This event is now completed.
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 06/03/2020 at midnight (CST).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
01:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
04:00 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash)
01:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
04:00 pm: Splash #302 (Hydro Dash)
Special Hydro Dash and Air Retrieve Event
Thank you for registering for Duke’s AR and HD Specialty! Please read this in its ENTIRETY so you understand what to expect the day of the event.
No onsite cash, checks or credit card payments will be accepted.
No onsite, day of show entries will be accepted.
This event will require you to check in and payment virtually by Friday, June 5that NOON in order to attend, due to the current covid19 restrictions.
Please use this link to check in, upload your signed waivers and pay for the splashes you have registered for. https://www.dukesk9dashnsplash.com/virtualcheckin
You can also indicate there if you would like to be added to the wait list or to add more splashes.
If you just attended our event last weekend, you can use the same waivers you submitted for that event. You can also email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have virtually checked in, you will be all set for the day of the event. Just grab your wristbands (needed to get on the dock) on the table when you arrive and wait for your turn in the parking area.
The jump order will be available Friday evening using this Google Sheet. It will be updated live during the event so you can see what dog is on the dock at any given time. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1I7gRvpBgk_yvFwimH5iigbW7ZQoTCbXX9mNR875_J9Y/edit?usp=sharing
AR 101 – 1pm-4pm (max of 30 dogs)
HD 301 – 4pm-7pm (max of 40 dogs)
AR 102 – 1pm- 4pm (max of 30 dogs)
HD 302 – 4pm-7pm (max of 40 dogs)
- All crating will be out of your car in the parking area
- Park 10’ away from the next car
- Handler meetings will not be done in person for this event. Instead, we will email you any additional handler meeting notes with the jump order.
- The jump order will be listed on the white board by the table out front, where your wristbands are. Using the Google sheet mentioned above is the best way to know when you are up
- Social distancing still applies outdoors. Maintain a minimum of 6’ from all others
- Signs to remind everyone will be posted
- You should remain in your car/crating area until your dog is the next 3 dogs to jump then return to your crating area until your dog is up again
- No more than 3 people in line by the dock or admin/clubhouse (spots will be marked indicating a 6’ distance)
- Competitor masks or face coverings are HIGHLY recommended but not mandatory for this event
- We will have a person designated to sanitation for the entire day, each day
- All “high touch” surfaces will be sprayed with disinfectant regularly throughout the day and in between each group
- Competitors are encouraged to bring gloves OR use their poop bags to open gates and bathroom door knobs
- Competitors are encouraged to bring their own wipes, disinfectant and hand sanitizer but Duke’s will also have these available
- The bathrooms will have Lysol wipes and sanitizer available for clients to use before and after they use the restrooms
- There are several sanitizer stations set up throughout the facility
- All non essential seating will be removed to discourage large gatherings
- Our dock wrangler will open and close the gates to the dock for each competitor to prevent multiple people touching the same surface
- Duke’s Crew members will not be able to help hold dogs. Each competitor that requires an additional holder on the dock needs to make arrangements ahead of time
- There will be no onsite food available at this event, please plan accordingly
- All staff and volunteers will be required to wear masks/face coverings
- Staff jobs have been consolidated to reduce the number of workers at the same time during the event
- The judge will announce your score
- Clubhouse and announcers tent to be wiped down in between shifts (tables, ipads, pens, chairs, etc)
- No spectators will be permitted inside our fenced area for this event. Please do not bring friends and family with you to this event. As much as we love having the support of our families/friends, this is not the time to encourage people from different households to group up together in tents/cars etc.
- Remember, we need to keep the number of people at the facility to a minimum. There should be no more than 2 handlers/team.
- Please note: If you live outside the state of Ohio, please make sure you have reviewed Ohio’s current “safer at home” order to determine if your travel arrangements fall in line with the order. You can find the information on the state’s website at https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/dashboards/overview