- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 05/18/2021 at midnight (CST).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
12:00 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
10:00 pm: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #103 (Air Retrieve)
11:00 pm: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
Senior Judge Ashley Edgecombe
Judge Jeff Lund
Both NADD Senior Judge Ashley Edgecombe and NADD Judge Jeff Lund are NADD certified to verify "LAP" dog heights.
Due to recent changes in Kentucky State Sales Tax Laws, we are required to collect sales tax on all entries. The KY sales tax of 6% will be added to all entries at the time of registration.
All competitors paying with credit/debit cards, PayPal or any other banking service that charges a point of sale fee to our facility will have that fee added onto all entries at the time of registration
Woodburn Canine Training Center CoVid-19 Event Plan for our 2021 Trial Season
The Woodburn Canine Training Center has established the following rules for the above listed event in order to comply with Federal, State and Local laws and guidelines to reduce the potential exposure to CoVid-19.
- All individuals that are on the facility grounds must have a touch-less temperature check preformed prior to unloading, setting up your vehicle or checking-in. If your temperature is outside the CDC guidelines you will have to leave the facility property and your entry fees will be reimbursed. We also strongly recommend you immediately contact a health care facility and submit yourself for a follow-up examination.
- After the touchless temperature check individuals will check in with only one person at a time in the administration canopy. (By KY State social distancing rules the canopy cannot have more than 4 people inside at the same time. ONLY WCTC event staff are allowed inside the canopy except during the check in process).
- All Individuals on the facility grounds are required to sign both NAAD waivers.
- Payment may be received by cash, check or PayPal. PayPal processing fees will be added to the total due.
- KY State sales tax must be collected, the sales tax rate is 6%. For ease of processing:
- If you have preregistered your dog the additional sales tax of $1.00 per splash will be added to your entry fee. (The actual sales tax is $1.38 for your $23 entry fee, for ease of processing at check in WCTC will pay the additional $.38 sales tax due at the time of entry).
- There will be NO ON SITE entries allowed for this event. (WCTC must follow strict social distancing guidelines and in order to comply with these guidelines we are unable to accept on site registrations).
- There will be NO TRY-IT’S ALLOWED at this event. (WCTC must follow strict social distancing guidelines and in order to comply with these guidelines we are unable to accept on site Try-it registrations).
- Splashes will run in normal running order.
- Only two people will be allowed on the dock at a time.
- Only the handler(s) on the dock, the judge and (1) WCTC administrative person will be allowed in the defined dock area (fenced and marked) during distance splashes.
- One additional administrative person may be added for the Air Retrieve as a loader to help keep the process moving in a quick and safe fashion.
- NO OTHER INDIVIDUALS OR DOGS ARE ALLOWED INSIDE the dock area.
- NO SPECTATORS WILL BE ALLOWED on the facility grounds.
- If you must bring other family members with you.
- They must pass the touch-less temperature check.
- Sign the NADD waivers.
- If they are minors then there parent or legal guardian must sign the wavier for them.
- Must stay inside the vehicle parking area.
- If you have completed your splashes for the day you must leave the facility grounds as quickly as possible.
- You may only jump in the splashes entered into for that day. If you are entered in more than one day you will not be allowed to “combine multiple days” jumps.
Social Distancing Guidelines
- All Social Distancing Guidelines will be enforced.
- You must maintain a 6’ separation between you and anyone else while on the facility grounds.
- All dogs must also maintain a 6’ separation from other dogs and people (per CDC guidelines)
- You must park your vehicle in designated areas and a minimum parking and set up area of 20x20’ is required for each vehicle.
- Except for check in and to pick up ribbons which will be in a marked basket on the table no one is allowed inside the office canopy except event officials.
- No spectators will be allowed on the facility grounds. If a second person is needed to help you. You will need to inform the facility at the initial check-in.
- Anyone at high risk for the CoVid-19 must let WCTC know at check in.
- High risk individuals must remain inside their vehicle as much as possible except during their splash(s)
- High risk individuals must wear a mask at all times when outside of their vehicle.
- Masks for all individuals on the WCTC facility grounds may be required on the facility grounds and in the pool area and anytime you are outside of your vehicle parking area. (“Day of” rules may change between the time of the WCTC event rules being compiled and the day that you will be on site. Please bring a mask with you and anyone that travels with you. WCTC will NOT be able to provide masks).
- At no time will any group of more than 10 people be allowed to congregate.
- All individuals must remain at least 6 feet apart
- Two ON DECK areas will be marked near the dock entrance where the next two competitors will stay with their dogs while waiting their turn.
- At NO TIME will anyone enter the pool except for WCTC staff. (Per KY State executive orders no one is allowed to swim in a public or semi-private pool. Canines are allowed to swim).
- If anyone fails to follow any instructions by WCTC regarding social distancing they will be asked to leave immediately.
- The Facility will provide hand sanitizer an/or wipes. c
- The bathroom will also have soap, sanitizer, cleaning sprays and wipes and will be cleaned before the first splash and then after each splash is completed.
- Typically our facility provides bottled water free of charge to all competitors. We will not be able to do that due to KY State executive orders. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause for you. Please be sure to bring all the water and food you may need with you.
- We have installed a fresh water hose for your dogs to rinse off in or to get water for yourself or your dogs is available near the dock area.
- There could be additional rules and changes made on the “Day of” if new federal, state or local CoVid-19 rules or guidelines are established. That we may have to change our current rules in order to remain in compliance.