This event is now completed.
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 10/03/2020 at midnight (CDT).
- An invite is required to attend this event. Registration instructions will be sent via email.
- Price per splash for this event is $50.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required to pre-register for this event online.
Event Contact Info
Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- This event is being run by a NADD mobile dock. Info on parking and other event site info can be found on the event description or on our social media page.
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
NADD/AKC Regionals Qualifier
- In order to qualify, each dog must have a minimum of three splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of the top three jumps from the event for each dog. Only the top 3 dogs in each division will receive an automatic invite to the Regionals.
- Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
- The Air Retrieve qualifier will be based on the highest score achieved at the event. In both Open & Lap, the Top Finisher for each division will earn invites.
08:00 am: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash) - ALL HD dogs will be entered on this Splash and then moved to the appropriate date after Prereg closes.
09:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump) - ALL Distance dogs will be entered on this Splash and then moved to the appropriate date after Prereg closes.
11:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve) - ALL AR dogs will be entered on this Splash and then moved to the appropriate date after Prereg closes.
08:00 am: Splash #302 (Hydro Dash)
09:00 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
08:00 am: Splash #303 (Hydro Dash)
09:00 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #103 (Air Retrieve)
08:00 am: Splash #304 (Hydro Dash)
09:00 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #12 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #104 (Air Retrieve)
NADD is working hard to get as many dogs qualified as possible prior to the new end date of the season, September 15, 2020. Once we have the registration process completed, we will be able to publish a finalized schedule. Tentatively, each day will have Hydrodash in the morning, Distance during the day, and Air Retrieve in the evening. Competitors will be broken into groups by the owner's last name, and assigned a day to complete all their jumps, to minimize the number of people staying overnight and onsite each day to limit risk of COVID spread.
As with everything in 2020, nothing is certain, except that we all want to play with our dogs. So, we will be adhering to current COVID requirements and restrictions. An updated COVID Plan for the event will be sent via email at least one week prior to the event start. You can expect masks, sanitizer, and social distancing rules. Please understand that compliance with our COVID plan is what allows us to hold these events, and that sense of normalcy is precious.
The event is being held at a private house. Please make sure you pick up after your dog. We will not be allowing RV's if you need a place to camp please reach out to me at Centralk9dogs@gmail.com, I am allowing some to camp at the facility which is not that far away.
I know this is not the ideal place for some but this is what we have due to the covid times.
Porta potties and wash stations will be available.
The actual address of the event is 138 Bush Hill Rd Willimantic CT
More info to come as we get closer.
Rosemont Suites 860-889-2671
Captains Grants 860-887-7589
comfort Suites 860-892-9292
There are more in Manchester, ct
Brialee Family Campground 860-429-8359
waters edge 860-642-7470
highland camp 860-423-5684
lake williams camp 860-908-1842