- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 08/25/2020 at midnight (CDT).
- Price per splash for this event is $28.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- This event is being run by a NADD mobile dock. Info on parking and other event site info can be found on the event description or on our social media page.
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
National Championship Qualifier
- In order to qualify, each dog must have a minimum of three splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of the top three jumps from the event for each dog. Only the top dog in each division will receive an automatic invite to the National Championships.
- Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
- The Air Retrieve qualifier will be based on the highest score achieved at the event. In both Open & Lap, the Top Finisher for each division will earn invites.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
- AS TIME ALLOWS: Each competing dog will get one Try-it ticket per day that they are entered, to use for an extra practice round. The handler must request this ticket at check-in. Each dog will be given three minutes on the dock. If a Try-it or competing dog wishes to have more time, they may purchase additional tickets as timing allows.
03:30 pm: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
06:30 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
10:00 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
THE PREVIOUSLY RESCHEDULED WALLEYE WEEKEND HAS BEEN CANCELLED. SO, WE ARE MOVING OUR QUALIFIER TO TBE TRAILERS IN WATERTOWN, WI.
If you previously registered for Walleye Weekend prior to the cancellation, you are automatically registered for the Pier Pups Summer Qualifier at TBE Trailers. The dates and splash times will remain the same as they were for Walleye Weekend, so you do not need to do anything. If you cannot attend at this location, you can remove yourself from the event.
TBE Trailers, located in rural Watertown, offers plenty of shaded, grassy areas to set up your canopies or you can crate out of your car. We will have a food truck at this event.
Due to the evolving situation regarding Covid-19, we will keep you informed of any changes to this event via email through NADD. Please make sure your email address is updated in the NADD Portal. We will be adhering to all State, Federal, CDC and NADD regulations and recommendations regarding safely operating an event. When we get closer to the event date and know the regulations and recommendations of the day, we will post on pierpups.com, Facebook, this NADD event page and email.
We look forward to see you all on the dock!
The Pier Pups Crew
- Registration will open at 2:30 PM on Friday, at 8:00 AM on Saturday and 9:00 AM on Sunday.
- Pool will be open for practice at 3:00 PM on Friday, at 8:00 AM on Saturday and at 9:00 AM on Sunday.
- Please arrive at the pool and check in at least 45 min before your first splash.
- We accept cash, checks and credit cards. Credit card payment will be charged a 3% service charge.
- Handlers meeting will be held approx. 15 min before the first splash of the day.
- Each day there will be "Day-Of" registration spots for Distance and Air Retrieve (if offered on that day). Try-Its will be allowed as space permits.
- If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .