This event is now completed.
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 07/28/2020 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
10:30 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
03:30 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
06:00 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
09:00 am: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
10:30 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
03:30 pm: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
06:00 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #103 (Air Retrieve)
09:30 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
12:00 pm: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
02:30 pm: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
Covid Plan - As of June 26th, 2020 the State of Illinois is in Phase 4. We are running the event as normal, but ask that you still maintain social distancing and be responsible. There will be hand sanitizer available. Masks are not required.
There will be FINALS at this event - Finals will be at 5:30pm on Sunday.
- Top 5 dogs in each division (open class only) will move on to the finals. It will be your dog's biggest score of the weekend.
- Competitors must complete 3 splashes to be eligible for finals.
- Finals will be two jumps back to back. No practice jump.
- Placement ribbons will be awarded to the top 3 (open class only) for Distance.
- No finals for Hydro Dash or AR. Placement ribbons will be award for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for Hydro Dash and AR. AR will be combined for the weekend and placement ribbons given after the last AR.
NO ON SITE and NO waiting list.
- If you pre-enter, you must pay for all splashes at the time of initial check in. If you choose not to pay for all splashes at that time, you will be removed from remaining unpaid splashes. If you then choose to add splashes later it WILL be at the day of show price of $28 per splash.
- You MUST arrive and register AT LEAST 30 minutes prior to your first splash of the event. If you are not checked in 30 minutes prior to your splash you will be scratched from that splash. PLEASE NOTE: Highway 88 (and most highways) is almost always under construction. Take this into account when planning your trip.
- Handlers meeting/Roll Call will be 15 minutes before the first splash.
- Friday registration and the pool open at 9:30am. Registration closes 30 minutes before each splash.
- Saturday registration and the pool open at 8am. Sunday registration will open at 7am. Registration closes 30 minutes before each splash.
- Running order will be alphabetical by dog's name, M to L on Friday, Z to A on Saturday and A to Z on Sunday.
- We have splash times however they are only estimated start times. Splashes may begin slightly earlier or run late.
- Due to the number of entries there will not be practice time in between splashes.
- We will begin the next splash right after the one before it ends.
- 2 porta potties onsite
- Plenty of space for parking and canopies. You can kennel out of your vehicle.
- Part time onsite photographer, Chris Davis of Clicks by Chris. Other photographers welcome.
Please review our Facility Rules.
The following judges will be rotated through for the season. We will generally use 2-3 per event.
- Shannon Davis (senior judge)
- Curtis Swearingen
- Tiffany Clevenger
- Chris Davis
- Renea Robison
There is a small Walmart, fast food and gas stations in town, 5 miles north of us.
Camping: Crystal Lake Campground in Rock Falls. They are about 7 minutes from us. Please check directly with the campground regarding pet policy.