- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 05/10/2021 at midnight (CST).
- Price per splash for this event is $28.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 60 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 25 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
Event Contact Info
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 715-797-6665
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- This event is being run by a NADD mobile dock. Info on parking and other event site info can be found on the event description or on our social media page.
- This event is an Open Splash event. This is done at Portable Dock trials and other shows that have timing conflicts with other dog events. The time for each splash for the day will be set such as 9am for example for all the splashes. You have between the posted start time and end time (either before AR starts or the end of the last day, usually 3pm) to complete your splashes for the day. When you check in you will be handed “Splash Cards” for each splash that you pay for. When you are ready to jump during the day, hand a splash card to the wrangler to get put into the running order. It is the handler's responsibility to be sure to be present it before their turn to jump. Please be aware that at many events, the running order board fills very quickly and early in the day.
- Please Note: You must pay for all pre registered splashes at time of check-in. Any splashes not paid for will be put back into the event's on-site registration availability list.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
NADD/AKC Regionals Qualifier
- In order to qualify, each dog must have a minimum of three splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of the top three jumps from the event for each dog. Only the top 3 dogs in each division will receive an automatic invite to the Regionals.
- Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
- The Air Retrieve qualifier will be based on the highest score achieved at the event. In both Open & Lap, the Top Finisher for each division will earn invites.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
- AS TIME ALLOWS: Each competing dog will get one Try-it ticket per day that they are entered, to use for an extra practice round. The handler must request this ticket at check-in. Each dog will be given three minutes on the dock. If a Try-it or competing dog wishes to have more time, they may purchase additional tickets as timing allows.
11:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
04:30 pm: Splash #303 (Hydro Dash)
09:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #12 (Distance Jump)
04:30 pm: Splash #103 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #304 (Hydro Dash)
10:00 am: Splash #13 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #14 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #15 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #16 (Distance Jump)
COVID Policy - We will be following all local covid guidelines set forth by the State of VA. As these guidelines change frequently we will update competitors when the event pre-registration closes as to what the current guidelines are.
Thursday - Sunday, May 13 - 16
Thursday check in starts at 10am.
Friday & Saturday check-in & practice starts at 8:00 am.In addition to the afternoon Hydrodash or AR, we will offer a 1 hr block of time at noon for either HydroDash or AR (depending on what's running that day) Sign up for that block will open each morning and be first come first serve.
Sunday - check in will start at 8:30am, HydroDash will start at 9am or when everyone is checked in. We will start distance as soon as HD is finished (even if before 9am)
Competitors must be check in and have cards turned in no later then 2 hrs before the end of distance jumping for the day.
Please note that if any pre-entries that are not paid for on your first day entered they will be removed from the splash and will be sold as day-of entry price even if you want to pay for them later.
We will offer on-site registration as long we have spaces in our splashes available, as well as Try-Its as time allows.
Day of registrations will be allowed each day, on the day you wish to jump until there is no space. Air Retrieve will have day of spots available, but we will not have a waiting list once pre-registration fills. All spots are on a first come basis, as this is the fairest for everyone.
Please read before signing up!
- Thank you for understanding our no off-leash policy. (Except when on the dock)
- Please pick up after your dogs. If you don’t follow this rule you will be asked to leave and NO refunds will be given. Disposal of poop should only be in outdoor waste containers.
- Please communicate all problems, all concerns, and issues you have with the staff, the facility or any of the handlers and their dogs immediately as they occur, we want to address problems in real time to solve it during the event. There is no way to correct it if you mention it to us or NADD after the event is over.
So please!!! do not hesitate to talk to us! We want you to have the best possible experience at our event.
- The most important rule! Please have fun with your dog!
We here at North Central Dock want to thank you so much for attending our event and we hope you have a fun enjoyable time with your dog
Judges for this event: Steve Powell, Kristin Elmquist, John Fisher