This event is now completed.
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 05/19/2020 at midnight (CST).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- This event is an Open Splash event. This is done at Portable Dock trials and other shows that have timing conflicts with other dog events. The time for each splash for the day will be set such as 9am for example for all the splashes. You have between the posted start time and end time (either before AR starts or the end of the last day, usually 3pm) to complete your splashes for the day. When you check in you will be handed “Splash Cards” for each splash that you pay for. When you are ready to jump during the day, hand a splash card to the wrangler to get put into the running order. It is the handler's responsibility to be sure to be present it before their turn to jump. Please be aware that at many events, the running order board fills very quickly and early in the day.
- Please Note: You must pay for all pre registered splashes at time of check-in. Any splashes not paid for will be put back into the event's on-site registration availability list.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
08:30 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
10:30 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
12:30 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
02:30 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
04:30 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
08:30 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
10:30 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
12:30 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
02:30 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
04:30 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
08:30 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
10:30 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
12:30 pm: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
02:30 pm: Splash #12 (Distance Jump)
04:30 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash)
08:30 am: Splash #13 (Distance Jump)
10:30 am: Splash #14 (Distance Jump)
12:30 pm: Splash #15 (Distance Jump)
02:30 pm: Splash #16 (Distance Jump)
If you are using GOOGLE MAPS to get here, search for, Tonopaws K-9. DO NOT search our address.
Due to the Covid-19 this event will run in groups.
We will be running 5 groups of 10 - 15 people 5 times a day. Allana is working on the groups as we speak.
Groups will be #1 - #5. Please show up 30 minutes prior to your assigned groups start time.
Group #1 will start everyday at 8:30 am. Group times will run 1.5 - 2.5 hours, depending on how many are in the group.
The start time of the other groups will be determined after pre registration closes on the 19th. The largest group will be group #5 and will be the last group each day.
Each group will jump all of the jumps (DJ & AR) they pre registered for that day, in rotation, just like a regular splash.
DJ & HD jumps will be done on Sunday. Monday will be Distance Jumps only.
I will send all registered competitors an email with group member names and start times.
This will be a pre paid event. We will not be accepting any payments on site, other than a personal check. If you must pay cash send me an email, firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work something out. The online payment info will be sent in the email on the 20th with the group information.
IMPORTANT!! The NADD waiver and the Covid-19 waiver must be signed and either emailed to us or handed to us prior to entering the facility. We would prefer the hard copied & signed waivers as you enter. You can email if you prefer.
EVERYONE who plans to attend MUST sign their own waiver, parents sign one for your kids, and receive a wrist band prior to entry.
The waivers must be emailed to email@example.com or handed to us prior to entering the facility.
Both waivers can be found on the front page of the NADD website. Simply download, print, sign, email them to us, or bring them with you.
We will be practicing social distancing and following state recommendations. Keep your distance people, 6' apart.
Handlers waiting for their turn on the dock MUST maintain 6' apart from one another. Our Wrangler, Brittney Castle will be there too ensure smooth/timely running.
All pop ups must be placed 6' apart. You may come set your pop up on Thursday if you would like. Message us on Facebook, @tonopaws.
The dock railings, access gates, and other high touch areas, will be sprayed with sanitizer between each group.
There are 3 hand sanitizing stations for your convenience.
All ribbons will be available. Ribbon stickers will be filled out by a staff member, wearing gloves, and placed on a table for you to pick up before you leave.
Our goal is to have this event run as smoothly as all of our competitors have been accustomed to.
On Monday, at 12:00 pm, we will pause all activities and observe 1 minute of silence too pay tribute to the fallen.
Bring your pop ups and chairs, with a full ice chest of cool drinks to stay hydrated. It will be warm.
Like our facility page on Face Book, @tonopaws, to stay up to date on this, & future events.