This event is now completed.
Notice: Undefined index: UID in /var/www/html/NADD/LiveNADD/views/event/info.php on line 379
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 08/25/2020 at midnight (CDT).
- Price per splash for this event is $28.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Payment is required at check-in for all pre-registered splashes. Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to three minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- This event is being run by a NADD mobile dock. Info on parking and other event site info can be found on the event description or on our social media page.
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
NADD Regionals Qualifier
- In order to qualify for Distance Jump, each dog must have a minimum of three DJ splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of the top three jumps from the event for each dog. Only the top 3 dogs in each division will receive an automatic Distance Jump invite to the Regionals.
- Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
- The Air Retrieve and Hydro Dash qualifier will be based on the highest score achieved at the event. In both Open & Lap, the Top 3 Finishers for each division will earn invites.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00.
09:00 am: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
11:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
10:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #103 (Air Retrieve)
THE PREVIOUSLY RESCHEDULED WALLEYE WEEKEND HAS BEEN CANCELLED. SO, WE ARE MOVING OUR QUALIFIER TO TBE TRAILERS IN WATERTOWN, WI.
If you previously registered for Walleye Weekend prior to the cancellation, you are automatically registered for the Pier Pups Summer Qualifier at TBE Trailers. The splash times have changed for Friday, please check your splash times and make any changes necessary. We added a Friday morning Air Retrieve Splash and another distance splash to Friday's schedule. Splash times for Saturday and Sunday are the same as they were prior to the cancellation and rescheduling. If you cannot attend at this location or new times, you can remove yourself from the event.
TBE Trailers, located in rural Watertown, offers plenty of shaded, grassy areas to set up your canopies or you can crate out of your car. Back by popular demand, the 2 Can Smoke BBQ food truck will be back all three days at this event.
Also, back by popular demand...Mandalorian Captures will be the event photographer. Mike's photography is stunning! Watch our Facebook Page for more details on how to be sure your dog is photographed.
Due to the evolving situation regarding Covid-19, we will keep you informed of any changes to this event via email through NADD. Please make sure your email address is updated in the NADD Portal. We will be adhering to all State, Federal, CDC and NADD regulations and recommendations regarding safely operating an event. When we get closer to the event date and know the regulations and recommendations of the day, we will post on pierpups.com, Facebook, this NADD event page and email. See our Covid-19 Plan below.
We look forward to seeing you all on the dock!
The Pier Pups Crew
- Registration will open at 8:00 AM on Friday, at 8:00 AM on Saturday and 9:00 AM on Sunday.
- Pool will be open for practice at 8:00 AM on Friday, at 8:00 AM on Saturday and at 9:00 AM on Sunday.
- Please arrive at the pool and check in at least 45 min before your first splash.
- Please print off, sign and bring along the NADD Covid Waiver, NADD Waiver and Pier Pups Waiver. We will need all three signed waivers before you will be issued a wristband and allowed on the dock. Any additional handlers/holders will also need to sign the waivers.
- We accept cash, checks, contactless PayPal payments and credit cards. Credit cards will be charged an additional 3% service charge.
- Handlers meeting will be held approx. 15 min before the first splash of the day.
- "Day-Of" registration spots for Distance and Air Retrieve (if offered on that day). Try-Its will be allowed as space permits.
- There is plenty of space near the pool to set up a canopy, and you will be able to crate out of your vehicle with a short walk to the pool. Canopies may be left up overnight at your own risk.
- If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email us at email@example.com .
We are so glad to be back to dock diving and can’t wait to see all of your smiling faces again! We would like to share with you our plan for keeping you and our staff healthy and safe during the Covid-19 Pandemic. If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact us.
If you are sick or not feeling quite right, or have been exposed to someone who is sick or not feeling quite right, please DO NOT COME! If you are immune-compromised or are at a greater risk of complications from Covid-19, please consider not coming. If you are at all uncomfortable with people gathering, please consider not coming.
We will be adhering to social distancing practices and will be rigorously sanitizing, however this is a respiratory virus primarily spread through respiratory droplets, and we cannot keep people from breathing.
Masks or face coverings are suggested but not required. We will have several sanitizing stations available for your use, but we encourage all competitors to bring their own hand sanitizer and/or wipes.
Parking and crating
We will be directing traffic to designated parking areas. All parking spots will be 10’ wide and most of them will allow for canopies to be set up directly behind your vehicle. Locations for canopies will be marked on the grass or pavement. There is also ample shaded space to set up a canopy or crate if you choose not to crate out of your vehicle. Please respect social distancing practices when choosing a spot to set up your crates/canopies.
When you arrive
Please plan on arriving at least 45 minutes before your first scheduled splash. Sign in at the admin tent may take a bit longer due to extra precautions taken. After parking and setting up your crate/canopy, please make your way to the Admin tent to sign in. We will have a plexiglass barrier between staff and competitors and payment will be taken by a staff member using hand sanitizer before each transaction. We will accept cash, check, credit card and contactless PayPal payments. Only one competitor at a time will be allowed at the admin desk to sign in. Please follow the 6’ social distancing markers while waiting to sign in.
To minimize contact, please print off, sign and bring with you 1) The standard NADD waiver 2) the New NADD Covid-19 Waiver and 3) the Pier Pups waiver. We will issue you a wristband that will allow you on the dock once we have received all three waivers. Also, any additional handlers must also complete these waivers and have a wristband to enter the dock area.
We will be running the event as a regular closed splash event with set splash times. To encourage social distancing, we will be using the REMIND app to notify competitors of where we are in the running order so we don’t have people waiting in line. Approximately 2 weeks before the event, will email you a link to join the NADD TBE Groups in the REMIND App. There will be only 3 teams in the staging area at a time: the team on the dock, one on deck, and one in the hole. There will be tents set up for teams on deck and in the hole. We will also use the sound system and a white board to keep everyone up to date on the running order.
There will be one-way traffic signs directing you after leaving the dock.
Hand sanitizer will be available in various locations throughout the grounds, including the admin tent, all bathrooms, at the bottom of the dock, and the ribbon table.
The dock stair railing and gates will be sanitized with a disinfecting solution after every 20 dogs and before and after each splash. There will be disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer at the bottom of the dock for competitors to use if they wish. The pool will also be chlorinated and AR bumpers sanitized and rinsed before returning to competitor or being placed on the rig.
All workers will respect social distancing and use hand sanitizer before and after transactions with customers, and all high touch surfaces and bathrooms will be sanitized throughout the day.
Ribbon labels will be filled out by one person per splash and ribbons will be placed on a table on the far side of the admin tent immediately following the splash.
We realize that some of these steps may be a little inconvenient, but we really appreciate everyone's cooperation so that we may continue to hold events while doing our best to keep everyone safe and comfortable.