- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 08/05/2022 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $25.00 (CAD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $30.00 (CAD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in for all pre-registered splashes. Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
NADD Regionals Qualifier
- In order to qualify, each dog must have a minimum of three splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of the top three jumps from the event for each dog. Only the top 3 dogs in each division will receive an automatic invite to the Regionals.
- Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
- The Air Retrieve and Hydro Dash qualifier will be based on the highest score achieved at the event. In both Open & Lap, the Top Finisher for each division will earn invites.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
09:30 am: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash) - Must check-in 30 minutes prior.
10:30 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump) - Must check-in 30 minutes prior.
12:30 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump) - Must check-in 30 minutes prior.
02:30 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump) - Must check-in 30 minutes prior.
04:30 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump) - Must check-in 30 minutes prior.
08:30 am: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve) - Must check-in 30 minutes prior.
10:30 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump) - Must check-in 30 minutes prior.
12:30 pm: Splash #6 (Distance Jump) - Must check-in 30 minutes prior.
02:30 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump) - Must check-in 30 minutes prior.
04:30 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump) - Must check-in 30 minutes prior.
09:30 am: Splash #302 (Hydro Dash) - Must check-in 30 minutes prior
10:30 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump) - Must check-in 30 minutes prior.
12:30 pm: Splash #10 (Distance Jump) - Must check-in 30 minutes prior.
02:30 pm: Splash #11 (Distance Jump) - Must check-in 30 minutes prior.
04:30 pm: Splash #12 (Distance Jump) - Must check-in 30 minutes prior.
Prairie Dog Sports 2022 Qualifier
This is a 3-day Qualifier Event August 12-14, 2022
Starting with a Game followed by 4 Distance Splashes each day.
FRIDAY & SUNDAY
8:30am - Site, Check-in & Pool Opens
9:15am - Judge's Meeting
9:30am - First Dog On The Dock Hydro Dash
7:30am - Site, Check-in & Pool Opens
8:15am - Judge's Meeting
8:30am - First Dog on The Dock Air Retrieve
Friday Run Order A-Z
Saturday Run Order M-Z, L-A
Sunday Run Order Z-A
Run Orders will be posted on-site
Crating is from your vehicle
This is an outdoor event
PDS will follow any health measures in place at the time of this event.
COVID-19 Information for Albertans
You will be attending this event at your own risk and agree to abide by any site regulations set forth for this event.
We reserve the right to provide additional rules and updates to comply with all government regulation and to keep our staff, volunteers, and competitors safe and healthy. Please understand the spirit of these rules is for YOUR benefit and are what allow us to host an event in this time of COVID-19. We cannot have these events without full cooperation of all in attendance.
Air Retrieve and Hydro Dash - ONLY Facility Bumpers will be used.
Ribbons are awarded for each qualifying jump, and Rosettes for each title earned.
Ribbons will be available for pick-up at the administration desk shortly after each splash. It is the responsibility of each registered competitor to pick up their ribbons at the event.
Jump results are available in your NADD Portal.
PRAIRIE DOG SPORTS INC. reserves the right to refuse any person(s) and or dog(s) entry to the facility and events.
Facility liability waiver, NADD waiver, and NADD COVID-19 Event waiver must be signed at registration before entering the pool/dock area (Links below and can be found on our website www.prairiedogsports.ca).
Follow directional signage and park in approved parking only.
Please respect a minimum 8' distance between all dogs and handlers.
No nose to nose contact with other dogs. You are here to work and engage with your dog(s).
If a dog is handled in an aggressive or inappropriate manner a warning may be issued or the team may be asked to leave without refund(s).
Treats or food are not allowed in the pool/dock area.
Pushing or shoving of dogs into pool is strictly forbidden.
All dogs must be crated safely and securely when not working.
Acceptable crates include those that have a solid frame on all sides once together to keep the dog stationary and contained, i.e. solid crates, soft crates, wire crates. Please ensure the zipper is safety clipped if you are using a soft crate.
Not acceptable crates include those that do not have a solid frame on all sides once together to keep the dog stationary and contained, i.e. x-pens, pop-ups.
Do not walk your dog(s) off leash.
Dogs must be on leash at all times except when in crate or on the dock.
No retractable leashes permitted on the property.
Electronic collars/devices are NOT allowed anywhere onsite - this includes electronic bark collars. Prong or pinch collars may be used on site while walking dog, but the collar must be removed before the dog/handler enters pool/dock area.
Potty your dog at least 40' away from any entrance/exit. Do not potty your dog on the buildings, vehicles, garbage cans, pylons or anything not natural.
You are responsible for picking up after your dog(s). Failure to comply will result in dismissal and/or a one-year ban from the facility and no refund(s) will be issues.
Females in season will NOT be permitted in the pool/dock area.
Please bring your own water, water dish and poop bags for your dog(s).
Please notify staff if your dog eliminates in the pool/dock area for appropriate cleaning and sanitizing.
Please communicate all problems, all concerns, and issues you have with the staff, the facility or any of the handlers and their dogs immediately as they occur, we want to address problems in the real time to solve it during the event. There is no way to correct it if you mention it to us or NADD after the event is over.
Most importantly have fun with your dog!
Food/Beverages and Services:
Water is available on-site. Food may be available for purchase on-site.
Lacombe is 15 minutes away and has full services.
Where to Stay:
$10 per night - On-site dry camping is available to registered participants for this event by preregistration only.
Limited spots email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve.
There are several Provincial Parks (Gull Lake & Sylvan Lake) and multiple private campgrounds with a 30 minutes drive.
Per NADD , we can now offer you the option to pre-pay for your splashes using the following link. (e-transfer email@example.com password registration). Refunds are not permitted after payment is made except for an injured or in season bitch. A letter from your Veterinarian will be required before refunds will be given in these cases.