- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 09/08/2020 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Independent Event Finals
- This event will have an independent Facility Finals. The finals will not count towards NADD jumps (averages, rankings, etc).
- Each facility will determine how many dogs will make the Finals and the awards to be given, if any.
- At least 3 jumps are required to participate in independent event finals.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
02:00 pm: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
05:30 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
10:00 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
05:30 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
10:00 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
CAROLINA TRAINING CENTER WILL BE RUNNING THIS EVENT UNDER OUR COVID-19 PLAN THAT HAS BEEN APPROVED BY NADD. NO SPECTATORS, NO FAMILY MEMBERS, AND NO CHILDREN WILL BE ALLOWED, ONLY HANDLERS AND HOLDERS SHOULD ATTEND. EVERYONE SHOULD WEAR A MASK AT ALL TIMES, EXCEPT WHEN ON THE DOCK WITH THEIR DOG. SOCIAL DISTANCING IS EXPECTED OF EVERYONE IN ATTENDANCE.
WE WILL CREATE GROUPS OF LESS THAN 25 people. IN ORDER TO ABIDE BY OUR STATE’S RESTRICTIONS on groups of people meeting together. YOU WILL BE ASSIGNED A GROUP TO BE IN EACH DAY YOU ARE REGISTERED. WE WILL HAVE 3 GROUPS EACH DAY.
YOUR GROUP INFORMATION WILL INCLUDE A TIME TO ARRIVE SO YOU MAY PARK IN ONE OF OUR PARKING SPACES that are staked out to provide for social distancing. Please do not put up any tents as you will be here part of the day and then leave after jumping your dogs.
You will check in for the entire event on your first day of jumping to eliminate multiple contacts. We will have large X’S sprayed with paint on the ground for people to Socially Distance during check in.
Four handwashing stations will be set up for your use with water, soap, paper towels and hand sanitizer.
Port-a-Potties will be available and will be sanitized multiple times each day.
The Dock will be sanitized after each group finishes jumping.
Payment must be by CHECK or CASH only. WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY CARDS. Exact amount of cash please as we will not be able to make change. Place your cash or check in an envelope with your name, your dog’s name and the amount of payment on the outside of the envelope.
NO FOOD OR DRINK WILL BE AVAILABLE DURING THE EVENT. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR DOG.
RIBBONS WILL BE SEPARATED BY EACH DOG SO THEY WILL NOT BE TOUCHED BY OTHERS. PLEASE WAIT UNTIL YOUR GROUP IS FINISHED TO COME TO ADMIN AND PICK YOUR RIBBONS UP EACH DAY.
Judges for all Splashes and AR will be Chet or Bev Roberts.
Dogs must be kept on a short leash at all times. No long lines or flexi leads are allowed. Please give other dogs plenty of room when you walk your dog or come to the dock. It is your responsibility to keep your dog under control at all times.