This event is now completed.
- This is an Indoor Event
- Online registration closes 05/19/2020 at midnight (CST).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- This event is an Open Splash event. This is done at Portable Dock trials and other shows that have timing conflicts with other dog events. The time for each splash for the day will be set such as 9am for example for all the splashes. You have between the posted start time and end time (either before AR starts or the end of the last day, usually 3pm) to complete your splashes for the day. When you check in you will be handed “Splash Cards” for each splash that you pay for. When you are ready to jump during the day, hand a splash card to the wrangler to get put into the running order. It is the handler's responsibility to be sure to be present it before their turn to jump. Please be aware that at many events, the running order board fills very quickly and early in the day.
- Please Note: You must pay for all pre registered splashes at time of check-in. Any splashes not paid for will be put back into the event's on-site registration availability list.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Independent Event Finals
- This event will have an independent Facility Finals. The finals will not count towards NADD jumps (averages, rankings, etc).
- Each facility will determine how many dogs will make the Finals and the awards to be given, if any.
- At least 3 jumps are required to participate in independent event finals.
03:30 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve) - Please check in 30 minutes prior.
06:00 pm: Splash #1 (Distance Jump) - Please check in 30 minutes prior.
09:30 am: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve) - Please check in 30 minutes prior.
12:00 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump) - Please check in 30 minutes prior.
02:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump) - Please check in 30 minutes prior.
04:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump) - Please check in 30 minutes prior.
06:00 pm: Splash #5 (Distance Jump) - Please check in 30 minutes prior.
08:00 am: Splash #103 (Air Retrieve) - Please check in 30 minutes prior.
10:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump) - Please check in 30 minutes prior.
12:00 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump) - Please check in 30 minutes prior.
02:00 pm: Splash #8 (Distance Jump) - Please check in 30 minutes prior.
10:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump) - Please check in 30 minutes prior.
12:00 pm: Splash #10 (Distance Jump) - Please check in 30 minutes prior.
02:00 pm: Splash #11 (Distance Jump) - Please check in 30 minutes prior.
RUSTIC LODGE COVID-19 GUIDELINES & PRECAUTIONS
☐ 10 ft. canopy or crate out of car.
☐ NO EXCEPTIONS!
☐ Outside Crating ONLY!
☐ Sign ALL waivers (NADD competitor, NADD Covid-19, Rustic Lodge Covid-19) distributed in email.
☐ EVERY COMPETITOR/HANDLER MUST TURN IN WAIVERS OR WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO PARTICIPATE!
☐ Pre-torn & self-applied wristbands.
☐ Registration tent outside, or in ticket booth if raining.
☐ NO ON-SITE REGISTRATIONS!
☐ If you are not pre-registered, WE WILL BE HAVING A WAITLIST! Please contact us as ASAP if interested, spots will be first come first serve.
☐ All pre-registration splashes will be finalized prior to the start of the event.
☐ NO EDITING REGISTRATION AT EVENT UNLESS IT IS DUE TO AN INJURY.
☐ Invoices will be sent out 24 hours prior to the start of event, no payment the day of event.
☐ INVOICES MUST BE PAID PRIOR TO CHECK-IN!
☐ NO cash.
☐ NO checks.
☐ If this does not work, you must contact us to make other arrangements.
Handler’s Meeting/Jump Order
☐ Email all competitors a copy of the Handler’s Meeting prior to event.
☐ NO handler meetings will be held during the event, in-person.
☐ Jump order will be pre-established according to the acuity scheduling Jump Groups.
☐ Jump order will be announced throughout the day, like always.
☐ YOU MUST BE CHECKED IN PRIOR TO THE START OF YOUR JUMP GROUP!
Acuity Scheduling Time Slots
☐ An email will be sent to all pre-reg competitors prior to the schedule opening.
☐ Schedule will open 72 hours before the event opens (May 19th, 2020 @ 3:00pm)
☐ Time slots will be 2 hours apart.
☐ YOU MUST ARRIVE AN HOUR BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED TIME!
☐ Dogs must jump Friday splashes on Friday, Saturday on Saturday, and Sunday on Sunday.
☐ You sign up your dog for ONE Jump Group and jump all of their splashes within that group.
☐ All time slots will be verified by Rustic Lodge PRIOR to the start of the event.
☐ Jump Groups will have a maximum of dogs determined after pre-registration closes.
☐ ALL high touch surfaces WILL be sanitized FREQUENTLY!
☐ An abundance of sanitizer will be available EVERYWHERE!
☐ High touch surfaces WILL BE LIMITED to only those that can’t be eliminated.
☐ Less than 25 people inside the building at once. (Max. of 4 dogs inside lined up, 10 feet apart).
☐ Mandatory 6 feet distance between all people.
☐ Mask are REQUIRED! (You must supply your own.)
☐ Competitors will be asked to leave if they are not practicing social distancing procedures.
☐ Wear masks at all times.
☐ Only one person at registration.
☐ Only go in and out of building to potty their dogs.
☐ All judges will have their own clipboard.
☐ Each wrangler will have their own stopwatch.
☐ Sanitize frequently.
☐ No food will be provided for lunch.
☐ Unfortunately, due to the circumstances it is best we do not do a potluck for this event; HOWEVER, we will continue in the future once permitted.
☐ AR will take place at normal AR time.
☐ The following jump order will take place: Friday(A-Z), Saturday(Z-A), & Sunday(A-Z).
☐ You MUST REQUEST your ribbons.
☐ We will NOT be filling out ribbons for every dog, unless requested!
☐ You will be able to pick up your Q-Ribbons before leaving for the day at registration.
☐ Although, things will be different, this DOES NOT mean the fun is taken away!
☐ We will not be doing a jump off for finals, but instead going off the BUBBLE!
☐ NO awards will be distributed after the final splash.
☐ If you place, you can arrange pick-up at the facility if local. If not local, we will gladly ship it to you!
☐ You must compete in at least 3 splashes to be eligible for Fun Finals.
☐ The bubble goes off of your best jump of the weekend, NOT the average.
☐ Everyone will be eligible for the door prizes, as everyone will be pre-reg only.
☐ If you win, you can arrange pick-up at the facility if local. If not local, we will gladly ship it to you!
The point of the Jump Groups is to get people in and out while maintaining social distancing and being able to have fun with your pups once again, while staying safe and staying healthy!
If you have any questions, concerns, or need for special accommodations, feel free to contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Our only hope is to get you and your pups safely back on the dock again!
Rustic Lodge Covid-19 Waiver: