This event is now completed.
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 06/23/2020 at midnight (CST).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
04:00 pm: Splash #1 (Distance Jump) - Check in 30 minutes before SPLASH.
05:15 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
06:30 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash)
08:00 am: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve) - Please check in 30 minutes before start time.
09:30 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump) - Please check in 30 minutes before start time. The start time of this SPLASH will be adjusted, depending on the end time of A/R.
11:00 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
12:30 pm: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #103 (Air Retrieve) - Please check in 30 minutes before start time.
09:30 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump) - Please check in 30 minutes before start time. The start time of this SPLASH will be adjusted, depending on the end time of A/R.
11:00 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
12:30 pm: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
02:00 pm: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
Brian and I welcome you to our SPLASH'n FUN event for the 2020 calendar year! FYI...this was initially our postponed April event.
Our judges for this event will be Brian E. Whitton, Bryan Burns, Monique White Krouse, and Elsa V. Moncivais-Whitton.
We will have HydroDash on Friday, after the Distance SPLASHES.
Air Retrieve will be held first thing on Saturday and Sunday, followed by four Distance SPLASHES. If Air Retrieve and/or HydroDash is full, we will be taking additional pups on a wait list, please contact us with your pup’s NADD#, and the day you would like to reserve.
Lunch on Saturday will be available for a $5 donation.
We will have a food truck available on Sunday - Toscano Burgers and More...for "the best burgers on the coast" and more!
COVID-19 PLAN: We will run the event as normal as possible, with the following adjustments:
-COVID-19 and NADD waivers will be sent out via email to all preregistered competitors via the NADD portal;
-We request that each competitor that will be on our dock to please complete, sign, and return electronically the waivers to our facility email - K9COASTALSPORTS@YAHOO.COM or bring the forms with you to be turned in upon check in;
-In the event you do not have access to a printer, we will have copies of the waivers on hand to be completed and signed;
-We ask that competitors arrive 30 minutes prior to SPLASH start time to check in and warm up - wet their dogs;
-Please let us know at check in - if you would not like your qualifying jump ribbons;
-Payment will be accepted at the time of check in, by someone wearing gloves and/or using hand sanitizer before and after each transaction.
NADD EVENT WAIVERS:
-There will only be one dog with it’s handler(s) on the dock at a time;
-We (Brian, Elsa, judges, volunteers) will ensure that the next dog and hander do not enter the competition dock until the previous dog and handler have exited the dock;
-At our facility, we are set up with an area for the next dog and handler to wait at a safe distance;
-We will be utilizing our PA system, to ensure competitors are aware of who is on the dock, who is up next, to include the next three dogs;
-We will list the order of each SPLASH on a white board that can be seen from a distance;
-There will be no Try-its at this event.
-There is plenty of space at our facility to have easy ups set up at a safe distance, to include in-car crating.
-There will be hand sanitizer and gloves available for all volunteers;
-We will have hand sanitizer available throughout the premises, but is recommended competitiors bring their own;
-Our bathroom facility is equipped with soap, hand sanitizer, paper towels, and trash cans for use;
-We will place a trash can outside the bathroom to dispose of the paper towel you may have used to open and close the door;
-There will be a wash station set up outdoors as well;
-The perimeter gates will be left open, to eliminate hands on by all entering or leaving the facility;
-We ask that all competitors pick up after their dogs, we will have poop bags located throughout the grounds;
-We do have trash cans set up throughout the facility.
-We will have regular - set SPLASH start times:
-Friday June 26:
SPLASH #1 - 4p.m.;
SPLASH #2 - 5:15p.m.;
HydroDash - 6:30p.m.
-Saturday June 27:
A/R #101 @ 8a.m.;
SPLASH #3 @ 9:30a.m.;
SPLASH #4 @ 11a.m.;
SPLASH #5 @ 12:30p.m.;
SPLASH #6 @ 2p.m.
-Sunday June 28:
A/R #102 @ 8a.m.;
SPLASH #7 @ 9:30a.m.;
SPLASH #8 @ 11a.m.;
SPLASH #9 @ 12:30p.m.;
SPLASH #10 @ 2p.m.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions (361) 332-2017 - Brian and Elsa Whitton.