This event is now completed.
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 08/19/2020 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
09:00 am: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash)
11:00 am: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #302 (Hydro Dash)
11:00 am: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
Welcome to 24k Diving Dogs!!!!
Check in will begin at 8am Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday running order for Hydro-Dash and Air Retrieve will be A - Z
Sunday running order for Hydro-Dash and Air Retrieve will be Z - A
Please don't forget to email us all 3 waivers to email@example.com
Please when parking in our pasture IF your dogs are barkers can you please park closer to the pond vs. the fence. My neighbors have a horse arena directly across from my pasture. If someone is riding a horse in the arena and dogs start barking at the horse this could result in the horse getting spooked and throwing the rider. This is a safety issue and I truly thank you all for the understanding and help with this.
Unfortunately we will NOT have food available at this event.
You may drop your gear off on the fence line across from the kennels (you can NOT park there, drop off only!!!!), after doing so please drive between the house and the agility field and park in the pasture area near the pond. I have posted a map of the parking, drop off and crating area on my 24k Retrievers Facebook page. We will have folks available to ask if you have questions.
You may set up crates and ez ups on the side of the pool. Please stagger your set ups keeping the 6’ social distancing guidelines. We need to have 6’ between each set up. There will be marker flags for each available area for you to set up.
Before Hydro Dash and Air Retrieve we will have a briefing that everyone must attend and this briefing will be posted with the running order. Remember according to NADD rules you must check in/pay with administration 30 minutes prior to your scheduled splash time.
You will be required to sign a total of 3 waivers/liability release forms. Once signed and checked in you will receive an armband. You will not be allowed on the dock without an armband this goes for holders as well as throwers ANYONE on the DOCK must sign the waivers. Please keep your armband for the entire event.
If you have a reactive dog and choose to participate in any Dock Diving activities here at 24k Diving Dogs you will be responsible for keeping your dog under your control at ALL times. Feel free to use a basket muzzle if you like. Keep ample space from all other dogs. IF your dog lunges or causes any reactive incident you will be invited to leave and forfeit any or all monies due to 24k Diving Dogs or NADD. We want all dogs to enjoy the sport of diving dogs however we must keep the sport safe for everyone and every dog. If you have a reactive dog take measures to keep your dog out of any incidents so that it can enjoy the sport as well.
Our weather is known to shift within minutes. Generally, events will be held during light rain. If there is lightning in the area everything will be cancelled or delayed. All measures will be made to get all the splashes in. If we have poor weather, we may switch to the Cluster format… watch for announcements on the Facebook NADD Fan Page as well as check your email for any weather change announcements.
Please pick up ALL of your dog’s accidents anywhere on our property, failure to do so will result in you being asked to leave the grounds and forfeiting any monies owed 24k Diving Dogs and NADD. There will be poop buckets available for YOU to dispose of your dog’s poop.
Unless crated, dogs must be leashed at all times NO EXCEPTIONS!!! Leashes cannot exceed 6’ in length. Retractable leashes are absolutely prohibited. Prong collars are allowed but must be removed before entering the dock.
Anyone who pushes or throws their dog into the pool or in any other way abuses their dog will be excluded from further participation andwill forfeit any splash or fees!
Absolutely NO dogs are allowed in the pond at any time or inside any of our training areas (agility ring, obedience ring, barn).
Preferred methods of payment are cash or check we do accept all major credit cards with a 3% convenience fee.
24K Diving Dogs COVID-19 Event Plan
- The competition area will be roped off to limit the number of people in the area. In all other areas of the property please respect everyone and practice social distancing.
- No onsite or day off registration will be done for this event. You must register for all splashes you want to participate in prior to the close of pre-registration for this event which is Tuesday, August 18th at midnight.
- Maximum number of people at check in is 3 and there will be 3 X’s clearly marked outside the Admin trailer which are 6 ft apart.
- Ribbons will be paperclipped together by dog’s name and taped on the table near admin.
- Judges and announcer’s area will be roped off to limit contact. Please practice social distancing.
- You can set up your easy up in the area along the fence line by the dock. Marking flags will be placed where tents(ez ups) can be placed with 6 ft between them. You may only set up in these areas and only one ez up per area.
- Announcer will continually announce the next 3 dogs to compete over the speaker system. #1 is the dog on the dock competing, #2 is the next dog to compete and will be in the 5 x 5 easy up next to the dock entrance stairs and #3 in the 10 x 10 easy up at the back of the dock.
- Gloves will be available for workers and volunteers. We will be providing a hand washing station. If competitors choose to wear gloves and masks that they bring please dispose of these properly.
