- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 04/28/2021 at midnight (CST).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
Event Contact Info
Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 9563835982
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
08:00 am: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve) - Check in 30 minutes prior to splash.
09:30 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
12:30 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash) - Check in 30 minutes prior to splash.
09:30 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
12:30 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
*Checks/cash accepted for registration fees. Please note there is a $35 return check fee. We are able to accept credit cards, however, there will be a convenience charge of 3%.
*If splashes fill, waitlist recipients can email Jenisa at email@example.com or call 956-383-K9TC (5982)
Parking: We have tons of open space for pop up tents and vehicles behind the pool. You can leave your set up throughout the weekend as it is fenced. (The winds can get pretty high so bring weights for your tent.)
Address: 4501 Rio Grande Care Road, Edinburg, TX, 78541 (GPS should bring you right to us!)
Judges: Marty Vielma, Jenisa Myers
*La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham is dog friendly and easy to get to.
We are SUPER excited to have you! Please do not hesitate to call or text if you have ANY questions!
COVID-19 PLAN: We will run the event as normal as possible, with the following adjustments:
-COVID-19 and NADD waivers will be sent out via email to all preregistered competitors via the NADD portal;
-We request that each competitor that will be on our dock to please complete, sign, and return electronically the waivers to our facility email firstname.lastname@example.org or bring the forms with you to be turned in upon check in;
-In the event you do not have access to a printer, we will have copies of the waivers on hand to be completed and signed;
-We ask that competitors arrive 30 minutes prior to SPLASH start time to check in and warm up their dogs;
-Please let us know at check in - if you would like your qualifying jump ribbons;
-Payment will be accepted at the time of check in, by someone using hand sanitizer before and after each transaction.
NADD EVENT WAIVERS:
-There will only be one dog with it’s handler(s) on the dock at a time;
-We will ensure that the next dog and hander do not enter the competition dock until the previous dog and handler have exited the dock;
-At our facility, we are set up with an area for the next dog and handler to wait at a safe distance and require that you use the provided hand sanitizer as you enter the dock;
-We will be utilizing our PA system, to ensure competitors are aware of who is on the dock, who is up next, to include the next three dogs;
-We will list the order of each SPLASH on a white board that can be seen from a distance;
-We will be sanitizing the dock regularly;
-All competitors will be required to use the provided hand sanitizer before entering the dock.
-There is plenty of space at our facility to have easy ups set up at a safe distance, to include in-car crating.
-There will be hand sanitizer and gloves available for all staff and volunteers;
-We will have hand sanitizer available throughout the premises, but is recommended competitors bring their own;
-Our bathroom facility is equipped with soap, and trash cans for use;
-We will place a trash can outside the bathroom to dispose of the paper towel you may have used to open and close the door;
-The perimeter gates will be left open, to eliminate hands on by all entering or leaving the facility;
-We ask that all competitors pick up after their dogs, we will have poop bags located throughout the grounds;
-We do have trash cans set up throughout the facility.
-All competitors are only required to wear a mask if there is any area where you cannot stand 6ft apart.
-There will be no lunch provided during Saturday or Sunday events. There are many local and fast food restaurants near the facility to grab a quick bite to eat.
-We will have regular - set SPLASH start times!