This event is now completed.
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 06/23/2020 at midnight (CST).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- This event is an Open Splash event. This is done at Portable Dock trials and other shows that have timing conflicts with other dog events. The time for each splash for the day will be set such as 9am for example for all the splashes. You have between the posted start time and end time (either before AR starts or the end of the last day, usually 3pm) to complete your splashes for the day. When you check in you will be handed “Splash Cards” for each splash that you pay for. When you are ready to jump during the day, hand a splash card to the wrangler to get put into the running order. It is the handler's responsibility to be sure to be present it before their turn to jump. Please be aware that at many events, the running order board fills very quickly and early in the day.
- Please Note: You must pay for all pre registered splashes at time of check-in. Any splashes not paid for will be put back into the event's on-site registration availability list.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
08:30 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
03:30 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash)
08:30 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
02:00 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
03:30 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
08:30 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
10:00 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
02:00 pm: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
03:30 pm: Splash #12 (Distance Jump)
24K Diving Dogs COVID-19 Event Plan
- Due to reopening phases progressing we will be running the June 26-28 event as a cluster. Upon check in you will pay for all jumps for the weekend and be given your jump cards for each splash you have entered for the entire weekend. You will then proceed to the 10 x 10 easy up where the jump board is located. There will be 3 X’s clearly marked on the ground for waiting until the person running the board is finished with the person he or she is helping. You are to give him or her your cards for the current day only and you will be placed on the board (remember there must be at least two dogs between each of your dogs jumps). Please be patient and kind to the person running the jump board.
- Hydro Dash will be at noon on Friday June 26th. Splashes will stop at 11:30 am. Any dogs who have not had a splash yet that day will be given the opportunity to get wet and then the rig will be set. Immediately following hydro dash we will resume jumps. The last dog to jump needs to be on the board by 3pm.
Air Retrieve will be at noon on Saturday, June 27th and Sunday, June 28th. Splashes will stop at 11:30 am to set the rig. Splashes will begin immediately after Air Retrieve is completed the last dog to jump needs to be on the board by 3pm.
- PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE PROPERTY UNTIL THE GATE IS OPENED : APPROXIMATELY 7:45 AM.
- The competition area will be roped off to limit the number of people in the area. In all other areas of the property please respect everyone and practice social distancing.
- No onsite or day off registration will be done for this event. You must register for all splashes you want to participate in prior to the close of pre-registration for this event which is Tuesday, June 23rd at midnight.
- Maximum number of people at check in is 3 and there will be 3 X’s clearly marked outside the Admin trailer which are 6 ft apart.
- Ribbons will be in individual Ziploc baggies per dog and taped on a table near the Admin trailer throughout the day.
- Judges and announcer’s area will be roped off to limit contact. Please practice social distancing.
- Competitors can crate and work out of their cars in the parking area the field next to the pond (allow one cars distance between cars) or you can set up your easy up in the area along the fence line by the dock with space between.
- Announcer will continually announce the next 3 dogs to compete over the speaker system. #1 is the dog on the dock competing, #2 is the next dog to compete and will be in the 5 x 5 easy up next to the dock entrance stairs and #3 in the 10 x 10 easy up at the back of the dock.
- Gloves will be available for workers and volunteers. We will be providing a hand washing station. If competitors choose to wear gloves and masks that they bring please dispose of these properly.
- All competitors MUST bring your own pool toys. We will have someone designated to retrieve your toys from the pool if necessary. Air Retrieve and Hydro Dash bumpers will be provided.
- Gates, rails, and latches will be sanitized multiple times during the day.
- Everyone is to practice social distancing at all times.
- 24K Diving dogs staff or volunteers will not hold or throw for any dogs other than staff dogs.
- Poolside videotaping and photos will be allowed as long as social distancing is maintained
- Rankin Taco’s Food Truck will be on site Saturday and Sunday.
- If you are exhibiting any of the following symptoms(out of the ordinary) or any of the following statements are true for you or a team member fever, shortness of breath, dry cough, runny nose, sore throat, been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, you have tested positive for COVID-19, have been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting results, have traveled outside the US by air or cruise ship in the last 14 days or traveled by air, bus or train in the last 14 days then you MAY NOT attend or participate in our event. If you develop any of theses symptoms prior to or up to the day of the event please notify us immediately (DO NOT COME) and we will pull you from the event with no penalty.
