- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 07/08/2022 at midnight (CDT).
- Price per splash for this event is $28.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Payment is required at check-in for all pre-registered splashes. Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
Event Contact Info
Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 616-570-2896
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- This event is being run by a NADD mobile dock. Info on parking and other event site info can be found on the event description or on our social media page.
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
NADD Regionals Qualifier
- In order to qualify, each dog must have a minimum of three splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of the top three jumps from the event for each dog. Only the top 3 dogs in each division will receive an automatic invite to the Regionals.
- Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
- The Air Retrieve and Hydro Dash qualifier will be based on the highest score achieved at the event. In both Open & Lap, the Top Finisher for each division will earn invites.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
- AS TIME ALLOWS: Each competing dog will get one Try-it ticket per day that they are entered, to use for an extra practice round. The handler must request this ticket at check-in. Each dog will be given three minutes on the dock. If a Try-it or competing dog wishes to have more time, they may purchase additional tickets as timing allows.
01:00 pm: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
07:00 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash)
12:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
02:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
06:00 pm: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
06:00 pm: Splash #302 (Hydro Dash)
03:00 pm: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #12 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #13 (Distance Jump)
06:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
- There are set splash times for this event. Event schedule is below. This will not be a jump card event.
- This event occurs DURING the Ionia Free Fair. Please note that dogs are not allowed on the midway, so, please plan accordingly if you would like to visit the rest of the fair while you are attending this event.
- Try it and practice dogs will be allowed before the event begins and in between splashes as time allows.
Ionia County Fairgrounds
Ionia, MI 48846
- Dock, pool, and crating space will be located in the infield. Please watch our Facebook page for updates regarding how to access this area (https://www.facebook.com/naddgreatlakesdock)
- All handlers will be required to sign the COVID-19 Waiver. This waiver can be found here (click).
- Please wash your hands frequently. Hand sanitizer will be provided around the admin and dock areas.
- Do not congregate around the admin table or judges.
- Please respect a 6 foot social distance from NADD staff as well as other competitors.
- If you feel sick, are sick, or have been around someone who is sick, please do not attend this event.
- Parking will be free for competitors preregistered with dock diving. More info will be available as we get closer to the event.
- Crating space will be available around the dock area. Please watch our Facebook page for up to date details.
- You can leave your crates setup in the designated area. NADD, AKC and the Ionia Free Fair are not responsible for lost/stolen/damaged items. Please plan accordingly.
DAY OF SHOW REGISTRATION
- Day of show registration is currently available. This may change as the weekend moves along.
- Please pre-register if at all possible!
TRY IT DOGS
- We will have try its available. Tickets are $10/dog and allow you two turns with up to four minutes on the dock.
- Your dog must be added to the board. Try it dogs will only jump as time allows. Please see admin for more info.