- This is an Indoor Event
- Online registration closes 11/23/2020 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- This event is an Open Splash event. This is done at Portable Dock trials and other shows that have timing conflicts with other dog events. The time for each splash for the day will be set such as 9am for example for all the splashes. You have between the posted start time and end time (either before AR starts or the end of the last day, usually 3pm) to complete your splashes for the day. When you check in you will be handed “Splash Cards” for each splash that you pay for. When you are ready to jump during the day, hand a splash card to the wrangler to get put into the running order. It is the handler's responsibility to be sure to be present it before their turn to jump. Please be aware that at many events, the running order board fills very quickly and early in the day.
- Please Note: You must pay for all pre registered splashes at time of check-in. Any splashes not paid for will be put back into the event's on-site registration availability list.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
02:00 pm: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash)
09:00 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
04:30 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
04:30 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #12 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #13 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #14 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #15 (Distance Jump)
04:30 pm: Splash #302 (Hydro Dash)
COVID Policy - We will be following all local coivd guidelines set forth by the State of MN. As these guidelines change frequently we will update competitors when the event pre-registraiton closes as to what the current guidelines are.
Thursday, November 26th
Check-in, practice & crate set up will start at 1pm. We will be offering Hydro Dash after the last splash. We will be doing a Friendsgiving dinner potluck during splashes.
Friday - Sunday, November 27-29
Check-in & practice starts at 8:00 am. In addition to the 4:30 Hydrodash or AR, we will offer a 1 hr block of time at noon for either HydroDash or AR (depending on what's running that day)
Providing the state allows it on Thursday we will have a Thanksgiving themed pot luck.
Please note that if any pre-entries that are not paid for on your first day entered they will be removed from the splash and will be sold as day-of entry price even if you want to pay for them later.
We will offer on-site registration as long we have spaces in our splashes available, as well as Try-Its as time allows. Day of registrations will be allowed each day, on the day you wish to jump until there is no space. Air Retrieve will have day of spots available, but we will not have a waiting list once pre-registration fills. All spots are on a first come basis, as this is the fairest for everyone.
We have made special arraignments with this Best Western to provide our competitors rooms for $89/night with NO pet fee. When making a reservation please ask them for the For the Love of Dogs & The Dog Tank special rate. They also have shuttle service to and from our building (as well as the MSP airport)
Please read before signing up!
- Thank you for understanding our no off-leash policy. (Except when on the dock)
- Please pick up after your dogs. If you don’t follow this rule you will be asked to leave and NO refunds will be given. Disposal of poop should only be in outdoor waste containers.
- Please keep wet dogs out of the office areas. Bring your own towels. A blower will be available to dry your dog.
- Please communicate all problems, all concerns, and issues you have with the staff, the facility or any of the handlers and their dogs immediately as they occur, we want to address problems in real time to solve it during the event. There is no way to correct it if you mention it to us or NADD after the event is over.
So please!!! do not hesitate to talk to us! We want you to have the best possible experience at our event.
- The most important rule! Please have fun with your dog!
We here at For the Love of Dogs and The Dog Tank want to thank you so much for attending our event and we hope you have a fun enjoyable time with your dog
Judges for this event: Steve Powell, Kristin Elmquist