- All participants and team members must sign all 3 waivers, 24k Diving Dogs, NADD and NADD COVID-19. You and your team members need to email completed waivers to us ( firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to the event or bring completed waivers to the event and turn in at check in. Link below for all 3 waivers.
24K Diving Dogs Waiver
Equine/K9 Certified Sports Massage Therapist
Will be on site all 3 days to take care of your dog.
You can contact her in advance to schedule an appointment time if you would like (229) 403-1352.
We at 24K Diving dogs understand that these are very unique times and we are trying to do everything we can to provide a safe environment for you to be able to compete and have fun with your dog. Please be patient with the staff and volunteers in regards to all the rules. This is new for all of us and we will do our best to have things run smoothly and in a timely manner.
If the Governor of Georgia orders a limit on outdoor gatherings at any point prior to the event dates we will defer back to block scheduling. We will notify you immediately if this happens so you can plan accordingly. Thanks again.
If you have a reactive dog and choose to participate in any Dock Diving activities here at 24k Diving Dogs you will be responsible for keeping your dog under your control at ALL times. Feel free to use a basket muzzle if you like. Keep ample space from all other dogs. IF your dog lunges or causes any reactive incident you will be invited to leave and forfeit any or all monies due to 24k Diving Dogs or NADD. We want all dogs to enjoy the sport of diving dogs however we must keep the sport safe for everyone and every dog. If you have a reactive dog take measures to keep your dog out of any incidents so that it can enjoy the sport as well.
Our weather is known to shift within minutes. Generally, events will be held during light rain. If there is lightning in the area everything will be cancelled or delayed. All measures will be made to get all the splashes in .… watch for announcements on the Facebook NADD Fan Page as well as check your email for any weather change announcements.
Please pick up ALL of your dog’s accidents, failure to do so will result in you being asked to leave the grounds and forfeiting any monies owed 24k Diving Dogs and NADD. There will be poop buckets available for YOU to dispose of your dog’s poop.
Unless crated, dogs must be leashed at all times NO EXCEPTIONS!!! Leashes cannot exceed 6’ in length. Retractable leashes are absolutely prohibited. Prong collars are allowed but must be removed before entering the dock.
Preferred methods of payment are cash or check we do accept all major credit cards with a 3% convenience fee.
Anyone who pushes or throws their dog into the pool or in any other way abuses their dog will be excluded from further participation andwill forfeit any splash or fees!
Absolutely NO dogs are allowed in the pond at any time or inside any of our training areas (agility ring, obedience ring, barn).
Again, thank you for registering for our event. We hope you enjoy our facility and look forward to seeing you all!
Below are a couple of food places nearby.
7771 Florida Georgia Hwy (4.7 miles)
El Jalisco Havana (5.8 miles)
102 East First Ave
Places to stay – Please contact them directly for pet policies. We are pretty close to equal distances to Bainbridge GA, Tallahassee FL, and Cairo GA (we are actually 18 miles south of Cairo) So in regards to where to stay…. There is not much in Cairo, however Bainbridge has a few restaurants, Home Depot, Walmart, Tractor Supply. Tallahassee has everything!!!
We DO NOT offer RV parking. There are two RV parks listed below.
Unfortunately, we cannot offer RV parking or hookups at our place. Our entrance gate is very narrow and most RV’s and travel trailers can not make it through. Additionally, we are located on a clay road, which is not an issue for normal vehicles, however if it rains the road becomes too dangerous for large recreational vehicles to drive on. We have listed a couple of RV parks that can accommodate all sizes of recreational vehicles and travel trailers below.
Holiday Inn Express and Suites (16 miles)
1413 Tallahassee Hwy
Bainbridge GA 39819
Big River RV Park (15 miles)
801 W. Shotwell St
Bainbridge GA 39819
Candlewood Suites (18.3 miles)
2815 Lakeshore Drive
Tallahassee FL 32312
Big Oak RV Park (13.7 miles)
4024 N. Monroe Street
Tallahassee FL 32303
Best Western Executive Inn (16.5 miles)
2800 US Hwy 84 E
Cairo, GA 39828