This event is now completed.
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 06/08/2020 at midnight (CST).
- Price per splash for this event is $28.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- This event is being run by a NADD mobile dock. Info on parking and other event site info can be found on the event description or on our social media page.
- This event is an Open Splash event. This is done at Portable Dock trials and other shows that have timing conflicts with other dog events. The time for each splash for the day will be set such as 9am for example for all the splashes. You have between the posted start time and end time (either before AR starts or the end of the last day, usually 3pm) to complete your splashes for the day. When you check in you will be handed “Splash Cards” for each splash that you pay for. When you are ready to jump during the day, hand a splash card to the wrangler to get put into the running order. It is the handler's responsibility to be sure to be present it before their turn to jump. Please be aware that at many events, the running order board fills very quickly and early in the day.
- Please Note: You must pay for all pre registered splashes at time of check-in. Any splashes not paid for will be put back into the event's on-site registration availability list.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
- AS TIME ALLOWS: Each competing dog will get one Try-it ticket per day that they are entered, to use for an extra practice round. The handler must request this ticket at check-in. Each dog will be given three minutes on the dock. If a Try-it or competing dog wishes to have more time, they may purchase additional tickets as timing allows.
04:00 pm: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash)
10:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
04:30 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
10:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
04:30 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
10:00 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
Hello Dock Divers!
Barkweek is upon us and so I'd like to make sure you have as much info as possible on dock diving.
Please note that the dock is not at Karen's, it is just down the road a few minutes -
The Greenback Depot
6736 Morganton Rd, Greenback, TN 37742
This will run like a typical mobile event. Show up whenever you like, the earlier the better if you have a certain times you'd like to jump. When you show up, check in. Sign waivers, Pay, get your jump cards, get on the board. (you can also get an NADD number and/or get a try-it).
Once you have jump cards you can get on the board for any available time you would like (that day).
It takes 5 qualifying jumps in any one division to earn your first title. Every splash consists of 2 jumps (and an optional practice). From that splash, the longest jump will count as the qualifying jump. Don't forget to pick up your qualifying jump ribbons from the ribbon station.
Try-its will be available time permitting. I don't expect this event to fill or experience excessive wait times except maybe during a few peak times. (like Sat afternoon)
Mobile events with people coming and going randomly are a bit more challenging to control interactions. Here are the general guidelines.
-Masks are not required. Coughing or sneezing while not wearing a mask will get you some seriously concerned looks.
- Social distancing is expected whenever possible around the pool and dock. Do not crowd around the admin table, dock or pool. Distancing around the stairs on/off the dock should be done anyway. Avoid interactions at the steps.
Some hand sanitizer and wipes will be provided for use but I suggest you come prepared to wipe and sanitize to your level of comfort.
- Please do not wear gloves
- Money and ribbons will be exchanged as usual so I'd suggest washing your hands or using sanitizer immediately after interactions with others, money, ribbons, railings.
- I will not provide toys to share or for public use.
- We can not assure you that this event is safe. Attendance of any public event will carry some risk. You are willingly and knowingly assuming that risk by attending.
- If you are feeling ill, or a carrier of covid, please do not attend.
- Come prepared to wash, sanitize, wipe, whatever it is you need to do to contribute to minimizing risk.
- We reserve the right to make any adjustments to Covid Guidelines at any time so as to minimize risks.
Glad you are coming out to jump. I expect a fun and relaxing environment and hope for blue skies all week.