This event is now completed.
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 09/01/2020 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
NADD/AKC Regionals Qualifier
- In order to qualify, each dog must have a minimum of three splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of the top three jumps from the event for each dog. Only the top 3 dogs in each division will receive an automatic invite to the Regionals.
- Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
- The Air Retrieve qualifier will be based on the highest score achieved at the event. In both Open & Lap, the Top Finisher for each division will earn invites.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
06:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
06:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
09:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
11:00 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
03:00 pm: Splash #12 (Distance Jump)
*** UPDATE ***
The Chestnut Hill Labor Day Qualifier weekend is going to be held at a different location. This is temporary for this event (while we work with our county officials). The new location is VERY close though!!! We will be using THE CANINE RANCH pool in Canton, GA for this event!!! The address is:
165 Doug Smith Lane, Canton GA
If you guys have ANY questions AT ALL… Please email Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org
AND THANK YOU TO OUR WHOLE DOCK DIVING FAMILY FOR HOW WONDERFUL ALL OF YOU GUYS ARE!!
ALL THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION STILL APPLIES:
Chestnut Hill is committed to comply with all city, state, national, and NADD mandates pertaining to our location and the well-being of the public and success of dog sports. Below are Chestnut Hill’s policies and procedures pertaining to our 2020 4th of July weekend event.
PLEASE READ ALL THE INFORMATION BELOW.
In compliance with the NADD Facility Event COVID Plan, it is required that all competitors sign the COVID-19 waiver, NADD waiver and the Chestnut Hill facility waiver. Each competitor is requested to print, fill out and bring each form with them to the event. There are links below for each of the forms. In the event that a competitor does not have access to a printer or fails to bring the forms, the facility will have blank copies available. Please DO bring your own pen!!
An email will be sent out with your jump block times the weekend before the event. If you do not receive the block time email and you are pre-registered for this event, please email email@example.com
Social / Physical Distancing
Staff, Judges and Volunteers will maintain and attempt to enforce the 6-foot distance rule.
Administration area will be fenced off at least at a 6’ minimum distance to prevent contact to the admin workers.
All attendees must maintain the 6-ft distance rule at all times and may not touch another person, dogs other than their own, or other’s property at any time.
Masks are not required but are strongly encouraged.
All attendees are expected to bring their own hand sanitizer and any other type of disinfecting/sanitation product they wish to use for their own use.
Payments: Checks, cash or credit cards will be accepted at check in and dropped by the attendee/competitor into a payment box. If paying by cash, please bring exact payment as we can not make change!!
Ribbons: There will be a separate ribbon table for competitors to pick up their ribbons. Blank stickers will be available so that the competitor can fill in their own splash information. If you can not remember your splash info, you will be able to find the info on the NADD portal during or shortly after your jump block completes. If you have questions after the event about any jump, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Minimum of 15’ apart for dogs waiting in line for their jumps.
There will be a table on the entry side of the dock with hand sanitizer for EVERY person entering the dock. This is REQUIRED before entering the dock.
All dogs MUST be kept on a 6 foot or shorter leash. NO flexi leashes or long lines allowed during an event.
A running order will be posted. Block times will be e-mailed ahead of time so competitors know when they will be jumping. We will also make regular announcements to alert competitors that their turn is coming up.
Crating / Parking Area
Parking close to the pool is reserved for those competitors assigned in the current jump block window. We are encouraging competitors to use these “block-time use only” parking spots since they will only be on site for a short time each day.
This event will be run using a 2-hour daily time block structure which allows the facility to limit the number of people on premise at one time. Each competitor will be emailed their respective 2-hour daily time blocks.
There will be a maximum of 4 splashes a day.
Some competitors will jump Friday (for their Saturday, Sunday or Monday jumps).
AR will run at the normal time on Friday & Saturday (after 5pm).
Competitors may arrive 30 minutes prior to their scheduled block time to check in only. Should someone show up early, they are to stay with their car until their scheduled time except to check in. Parking for the next block of competitors will be further from the pool until the current block of competitors leave a parking spot open.
Gates: All gate latches and top rails will be cleaned between each 2-hour time block of competitors.
The Porta Potty will be cleaned between each 2-hour time block of competitors as best as possible. There will be toilet paper and hand sanitizer for the Porta Potty. Please do NOT walk off with either as this is ALL we have for the whole weekend.
If competitors wish to wear gloves or use a protective layer (i.e. towel, Kleenex, etc.) to open/close gates on the dock, we encourage them to provide their own protection.
There will be a table on the near side (entry side) of the dock with a bottle of hand sanitizer for EVERY person to use who will be entering the dock. This is REQUIRED before entering the dock.
Competitors are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer, wipes, etc. We WILL have hand sanitizer available near the pool entrance and porta-potty.
Dog Waste Stations: Dog waste stations will be available throughout the property and easily-accessible for all competitors.
All Competitors Must sign and return the following 4 waivers!
CLICK HERE to view and download the NADD event waiver.
CLICK HERE to view and download the NADD COVID-19 waiver.
CLICK HERE to view and download the Chestnut Hill waiver.
CLICK HERE to view and download the Canine Ranch waiver.
As ALWAYS…. We are looking forward to providing a safe and positive atmosphere to successfully run this Chestnut Hill NADD event! We appreciate the flexibility and cooperation of our competitors to help make this event a success. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.