- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 08/10/2021 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $25.00 (CAD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $30.00 (CAD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
NADD/AKC Regionals Qualifier
- In order to qualify, each dog must have a minimum of three splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of the top three jumps from the event for each dog. Only the top 3 dogs in each division will receive an automatic invite to the Regionals.
- Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
- The Air Retrieve qualifier will be based on the highest score achieved at the event. In both Open & Lap, the Top Finisher for each division will earn invites.
09:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump) - Must check-in 30 minutes prior
10:30 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump) - Must check-in 30 minutes prior
12:30 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve) - Must check-in 30 minutes prior
02:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump) - Must check-in 30 minutes prior
03:30 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump) - Must check-in 30 minutes prior
09:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump) - Mist check-in 30 minutes prior
10:30 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump) - Must check-in 30 minutes prior
12:30 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash) - Must check-in 30 minutes prior
02:00 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump) - Must check-in 30 minutes prior
03:30 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump) - Must check-in 30 minutes prior
09:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump) - Must check-in 30 minutes prior
10:30 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump) - Must check-in 30 minutes prior
12:30 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve) - Must check-in 30 minutes prior
02:00 pm: Splash #11 (Distance Jump) - Must check-in 30 minutes prior
03:30 pm: Splash #12 (Distance Jump) - Must check-in 30 minutes prior
PRAIRIE DOG SPORTS 2021 QUALIFIER
This is your last chance to receive an Invitation for 2021 Regional in Winnipeg, Manitoba
Due to COVID-19
Must pre-register for this event, No onsite registration will be accepted
Crating must be from your vehicle
No spectators, only those jumping or holding dogs - waivers MUST be signed by everyone on premises
THIS IS A 3 DAY QUALIFYING EVENT, August 13, 14 & 15, 2021
Dry-camping is available upon request
This is an outdoor event
NADD, 4 Distance Splashes and 1 Game each day
8-8:45 am - Check-in and Site/Pool Opens for Splashers Only
8:45 am - Judge's Meeting
9 am - Event Starts
Jump results are available in your NADD Portal.
Dry camping on-site is available by request to email@example.com
***COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS WILL BE IN PLACE FOR THIS EVENT*
The event committee will review COVID restrictions in August 2021 to determine restrictions and protocols required for this event. Details will be emailed to registered competitors and posted on our website and Facebook page.
You will be attending this event at your own risk and agree to abide by any site regulations set forth for sanitation at this event.
The use of a non-surgical mask is requested for check-in, please bring your own.
Hand sanitizer will be provided at key locations. Feel free to bring your own for personal use.
Air Retrieve and Hydro Dash - ONLY Facility Bumpers will be used.
We reserve the right to provide additional rules and updates to comply with all government regulation and to keep our staff, volunteers, and competitors safe and healthy. Please understand the spirit of these rules is for YOUR benefit and are what allow us to host an event in this time of COVID-19. We cannot have these events without full cooperation of all in attendance.
Facility liability waiver, NADD waiver, and NADD COVID-19 Event waiver must be signed.
Please follow directional signage and park in approved parking only.
Judges: Michelle Eadie, Melissa Forsythe, Stacy Gheseger, Tania Malterer, Charlene Schermers
Ribbons are awarded for each qualifying jump, and Rosettes for each title earned.
Ribbons will be available for pick-up at the administration desk shortly after each splash. It is the responsibility of each registered competitor to pick up their ribbons at the event.
PRAIRIE DOG SPORTS INC. reserves the right to refuse any person(s) and or dog(s) entry to the facility and events.
Facility liability waiver, NADD waiver, and NADD COVID-19 Event waiver must be signed at registration before entering the pool/dock area.
Please respect a minimum 6' distance between all dogs and handlers.
No nose to nose contact with other dogs. You are here to work and engage with your dog(s).
If a dog is handled in an aggressive or inappropriate manner a warning may be issued or the team may be asked to leave without refund(s).
Treats or food are not allowed in the pool/dock area.
Pushing or shoving of dogs into pool is strictly forbidden.
All dogs must be crated safely and securely when not working.
Acceptable crates include those that have a solid frame on all sides once together to keep the dog stationary and contained, i.e. solid crates, soft crates, wire crates. Please ensure the zipper is safety clipped if you are using a soft crate.
Not acceptable crates include those that do not have a solid frame on all sides once together to keep the dog stationary and contained, i.e. x-pens, pop-ups.
Please show courtesy to all participants. Manage loud or disruptive dogs. Treat every dog as if they are reactive or spatially challenged. Remain aware of what your dog is doing at all times. Every dog and participant deserve to have a pleasant experience.
Do not walk your dog(s) off leash.
Dogs must be on leash at all times except when in crate or on the dock.
No retractable leashes permitted on the property.
Approved collars include flat snap or buckle collars of solid construction and leather or nylon leads. Limited slip martingale collars are allowed. Single piece slip collars/leads are allowed. Harnesses are allowed.
Electronic collars/devices are NOT allowed anywhere onsite - this includes electronic bark collars. Prong or pinch collars may be used on site while walking dog, but the collar must be removed before the dog/handler enters pool/dock area.
Potty your dog at least 40' away from any entrance/exit. Do not potty your dog on the buildings, vehicles, garbage cans, pylons or anything not natural.
You are responsible for picking up after your dog(s). Failure to comply will result in dismissal and/or a one-year ban from the facility and no refund(s) will be issues.
Females in season will NOT be permitted in the pool/dock area.
Please bring your own water, water dish and poop bags for your dog(s).
Please notify staff if your dog eliminates in the pool/dock area for appropriate cleaning and sanitizing.
Please communicate all problems, all concerns, and issues you have with the staff, the facility or any of the handlers and their dogs immediately as they occur, we want to address problems in the real time to solve it during the event. There is no way to correct it if you mention it to us or NADD after the event is over.
Most importantly be happy and have fun with your dog!
Food/Beverages and Services
Depending on COVID restrictions food maybe available on-site, watch for details closer to event.
Where to Stay:
Overnight parking of self-contained units is available to registered participants.