This event is now completed.
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 08/12/2020 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
NADD/AKC Regionals Qualifier
- In order to qualify, each dog must have a minimum of three splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of the top three jumps from the event for each dog. Only the top 3 dogs in each division will receive an automatic invite to the Regionals.
- Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
- The Air Retrieve qualifier will be based on the highest score achieved at the event. In both Open & Lap, the Top Finisher for each division will earn invites.
09:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
Welcome everyone, and thanks for your continued support! We are glad to be hosting this event and operating under phase 4 guidelines now, though we still need to remain vigilant against Covid 19.
So PLEASE, if you are not feeling well, are immune compromised, or not yet comfortable out in public, PLEASE keep sitting it out for everyone’s well-being.
Our next event is only about a month away!
We will be running on our normal schedule of 9, 11, 1, and 3 Splashes as per entries BUT:
*UNFORTUNATELY, even with the higher NUMBER RESTRICTION, WE CAN NOT BE HOSTING SPECTATORS AT THIS EVENT, or holding TRY-Its.
PLEASE - CONTESTANTS ONLY – and hopefully next time friends and family can once again join in on the festivities! If number restrictions relax by the time of closing we will update our event details.
Please note: EVERYONE ON SITE MUST SUBMIT 3 SIGNED WAIVERS for this event on arrival, available at the links below. (NADD/AKC, COVID 19, and SPLASH TOWN-[one for the season])
· THANK YOU!
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your splash so we can check you in, take payments and paperwork, and give everyone going on the dock a wristband. We will deal with any final entry additions or adjustments at that time.
WE will be practicing social distancing! 6’ between people, and 8’ with dogs. In areas where this isn’t possible, please mask.
Tents, etc. may be set up IN FRONT OF or BEHIND your vehicles, NOT beside. Only household members may share tents.
If you have an excitable (noisy) dog, please back in to a space farther from the pool.
The ADMIN tent will be open, with a table to leave paperwork and to make payments if not done already, ask questions, and obtain masks and additional sanitizing products if needed. One (masked) person at a time will be permitted inside the tent, when necessary.
VENDING will be in a separate tent, with one person entering at a time (masked). Christina and Canines will be selling dog beds, (NEW!!) drying coats, and other goodies.
Check out https://www.christinaandcanines.com/#/ For more social distancing and contactless payment, pre-purchase online to pick up at event.
Splash Town will have (NEW!) Punch cards, gift certificates and NEW apparel for sale as well. See https://splashtownk9.com/store
As always, dogs are to be leashed or contained at all times, except on dock, leaving at least 8’ between them. Make sure they stay comfortable and hydrated, and pick up after them.
Sanitation stations will be provided at the ADMIN tent, and as you enter and exit the dock. Sanitizing gel, spray and wipes will be available at the gates. Feel free to wipe down handles etc. before and after your use as well. Gloves will be provided if desired.
NO FOOD OR DRINK will be provided at this event. Bring your own, or visit one of our wonderful local eateries (or vineyards!) for pick up service if dine-in is not yet available.
Some helpful hints!:
PLEASE read and re-read your rules- available at https://northamericadivingdogs.com/content/view/cmsid/20/2018_North_America_Diving_Dogs_Rules .
Prior to the event day, you can address questions to the NADD Fan page, Splash Town page, or email us.
We can also provide you with a “cheat sheet” version to address FAQs.) If you have further questions, bring them to the admin tent and we will have the judge respond.
We will have limited staff to keep numbers down, so please stay alert to the White Board, Wrangler, and PA announcements for your running order, and have your dog ready three dogs in advance.
( One ON THE DOCK, one ON DECK , and one IN THE HOLE )
Line up in designated areas maintaining at least 8’ distance throughout.
Staff will NOT be holding anyone’s dogs, or throwing for them. Please arrange well in advance of your jump to have someone help you if needed.
Team ON DECK will wait at the rear dock gate until the exiting team closes the front gate behind them.
Sorry, no humans in the pool at this event.
Video and photos are fine as long as you stay at least 6 feet from the pool, people, and away from the judge’s area.
If you DO NOT want your blue Q ribbons, please let us know at check in. Otherwise, at the end of each time block, they will be available at the admin tent. If there is a line, maintain your 6 distance, and please be patient.
If you want a photo with your ribbon, just let us know in admin! We’ll be happy to take one for you.
Any other questions or concerns, let us know- email@example.com- and we will do our best to address them. We want everyone to enjoy their visit to Splash Town and make great memories with their amazing dogs!
Let’s say a collective prayer for good weather, and great splashes for all! We thank you for your support and cooperation!
Navigation tip! :
IF YOUR GPS TELLS YOU TO TURN LEFT INTO THE HIGH SCHOOL: KEEP GOING TO THE STOP SIGN, BEAR LEFT, AND TURN INTO THE SECOND DRIVEWAY ON YOUR LEFT.