you will be handed “Splash Cards” for each splash that you pay for. When you are ready to jump during the day, hand a splash card to the wrangler to get put into the running order. It is the handler's responsibility to be sure to be present it before their turn to jump. Please be aware that at many events, the running order board fills very quickly and early in the day.
- Please Note: You must pay for all pre registered splashes at time of check-in. Any splashes not paid for will be put back into the event's on-site registration availability list and result in a no-show. If you are registering multiple dogs there will be a no-show for each dog. You are responsible for all pre-registered splashes.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
NADD Regionals Qualifier
- In order to qualify, each dog must have a minimum of three splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of the top three jumps from the event for each dog. Only the top 3 dogs in each division will receive an automatic invite to the Regionals.
- Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
- The Air Retrieve and Hydro Dash qualifier will be based on the highest score achieved at the event. In both Open & Lap, the Top Finisher for each division will earn invites.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
- AS TIME ALLOWS: Each competing dog will get one Try-it ticket per day that they are entered, to use for an extra practice round. The handler must request this ticket at check-in. Each dog will be given three minutes on the dock. If a Try-it or competing dog wishes to have more time, they may purchase additional tickets as timing allows.
05:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash)
09:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #302 (Hydro Dash)
There are no set splash times for this event with the exception of AR and HD. We will have a run order board for DJ.
- After checking in and picking up your jump cards, please turn in your cards when you're ready to get in line for your jumps. You must be on the list to complete your jumps at least 2 hrs prior to the end of distance jumping for the day.
- Try it and practice dogs will be added in where time allows. Preference will be given to dogs with jump cards.
Waukesha County Exposition Center
1000 Northview Rd
Waukesha, WI 53188
- Dock, pool, and crating space will be located in the parking lot. Please watch our Facebook page for updates regarding how to access this area (https://www.facebook.com/naddgreatlakesdock)
HOTEL & CAMPING INFORMATION
There are several pet friendly hotels in the area.
Baymont Inn & Suites
2111 E Moreland Blvd
Waukesha, WI 53186
$10/dog/night (under 100 pounds)
Best Western Waukesha Grand
2840 E Grandview Blvd
Pewaukee, WI 53072
Country Inn & Suites
1250 S Moorland Rd
Brookfield, WI 53005
$75 pet fee
Extended Stay America
325 N Brookfield Rd
Brookfield, WI 53045
$25/day - 2 dog max.
La Quinta Inn Brookfield
20391 W Bluemound Rd
Brookfield, WI 53045
No fee - 2 dog max
Reserve camping via the kennel club. Please find the registration form here (https://wkcsummersplash.com/)
- All handlers will be required to sign the COVID-19 Waiver. This waiver can be found here (click).
- Please wash your hands frequently. Hand sanitizer will be provided around the admin and dock areas.
- Do not congregate around the admin table or judges.
- Please respect a 6 foot social distance from NADD staff as well as other competitors.
- If you feel sick, are sick, or have been around someone who is sick, please do not attend this event.
- Parking info to come.
- Crating space will be available around the dock area. Please watch our Facebook page for up to date details.
- You can leave your crates setup in the designated area. NADD, AKC and the Waukesha Kennel Club are not responsible for lost/stolen/damaged items. Please plan accordingly.
DAY OF SHOW REGISTRATION
- Day of show registration is currently available. This may change as the weekend moves along.
- Please pre-register if at all possible!
TRY IT DOGS
- We will have try its available. Tickets are $10/dog and allow you two turns with up to four minutes on the dock.
- Your dog must be added to the board. Try it spots are limited as preference is given to dogs with jump card