This event is now completed.
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 09/08/2020 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
NADD/AKC Regionals Qualifier
- In order to qualify, each dog must have a minimum of three splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of the top three jumps from the event for each dog. Only the top 3 dogs in each division will receive an automatic invite to the Regionals.
- Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
- The Air Retrieve qualifier will be based on the highest score achieved at the event. In both Open & Lap, the Top Finisher for each division will earn invites.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
09:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
11:30 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
04:30 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
07:00 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash)
07:00 am: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
10:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
12:30 pm: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
05:30 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
07:00 am: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
10:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
12:30 pm: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
05:00 pm: Splash #12 (Distance Jump)
K9 Waterworld COVID-19 Event Plan
This event will run as normal, with the exception:
- There will be a marked, designated area for competition that will limit 10 people at one time within this area
- Photographers must get prior approval to be within the bleacher area wearing a wristband.
- There will be an entrance and exit in and out of this designated area.
- Running order will be posted at entrance to this area.
- All parking and crating areas are available in field and covered areas. It is up to you to maintain social distancing.
- "Guadalupe County suggests that face coverings or masks should be worn by all when in public where it is not possible to maintain at least six (6) feet of distance between individuals"
- Dock gates will be sanitized regularly.
- Buildings will be locked except for the 1 restroom.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in multiple locations.
- Food will not be provided.
- Check in will be done by vehicle drive thru upon entering the field. Pre-payment encouraged, otherwise bring exact cash or check with signed waivers.
- Vehicle traffic is ONE-WAY in and ONE-WAY out. Exit will be through field at the other end of the property for safety of pedestrian traffic.
- Wrist bands will be given to any persons requiring to enter the designated area and therefore each person must provide 2 signed event waivers upon entering the premises. **This includes PHOTOGRAPHERS**
- These Event Waivers are valid for this event only.
- PRE-PAYMENT encouraged. Payment requests have been sent out while our COVID plan is in place for ease of paying online.