This event is now completed.
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 06/02/2020 at midnight (CST).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Independent Event Finals
- This event will have an independent Facility Finals. The finals will not count towards NADD jumps (averages, rankings, etc).
- Each facility will determine how many dogs will make the Finals and the awards to be given, if any.
- At least 3 jumps are required to participate in independent event finals.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
02:00 pm: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
05:30 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
10:00 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
05:30 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
10:00 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
Payment must be made by CASH or CHECK only. WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY CARDS.
Judges for all Splashes and AR will be Chet or Bev Roberts.
Dogs must be kept on a short leash at all times. No long lines or flexi leads are allowed. Please give other dogs plenty of room as you walk your dog or come to the dock. It is your responsibility to keep your dog under control at all times.
Competitors will be placed in groups for this event to allow us to follow NC PHASE 2 and our facility COVID 19 Plan.
You will be assigned a block of time to arrive, check in, park, set up, and prepare to jump your dog. WHEN YOU COMPLETE YOUR DOG’s Splashes, we ask that you pack up your things to go home.
You may sign up to determine your jump order for your dog at the ADMIN TABLE. You may only complete one Splash and then must come down from the dock. Another dog must go up to jump after you. If you want, you may jump your dog for its second Splash after that dog.
You can only complete Splashes on the regularly scheduled day. Friday Splashes on Friday, etc.
NADD RULES STATE THAT AT LEAST ONE DOG MUST JUMP AFTER A DOG TO PREVENT A DOG JUMPING BACK TO BACK.
WE WILL REPEAT THIS PROCESS EACH DAY.
NO SPECTATORS ARE ALLOWED AT THIS EVENT.
ONLY COMPETITORS SHOULD ATTEND WITH THEIR DOG SINCE EVERY PERSON MUST BE COUNTED.
No Try Its at this event.
No on site registration at this event.
Large X’s will be marked on the grass so that dogs coming to the dock may Socially Distance.
Parking spaces will be marked off for everyone. Please do not remove the stakes during your time with us.
Please sanitize/wash your hands as you enter and exit the dock at the hand washing stations.
CTC WORKERS WILL WEAR MASKS AS THEY INTERACT WITH COMPETITORS. IF YOU ARE AT RISK, WE URGE YOU TO BRING A MASK AND WEAR IT TO PROTECT YOURSELF.
WE ASK THAT ANYONE WHO FEELS SICK, HAS A COUGH, IS RUNNING A FEVER, OR DOES NOT FEEL WELL TO PLEASE REMAIN AT HOME.
We do expect everyone in attendance to Socially Distance.
Check-in will be one time only for the event. Please pay for all Splashes when you check in on your first day.
Admin will be separated from competitors. Add on Splashes will only be accepted at your check-in.
Payment may be by check or cash. Envelopes will be provided for your payment to be placed. WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY CARDS.
Four handwashing stations will be available:
1 next to ADMIN
1 at entrance to dock
1 at exit from dock
1 at Port-a-Potties
DISINFECTANT WILL BE PROVIDED IN EACH PORT A POTTY.
THEY WILL BE SPRAYED MULTIPLE TIMES EACH DAY BY CTC.
THE DOCK WILL BE DISINFECTED BETWEEN SPLASHES AT TOUCHABLE SURFACES.
NO FOOD OR DRINK WILL BE AVAILABLE. PLEASE bring your own to take care of your needs.
Ribbons will be placed in a baggie for you. We will announce when they are ready to be picked up each day.
NADD has 2 required Waivers for each competitor to sign.
The regular waiver and a COVID -19 Waiver.
Carolina Training Center has one Waiver for competitors to sign.