- Air Retrieve and Hydro Dash bumpers will be provided.
- Gates, rails, and latches will be sanitized multiple times during the day.
- Everyone is to practice social distancing at all times.
- 24K Diving dogs staff or volunteers will not hold or throw for any dogs other than staff dogs.
- Poolside videotaping and photos will be allowed as long as social distancing is maintained
- If you are exhibiting any of the following symptoms(out of the ordinary) or any of the following statements are true for you or a team member fever, shortness of breath, dry cough, runny nose, sore throat, been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, you have tested positive for COVID-19, have been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting results, have traveled outside the US by air or cruise ship in the last 14 days or traveled by air, bus or train in the last 14 days then you MAY NOT attend or participate in our event. If you develop any of theses symptoms prior to or up to the day of the event please notify us immediately (DO NOT COME) and we will pull you from the event with no penalty.
- All participants and team members must sign all 3 waivers, 24k Diving Dogs, NADD and NADD COVID-19. You and your team members need to email completed waivers to us ( firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to the event or bring completed waivers to the event and turn in at check in. Link below for all 3 waivers.
NADD COVID Waiver
NADD Event Waiver
24K Diving Dogs Waiver
We at 24K Diving dogs understand that these are very unique times and we are trying to do everything we can to provide a safe environment for you to be able to compete and have fun with your dog. Please be patient with the staff and volunteers in regards to all the rules. This is new for all of us and we will do our best to have things run smoothly and in a timely manner.
If the Governor of Georgia orders a limit on outdoor gatherings at any point prior to the event dates we will defer back to block scheduling. We will notify you immediately if this happens so you can plan accordingly. Thanks again.
We will also have the pleasure of having Rene’ Ludecke available to massage, laser, and adjust your canine athletes You can contact Rene ahead of time and schedule a time for your dog to be seen, scheduling day of is acceptable as well but prior reservations preferred. (229) 403-1352.
We are fortunate to have Mark L. Atwater to shoot our event! Please no camera photography (cell phone video ok)
Below is his bio
Official photographer of:
-National Amateur Retriever Championship (Amateur open)
-National Retriever Championship (open)
-Boykin Spaniel National field trial
-Master Amateur Invitational
Featured on over 100 national magazine covers, including:
7771 Florida Georgia Hwy (4.7 miles)
El Jalisco Havana (5.8 miles)
102 East First Ave
Millers Lighthouse Seafood Grill (5.5 miles) Great Burger Combo!!!!
6780 Florida Georgia Hwy
Havana FL 32333
Places to stay – Please contact them directly for pet policies. We are pretty close to equal distances to Bainbridge GA, Tallahassee FL, and Cairo GA (we are actually 18 miles south of Cairo) So in regards to where to stay…. There is not much in Cairo, however Bainbridge has a few restaurants, Home Depot, Walmart, Tractor Supply. Tallahassee has everything!!!
We DO NOT offer RV parking. There are three RV parks listed below.
Unfortunately, we cannot offer RV parking or hookups at our place. Our entrance gate is very narrow and most RV’s and travel trailers cannot make it through. Additionally, we are located on a clay road, which is not an issue for normal vehicles, however if it rains the road becomes too dangerous for large recreational vehicles to drive on. We have listed a few RV parks that can accommodate all sizes of recreational vehicles and travel trailers below.
1522 Tallahassee Highway, Bainbridge, GA, 39819, US
Days Inn by Wyndham
1407 Tallahassee Highway, Bainbridge, Georgia 39819
Best Western Executive Inn (16.5 miles)
2800 US Hwy 84 E
Cairo, GA 39828
Candlewood Suites (18.3 miles)
2815 Lakeshore Drive
Tallahassee FL 32312
Microtel Inn and Suites by Wyndham
3216 N Monroe St
Tallahassee FL 32303
Big Oak RV Park (13.7 miles)
4024 N. Monroe Street
Tallahassee FL 32303
Big River RV Park (15 miles)
801 W. Shotwell St
Bainbridge GA 39819
YaYa Lake Seminole RV Park
1863 Booster Club Road
Bainbridge GA 39819
Please ask about pet policies for the above listed places.
Our facility is located 18 miles south of Cairo. We are 1.2 miles from the FL/GA state line.
We are approx 18 miles from Bainbridge and 18-20 miles from Tallahassee.
Tons of things (food, stores etc) in Tallahassee, quite a few in Bainbridge, not much in Cairo.
Again, thank you for registering for our event. We hope you enjoy our facility and look forward to seeing you all!