This event is now completed.
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 07/31/2020 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
National Championship Qualifier
- In order to qualify, each dog must have a minimum of three splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of the top three jumps from the event for each dog. Only the top dog in each division will receive an automatic invite to the National Championships.
- Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
- The Air Retrieve qualifier will be based on the highest score achieved at the event. In both Open & Lap, the Top Finisher for each division will earn invites.
10:00 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
06:00 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash)
10:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
06:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
10:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #11 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #12 (Distance Jump)
06:00 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
10:00 am: Splash #13 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #14 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #15 (Distance Jump)
04:00 pm: Splash #302 (Hydro Dash)
This is what you can expect for our August Qualifier competition. If any of this makes you uncomfortable, we understand and encourage you to do what is best for you and your family. The deadline to withdraw and prevent getting a “no show” is 7/29 which you can do on NADDs portal where you signed up.
- NEW as of 7/23** Masks are REQUIRED for everyone as mandated by the state of Ohio’s order effective 7/23 at 6pm (the exception to this is if you are able to maintain a minimum of 6’ apart for everyone else who is not a member of your household) ie. Sitting in your personal crating area or on the dock by yourself/with a household member. If you are walking to the dock, the bathrooms, admin, in line to get on the dock, etc. then a mask is required
- Prepayment and virtual check in is required for this event. To eliminate the need for face to face interaction at the admin building and long lines. If you are not able to check in by the 7/31 deadline, you must email us to make other arrangements
- Pick up your wristband at the table outside of Duke’s when you arrive. No need to check in as you should have already done so virtually (for those who have signed waivers electronically via the virtual check in link)
- No Spectators are permitted at this event
- Max 2 people/dog
- Everyone stays in their crating area until it is their turn
- Max 3 dogs by the dock, everyone else stays in their crating area
- Minimum of 6’ between cars in parking area and canopies inside Duke’s
- Everyone will maintain a minimum of 6’ apart from all other competitors at all times
- When your splashes are over for the day, please head out, to keep the # of people at the facility to a minimum
- Duke’s Dock wrangler will do their very best to open dock gates for all competitors all weekend long
- Those crating in parking are to use the 2 added porta potties near parking, those crating inside Dukes use Dukes bathrooms
- Ribbons will be available at the END of each splash on the green table by the dock. You will peel your dogs ribbon off the sheet and place it on a blue ribbon to take with you
- Normal splash jump times. Jump order will be posted on the dock, out front by the entrance and texted via our group text service (details coming soon about signing up for texts) Thursday will be by dogs name A-Z, Friday Z-A, Saturday A-Z, Sunday Z-A
The safety of all of our competitors is always our top priority. While we will be running our normal splash schedule that everyone is used to, we will still be implementing all of these precautions and more at the event.
We are so excited to be able to host this event and can not wait to see you all soon!