- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration begins on 03/09/2020 at 06:00 pm and closes 07/07/2020 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
National Championship Qualifier
- In order to qualify, each dog must have a minimum of three splashes completed at this event. We then take the average of the top three jumps from the event for each dog. Only the top dog in each division will receive an automatic invite to the National Championships.
- Jumps in all the Splashes will count towards your NADD/AKC titles.
- The Air Retrieve qualifier will be based on the highest score achieved at the event. In both Open & Lap, the Top Finisher for each division will earn invites.
10:30 am: Splash #1 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump)
03:30 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump)
06:00 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash)
08:00 am: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
10:30 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #5 (Distance Jump)
03:30 pm: Splash #6 (Distance Jump)
06:00 pm: Splash #7 (Distance Jump)
08:00 am: Splash #103 (Air Retrieve)
10:30 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump)
01:00 pm: Splash #9 (Distance Jump)
03:30 pm: Splash #10 (Distance Jump)
This is the NADD National Diving Dog Championship Qualifier.
- See notes above for additional information on how you qualify.
NO FINALS - Placements at the end of the event
- Competitors must complete 3 splashes to qualify for placements.
- Placement ribbons will be awarded to the top 3 overall of the weekend in each division.
- Competitors must be present to receive their placement ribbon. It will not be mailed or held.
- Each air retrieve/hydro dash will be its own competition. Placement ribbons will be award for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
- If you pre-enter, you must pay for all splashes at the time of initial check in. If you choose not to pay for all splashes at that time, you will be removed from remaining unpaid splashes. If you then choose to add splashes later it WILL be at the day of show price of $28 per splash.
- For distance: we will offer day of show as long as space/time permits. For air retrieve & hydrodash: there will be 6 day of show spots available for first come. There is NO waiting list.
- You MUST arrive and register AT LEAST 30 minutes prior to your first splash of the event. If you are not checked in 30 minutes prior to your splash you will be scratched from that splash. PLEASE NOTE: Highway 88 (and most highways) is almost always under construction. Take this into account when planning your trip.
- Handlers meeting/Roll Call will be 15 minutes before each splash.
- Friday registration and the pool open at 9:30 am. Registration closes 30 minutes before each splash.
- Saturday and Sunday registration and the pool open at 7:00 am. Registration closes 30 minutes before each splash.
- Running order will be alphabetical by dog's name, M to L on Friday, Z to A on Saturday and A to Z on Sunday.
- 2 porta potties onsite
- Plenty of space for parking and canopies. You can kennel out of your vehicle.
- Part time onsite photographer, Chris Davis of Clicks by Chris. Other photographers welcome.
Please review our Facility Rules.
The following judges will be rotated through for the season. We will generally use 2-3 per event.
- Shannon Davis (senior judge)
- Curtis Swearingen
- Tiffany Clevenger
- Chris Davis
- Renea Robison
There is a small Walmart, fast food and gas stations in town, 5 miles north of us.